Author Topic: Post Your RR2 Bots  (Read 42846 times)

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
Re: Post Your RR2 Bots
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »
Amazing work!

Would you guys mind if we shared some of these on Twitter or Reddit?

Feel free, can I get a link to the reddit?
Things I did & done

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2019, 01:56:41 PM »
Amazing work!

Would you guys mind if we shared some of these on Twitter or Reddit?

Yeah, in fine with mine,

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2019, 04:32:38 PM »
Updated Speed Demon a bunch to look more like the RA2 one, and to fix the ****ed up texturing. Pretty happy with it now, though it's not quite the same without the martini stripes

Speed Demon RR2.png
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2019, 06:54:30 PM »
Updated Speed Demon a bunch to look more like the RA2 one, and to fix the ****ed up texturing. Pretty happy with it now, though it's not quite the same without the martini stripes

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Looks good!

FWIW, I would like to get back to the texture painter at some point.  It feels incomplete right now. 

Stripes are possible now with custom shapes.  Cut out what you need and slap it on to the surface.  It might take a lot of tweaking to get it to look good.

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »
We don’t have an active Reddit thread atm.  It might be bad form to plug our own game.  I’m still pretty new at this whole social media thing, and trying to learn the rules.

I put a call out to our social guru though, and we should have something up on Twitter in the next day or two.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2019, 09:27:08 AM »
Spent way too long on this but here is my first RR2 build: a version of my DSL SHW Fait Accompli. It's 109.87kg, the chassis and weapon bulkheads are 5mm aluminium, the wedge and side armour are 3mm steel, the weapon shaft is 5mm steel.

fait_accompli_rr2.png

I'll probably have to bulk it up to SHW so I can give it the toothed scoop/wedge of the original, and armour that doesn't crumple like tin foil if it rams headlong into a wall heck It's got excellent speed and pushing power, though.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2019, 10:02:42 AM »
We don’t have an active Reddit thread atm.  It might be bad form to plug our own game.  I’m still pretty new at this whole social media thing, and trying to learn the rules.

I put a call out to our social guru though, and we should have something up on Twitter in the next day or two.
With cjbruce's permission, I have set up a subreddit for Robot Rumble! You can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/RobotRumble/

I'm also thinking of doing a small scale Parsec tournament, with a focus on playtesting to give feedback to the developers (but also for the fun of it). Would there be any interest in something like this?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »

With cjbruce's permission, I have set up a subreddit for Robot Rumble! You can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/RobotRumble/

I'm also thinking of doing a small scale Parsec tournament, with a focus on playtesting to give feedback to the developers (but also for the fun of it). Would there be any interest in something like this?
Kix is hosting a small parsec tourney and there's been a fair bit of interest in that, so I'm sure the people who missed out on Kix's would bite your hand off for another one

Nice work on the subreddit too  :thumbup
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2019, 10:18:26 AM »

Would love that, nice stuff
Things I did & done

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »
1. What you guys are doing here with your designs is amazing. :)
2. All of the masses, damage resistance, motor power, etc. are going to change. :(  We haven't taken even a preliminary game balancing pass yet.  Numbers are purely "notional" as they say in politics.  Heck, our house robots aren't even the correct size.  D.B. is supposed to be about 20 kg.  Ballerina should be about 35 kg.  Please understand that numbers are going to get tweaked, optimized, and changed over the next six months.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2019, 04:35:43 PM »
2. All of the masses, damage resistance, motor power, etc. are going to change. :(  We haven't taken even a preliminary game balancing pass yet.  Numbers are purely "notional" as they say in politics.  Heck, our house robots aren't even the correct size.  D.B. is supposed to be about 20 kg.  Ballerina should be about 35 kg.  Please understand that numbers are going to get tweaked, optimized, and changed over the next six months.
And I look forward to it!

In the meantime, here's an HS based on an unfinished CAD of mine. Any chance that later versions will have hollow tube shapes, for creating discs with weight-saving holes, or will we have to wait for the modding tool for that?

spitfire.png
My DSL Showcase

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »
And I look forward to it!

In the meantime, here's an HS based on an unfinished CAD of mine. Any chance that later versions will have hollow tube shapes, for creating discs with weight-saving holes, or will we have to wait for the modding tool for that?

I’m not sure if @tashic has anything up his sleeve for this, but most likely we will need to wait for the component modding tool.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2019, 06:57:28 AM »
Lupis

Lupis.PNG
Things I did & done

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »

Actually competent flipper

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2019, 05:46:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Awesome!  How much did you have to play with the shape to get it to work?

Do you think the tool is accurate  enough to prototype IRL flipper geometry?

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »

It was honestly pretty fast and easy to make, just created a sideways model on tool creation section and made it 1.5 inch (i guess) tall. It is as accurate as it can be
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:40:49 AM by kix »

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »

It was.honestly pretty fast and easy to make, just created a sideways model on tool creation section and gave made it 1.5 inch (i guess) tall. It is as accurate as it can be

Sorry about that!  Units should be in meters, so an inch would be 0.0254 meters.  We’re trying to keep everything in SI units so folks can match up their designs to the real world.

Offline Sickle robotics

• Most improved 2019.
  • Middleweight
  • Also know as SolaR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: SolaR#7815
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2019, 01:17:37 AM »
Screenshot (1178).png

Screenshot (1184).png

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2019, 05:38:12 AM »
I still don't really get this building system, but here's my first working robutt

I like it!  I am interested to see how the twin screws work in battle.

The intent with this game is to try to model damage physically.  Instead of simply giving damage points every time a contact point exceeds an impulse threshold like in RA2 (more contact points = more damage per round), I have made a system where fewer contact points = more damage.  This should benefit designs like yours, which try to focus all of the contact on a single point.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2019, 06:50:49 AM »
I still don't really get this building system, but here's my first working robutt

I like it!  I am interested to see how the twin screws work in battle.

The intent with this game is to try to model damage physically.  Instead of simply giving damage points every time a contact point exceeds an impulse threshold like in RA2 (more contact points = more damage per round), I have made a system where fewer contact points = more damage.  This should benefit designs like yours, which try to focus all of the contact on a single point.
Guessing this system also make the weapon spammy bots with a lot of teeth work like IRL, where they are inefficient