Author Topic: Post Your RR2 Bots  (Read 42820 times)

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Post Your RR2 Bots
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2019, 05:54:22 PM »
Riptide

Thats hot

Dammnit textures are not good

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2019, 08:45:52 AM »
New Day, a new bot to copy

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
sorry to pollute all of the beautiful irl bots with something that looks demented but it had to be done
I started out trying to build a vs to learn how to use the botbuilder. After testing it in battle it would drive very stable but I quickly got tired of how often it would get flipped over, either from some havok-esque explosion or from touching the wall or something (which for some reason would keep lifting my robot). I tried giving it a srimech but couldn't figure out how to have controls for that along with the disk. So at this point I was really tired and went with the roll cage. It works, though.

It still has this problem though where if it backs up into the wall in the test arena, it straight up freezes, probably due to the back stabilizers glitching into the wall or something. It also doesn't work period in the warehouse arena since it just rolls backwards upon spawn until it goes inside of the wall, and then is just stuck there forever. Still is a lot of fun though.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2019, 02:28:45 PM »
sorry to pollute all of the beautiful irl bots with something that looks demented but it had to be done

I started out trying to build a vs to learn how to use the botbuilder. After testing it in battle it would drive very stable but I quickly got tired of how often it would get flipped over, either from some havok-esque explosion or from touching the wall or something (which for some reason would keep lifting my robot). I tried giving it a srimech but couldn't figure out how to have controls for that along with the disk. So at this point I was really tired and gave it the roll cage. It works, though.

It still has this problem though where if it backs up into the wall in the test arena, it straight up freezes, probably due to the back stabilizers glitching into the wall or something. It also doesn't work period in the warehouse arena since it just rolls backwards upon spawn until it goes inside of the wall, and then is just stuck there forever. Still is a lot of fun though.
Imo DSL-s is not gud son

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Well, here goes.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2019, 02:53:48 PM »
It wasn't really my intention, it just became that
I posted because I thought the way it ended up was pretty funny

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2019, 05:28:20 PM »
Tbh, looks a bit like what a bot could be on the early days of robot combat imo

Though weapon spam by teeth won't be effective by the full version basically

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2019, 07:17:34 PM »

I’m considering adding a script to lower the height of the center of mass to make all robots more tip-resistant.  It should help for almost every design except for something that is specifically designed to tip over.  Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any real-world examples of such a design though.  What do you guys think?

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2019, 09:29:19 PM »

I’m considering adding a script to lower the height of the center of mass to make all robots more tip-resistant.  It should help for almost every design except for something that is specifically designed to tip over.  Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any real-world examples of such a design though.  What do you guys think?
That would be a good addition.

P.S. Pussycat was practically designed to flop around and drive no matter what position it was in. That's the only example I know of.
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2019, 02:23:38 AM »

Overhead thwackbots like Stinger? I haven't tried building one in RR2 yet so I don't know whether they work currently. But for all the sh** RA3 deserves, that was one of the few things it got right: torque reaction worked. Anyone who had to fight Torquish Delight will testify that it worked very well.
My DSL Showcase

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Well, here goes.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2019, 03:21:44 AM »
alright this is to make up for the garbage I posted earlier

nightmare2.png

On the topic of the center of mass discussion: if robots IRL are less prone to tipping than robots in game, isn't there a more realistic way to go about making robots more stable? Also, I would think that the change would hurt flippers, since now its harder for them to invert robots that aren't invertible to win. I'm not necessarily opposed to it though, if its the best way to improve the stability of robots because that is something that will need to be ironed out eventually.

Edit: so on Nightmare it seems I accidentally deleted one of the spikes (you can see it in the image). I went back to fix it and then accidentally necroed the whole robot by moving a piece to a far away location and then clicking off, so that's that :dead:

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2019, 04:51:49 AM »
alright this is to make up for the garbage I posted earlier

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

On the topic of the center of mass discussion: if robots IRL are less prone to tipping than robots in game, isn't there a more realistic way to go about making robots more stable? Also, I would think that the change would hurt flippers, since now its harder for them to invert robots that aren't invertible to win. I'm not necessarily opposed to it though, if its the best way to improve the stability of robots because that is something that will need to be ironed out eventually.

Edit: so on Nightmare it seems I accidentally deleted one of the spikes (you can see it in the image). I went back to fix it and then accidentally necroed the whole robot by moving a piece to a far away location and then clicking off, so that's that :dead:
Holy sh**, you nd arcane are amazing. My BB rep is sh** compared to this. As for the part going off.. i guess if you moved the chassis a bit to the direction opposite of of the component, you might be able to move it. Maybe set a limit of components direction to 2?

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Well, here goes.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2019, 05:05:28 AM »
Holy sh**, you nd arcane are amazing. My BB rep is sh** compared to this. As for the part going off.. i guess if you moved the chassis a bit to the direction opposite of of the component, you might be able to move it. Maybe set a limit of components direction to 2?

Thanks. I'm not sure about the exact direction and distance of the piece though, and if I move the chassis to get the piece I'm pretty sure I'd lose the chassis then, unless I'm missing something :/. I'm guessing that the only way to go about this would be a bot file edit if that's possible.

I'm not sure if I'm dumb and don't know all the controls, but an undue button would be a huge help in the bot builder (I'm guessing that's planned). Also, the main culprit for these errors is because when entering in coordinates, if the number box is focused but not the text itself, and if the number I'm entering leads with a "." e.g. ".350", then the period gets skipped and just 350 is entered. That's how I got the necro.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2019, 05:53:11 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm dumb and don't know all the controls, but an undue button would be a huge help in the bot builder (I'm guessing that's planned).
Oh my god, yes please. I had a similar issue while building Goodbye Kiss, but I quit the game, reloaded, and that specific change hadn't been saved somehow. I've also had issues where I've moved something and released the mouse button, but it doesn't release the controls, so I end up accidentally dragging the object halfway across the screen and have to manually put it back where it was instead of just hitting Ctrl+Z.

Shame about the Nightmare rep, because it's utterly gorgeous. You even put the weapon belt on it!
My DSL Showcase

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2019, 10:07:12 AM »

Thanks. I'm not sure about the exact direction and distance of the piece though, and if I move the chassis to get the piece I'm pretty sure I'd lose the chassis then, unless I'm missing something :/. I'm guessing that the only way to go about this would be a bot file edit if that's possible.

I'm not sure if I'm dumb and don't know all the controls, but an undue button would be a huge help in the bot builder (I'm guessing that's planned). Also, the main culprit for these errors is because when entering in coordinates, if the number box is focused but not the text itself, and if the number I'm entering leads with a "." e.g. ".350", then the period gets skipped and just 350 is entered. That's how I got the necro.

You can bfe the bots, it is kinda complicated

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2019, 10:51:04 AM »

Pardon the ignorance, but what does BFE stand for?

Offline botbuster

• Razer
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: -19
  • welcome back to robot wars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »

It means Bot File Editing.
RA2 Awards Most Enthusiastic 2023
Tournament Records and Rewards

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2019, 11:12:16 AM »

Bot File Editing.
Going into the code for a robot and changing it.
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »

Yup, it is what it looks like

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:45:20 PM by kix »

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Well, here goes.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2019, 02:15:47 PM »
I fixed it bois

Had to edit the coordinates of the piece in the bot file. I also smoothed out parts of the disk and made the chain on the track closer to the size of the chain in the air.

It's actually pretty effective in battle, and somehow the spinner is strong enough to self right, so its basically everything I could have asked for.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 04:47:38 PM by UberPyro »

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
I fixed it bois

Had to edit the coordinates of the piece in the bot file. I also smoothed out parts of the disk and made the chain on the gears closer to the size of the chain in the air.

It's actually pretty effective in battle, and somehow the spinner is strong enough to self right, so its basically everything I could have asked for.

Unbelievable!  Wow!