Robot Rumble 2.0 > Robot Rumble 2.0

Earn Your Stripes: An RR2 Tourney

(1/11) > >>

Gulden:

Time to take a bigger bite than I can chew.

Today's Gimmick
This is 5 separate tourneys in one with a cumulative points system to go along with it.

-Every tourney has its own sign-ups phase.  Note:  Previous robots will not be automatically entered.
-1 entrant per tourney with the exception of the final tourney.
-You can enter a tournament, even if you weren't in a previous one.
-For every win the robot gets within the tourney, the robot will get a point on a scoreboard.  These points will be used later. (Go to ~ to skip there)
-A person can (and is encouraged to) enter separate bots for each tourney, however, the new robot will earn its own set of points.
-Upgrades to previous robots can also be done between tourneys, including rebuilds with similar designs (see also: RotatoR, Hypershock, Lockjaw, ect.).
~The final tournament is not first come first serve like the others, rather, robots that sign up will be selected based on their points.
-You can enter four robots into the final tournament.  However, they can only get in if they have higher scores than others who have signed up.
-2 Robots can enter the final tournament on fan vote.
-Bye bots will be supplied if not enough entries show up, since this tourney is about wins, not bracket placement for the mostpart.

Don't be a dick.  If it looks stupid, or acts stupid, I'll deny you.
Note that I'm being strict on 4-bars and ring spinners.

RR2-IRL-AI
Tick rate 300
Damage Percentage 50%
I'll be using the battery drain build.  I will update between tourneys if I see it worthy.
Basic geometry can be added, recolored, or removed to your robots and sent to me between fights, but added geometry must be made of Aluminum or worse material.
Weight cannot be made for these addons by making other materials thinner.
CAD is allowed if it doesn't break the game
Swiss Army bots are allowed.
Clusterbots are allowed 2 members.
If more than 4 robots enter an arena at one time, the lightest robot will not participate.
No turrets unless you know how to AI it.
Shufflers get a 25% weight bonus
Gyro Walkers get a 50% weight bonus
True Walkers get a 100% weight bonus

Tourney 1:  Robots Extreme
Entrant Limit:  16
Weight Limit: 110KG
Spinner Speed Limit:  200 MPH
Bracket type:  Double Elimination
Arena:  Minor League Arena

Tourney 2:  Ruckus for Robots
Weight Limit:  110KG
Spinner Speed limit: 50 MPH
Bracket type:  4 fight round robin
Each robot gets 4 random fights.  When finished, the robot with the most wins is the victor.  If more than 1 robot is tied for first, then a small bracket (if 4), a rumble (of 3), or a head to head (if 2), will commence to find a victor.Arena:  Cheap Arena

Tourney 3:  Robot Rumble Live
Entrant Limit:  24
Spinner Speed limit:  200 MPH
Bracket type:  Robot Wars Series 4 that leads to a 4 bot single elimination bracket
Arena:  Minor League Arena

Tourney 4:  Robotogames
Entrant Limit: 32
Spinner Speed limit:  1500 Energy unit things
Bracket type:  Single Elimination
Arena:  Cheap Arena

Tourney 5:  Robotic Wars
Entrant Limit: 30
Weight Limit: 110 KG
Spinner Speed Limit:  300 MPH
Bracket type:  Robot Wars Series 10, except second place of a heat goes into Heat 6 with a wildcard.
Arena:  Major League Arena

Tourney 1

Tourney 2

minorleague.min

cheaparena.chp

majorleague.big

By entering my tournament, you consent to whatever AI BS I do to your robot, unless you send your own and specifically tell me not to change it.
You also consent to whatever music I choose, which will likely be my own.

This will serve as our scoreboard and Signups sheet.

Tourney 1

Tourney 1
Tourney 2

Tourney 4

8bean:
Jesus this is gonna be a massive tournament

also nice arenas, are the bots in the pics lw's or are the arenas gigantic?

Gulden:

--- Quote from: 8bean on May 28, 2021, 10:47:00 PM ---Jesus this is gonna be a massive tournament

also nice arenas, are the bots in the pics lw's or are the arenas gigantic?

--- End quote ---
They're Beetles.  It probably would've been a good idea to post Heavyweights there.

Here's a comparison of said Beetleweight with my shark.  You can also see in the background of the logo.

8bean:

--- Quote from: Gulden on May 28, 2021, 10:52:35 PM ---They're Beetles.  It probably would've been a good idea to post Heavyweights there.

--- End quote ---

ah ok that makes way more sense lmao

Gulden:
Alright, this got like, 4 pog emojis on discord and at least 1 like on GTM so I'mma start Signups now.

This will serve as our scoreboard and Signups sheet.

Spinner Speed Limit:  200 MPH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version