2 (11.8%)
flipper
4 (23.5%)
hammer/axe
2 (11.8%)
Other (comment)
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Team Lightning's Showcase  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Team Lightning

• Addicted to combat robotics, good at annoying people, and wanting to get to -10000 rep XD.
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Education is important, robots are importanter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Team Lightning's Showcase
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 03:29:25 PM »
Why isn’t it legal? And didn’t I say I don’t paint my bots?

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 03:30:37 PM »
Why isn’t it legal? And didn’t I say I don’t paint my bots?
Well it isnt legal because the gearboxes are sticking out, You can paint the bots in material section, there is a tint option

Offline Team Lightning

• Addicted to combat robotics, good at annoying people, and wanting to get to -10000 rep XD.
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 03:35:00 PM »
1. I know how to paint my bots, but I don't, 2. why is having gearboxes sticking out illegal? Or is it illegal in your tournament?

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
1. I know how to paint my bots, but I don't, 2. why is having gearboxes sticking out illegal? Or is it illegal in your tournament?
Do you see any real life combat robots having their drive motors outside of the chassis? No you don't.

In the overall IRL meta, you're supposed to build your bots as what you expect to see in real life competitions such as Battlebots and Robot Wars. Likewise when building these sort of bots in RR2, the rules of realism come into play. Having motors outside of the chassis without any proper support will not acceptable due to a. the motors falling off and dragging along the ground, b. your bot would be disqualify for exposed wiring, and c. floating motors are not possible in IRL. As a result, your bot will not be classed as realistic, and would be rejected from RR2 tournaments running the IRL meta. So when building in the IRL meta, think about how they would be like if they were in real life. There's a handy guide here:  https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide/ I know it for Robot Arena 2, but you can easily transfer building tips to RR2.

Also, please used the attachment system, this tutorial should help: https://gametechmods.com/forums/site-news-and-feedback/how-to-use-insert-attachment/

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »
Non-functional isn't for tournaments anyway. It was my third bot, the only thing I use it in is my own battles.

Offline Dadddjent

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • LORDSLUDGE
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: lordsludge
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2019, 02:38:29 AM »
Do you see any real life combat robots having their drive motors outside of the chassis? No you don't.

In the overall IRL meta, you're supposed to build your bots as what you expect to see in real life competitions such as Battlebots and Robot Wars. Likewise when building these sort of bots in RR2, the rules of realism come into play. Having motors outside of the chassis without any proper support will not acceptable due to a. the motors falling off and dragging along the ground, b. your bot would be disqualify for exposed wiring, and c. floating motors are not possible in IRL. As a result, your bot will not be classed as realistic, and would be rejected from RR2 tournaments running the IRL meta. So when building in the IRL meta, think about how they would be like if they were in real life. There's a handy guide here:  https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide/ I know it for Robot Arena 2, but you can easily transfer building tips to RR2.

Also, please used the attachment system, this tutorial should help: https://gametechmods.com/forums/site-news-and-feedback/how-to-use-insert-attachment/

actually, look at battlebots shaft or that bitty bot from robot wars. theres plenty of bots with their drive motors out
LORDSLUDGE

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2019, 03:12:40 AM »

actually, look at battlebots shaft or that bitty bot from robot wars. theres plenty of bots with their drive motors out
Even though those bots have their drive motors exposed, at least that they have visible support under, or around the motors. In shafts case, the motors looks like they are slightly inserted into the main chassis. In Team Lighting's case, the motors of his bot were inserted away from the chassis itself than looking like it's intersecting with the chassis, giving the impression of the motors just floating in mid-air, than being supported like in real life. To your correction, you are allowed to have motors outside of the chassis, but there must be some-kind of visible support for the motors.

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2019, 06:37:47 AM »
If you download it, you’ll notice that the ampflow f motors are attached to the bottom plate of the chassis. They are attached, you can’t tell from the angle in the picture.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:17:27 PM by Team Lightning »

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »
My Deep Six-like bot, Failure (unpainted)

Robot Rumble 2.0 12_4_2019 2_24_55 PM.png

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2019, 02:41:22 PM »
How well does it perform?
"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2019, 03:24:05 PM »
It performs really well, it hits hard, and it has a spin up time of about 5 seconds. You can download it to try it out.

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 06:09:28 PM »
FYI the motor I used for Failure’s weapon is an ampflow a motor.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2019, 06:56:50 PM »
Is that support present only on one side?

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2019, 07:45:33 PM »
Yes, I wanted to test it and never got around to the other one

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2019, 07:48:37 PM »
I have another bot I made that I haven’t posted pictures of it yet, its name is Takedown and it is an electric reverse flipper.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:58:56 PM by Team Lightning »

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 07:45:27 AM »
Aye, you are aware that you can post more than one sentence in a post, right? I ain't trying to disrespect you or nothing, but I think everyone would be a bit happier if you could fit all of the information into one post. Also, I'd recommend that you post finished designs only, unless you're asking for help with something you're stuck on.
Accomplishments:

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2019, 07:48:51 AM »
Aye, you are aware that you can post more than one sentence in a post, right? I ain't trying to disrespect you or nothing, but I think everyone would be a bit happier if you could fit all of the information into one post. Also, I'd recommend that you post finished designs only, unless you're asking for help with something you're stuck on.
Agreed. I told you this before, Lightning. Also please don't say "I've made a bot but I haven't posted it" as that wastes your own time and ours too. Please think sensibly. Thank you!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »
What I meant was that I didn’t have pictures of it.

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2019, 02:14:53 PM »
My electric reverse flipper, Takedown

Robot Rumble 2.0 12_6_2019 2_11_26 PM.png

Robot Rumble 2.0 12_6_2019 2_11_34 PM.png

Robot Rumble 2.0 12_6_2019 2_11_52 PM.png

AI version:
Normal version (no AI):

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2019, 02:23:58 PM »
Thank you, mate. Much better post this time around. It might help to add a little bit more detail to your designs tho. I’m not saying that you have to add color, but that doesn’t mean you cant make it look original.
Accomplishments: