Author Topic: Post Your RR2 Bots  (Read 42817 times)

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
Re: Post Your RR2 Bots
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2019, 01:05:35 PM »
I have a bug where every bot I've built in the current build is immune to elimination by pits and ring-outs, so I don't know if she'd be allowed. D:
This has been a bug that effects every single robot since the August06 patch.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows of it.  It shouldn't affect your ability to get in.

Otherwise, I love the disc.  I need to learn how to make hollow things like that.
I have several opinions.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2019, 01:15:55 PM »
I have a bug where every bot I've built in the current build is immune to elimination by pits and ring-outs, so I don't know if she'd be allowed. D:
This has been a bug that effects every single robot since the August06 patch.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows of it.  It shouldn't affect your ability to get in.

Otherwise, I love the disc.  I need to learn how to make hollow things like that.
Yeah if a bot gets pitted, it is considered pitted, its a game bug so dont worry about it

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2019, 01:16:26 PM »

I do it by building them in segments, using shapes I draw far bigger to get a smoother curve.

Stuff I Done Competed In:

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2019, 05:00:58 PM »
I've finally built a bot I'm happy with that isn't immune to damage on the placeholder model. I really want to enter her in parsec tournaments or something, but I have a bug where every bot I've built in the current build is immune to elimination by pits and ring-outs, so I don't know if she'd be allowed. D:

Whoa... that's amazing! Good idea for how to build hollow discs, I should definitely try that sometime.
My DSL Showcase

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2019, 06:26:27 PM »
While I've started the subject of custom spinners like this - here's the tool I use to get such smooth circles, in case anyone needs such a thing.

https://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »

Yeah if a bot gets pitted, it is considered pitted, its a game bug so dont worry about it

kix and CyarSkirata, I'm taking a looksee at the pit surface and robots not getting pitted now.  I'll let you guys know what I find soon...

EDIT: ... and bugs have been found!!!  It turns out that there was some weirdness (kix pointed this out first) right before one of the builds that caused the floors to be assigned the rubber material, except for the pit surface, which was still steel.   I'm still looking into why the OOTA is not registering for the pit.

EDIT #2: ...the pit OOTA bug has been found and squashed for both BotLab and remade robots.  Apparently this bug has been there for a LONG time, ever since we changed over to the new structure for BotLab robots.

I'll try to get the bugs fixed and updated in a new bleeding edge build by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:33:48 PM by cjbruce »

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »
Posting this here so more people see it

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »
Posting this here so more people see it
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice drisc, and that looks like a solid spinner-killing wedge. Pretty too. :)

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2019, 08:44:06 AM »
One of my buddies has built a couple of bots too, and keeps asking me about what I think of the designs, so now I'm curious what any of you guys think.

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2019, 12:05:15 AM »
I'm curious, would tournaments typically allow multiple bots that only differ in one respect - say, a weapon - to enter as a single robot with an interchangeable part?

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2019, 02:02:45 PM »
They do in DSL-IRL, so I don't see why they wouldn't in RR2. There's generally a limit as to how many interchangeable versions you can have, though.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Volcore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2019, 04:31:47 PM »
I'm trying to build a saw robot, however, I'm encountering a strange phenomena when trying to attach a weapon to a weapon motor attached to an arm, hopefully this image helps illustrate it, but if I try spinning the actual saw, the blade starts spinning at a weird rpm, in this case ~95k, and the energy stays constant at ~150J, this essentially means the blade "jitters" between 2 positions and doesn't actually spin fully 360 degrees. Also, if I try to move the robot at all, the blade starts flying around the weapon motor. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to remedy this? In this case, my weapon spinner is the 4th one.

Additionally, is there any way to connect something to 2 motors?

Screenshot (30).png

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2019, 06:22:16 AM »
I'm trying to build a saw robot, however, I'm encountering a strange phenomena when trying to attach a weapon to a weapon motor attached to an arm, hopefully this image helps illustrate it, but if I try spinning the actual saw, the blade starts spinning at a weird rpm, in this case ~95k, and the energy stays constant at ~150J, this essentially means the blade "jitters" between 2 positions and doesn't actually spin fully 360 degrees. Also, if I try to move the robot at all, the blade starts flying around the weapon motor. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to remedy this? In this case, my weapon spinner is the 4th one.

Additionally, is there any way to connect something to 2 motors?

(Image removed from quote.)
Yeah it doesnt really work atm

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
I built a new bot. :)

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2019, 10:46:22 PM »
It's easy to forget just how big Panic Attack is. I'm building this rep to the dimensions listed on the wiki, that's 1m 36cm long of robot.
EDIT: I have just remembered that those dimensions are for the last TV appearance, where it had the rear skirt, so I do need to do some speculation to get closer to the pre-series 7 version, but still. Big robot.

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2019, 05:49:02 AM »
Okay, now I have a true scale series 5 style Panic Attack. Albeit without the decorative stuff because I already don't see myself being able to do the paint job as the game stands, so I've gone for a purely functional rep.

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2019, 06:43:47 AM »
Okay, now I have a true scale series 5 style Panic Attack. Albeit without the decorative stuff because I already don't see myself being able to do the paint job as the game stands, so I've gone for a purely functional rep.

beautiful
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2019, 10:51:19 AM »

You should honestly make your own showcase. The stuff you’ve been doing is crazy.
Accomplishments:

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »
You should honestly make your own showcase. The stuff you’ve been doing is crazy.

You really think so? I mean, I've seen your bots, and some of those look pretty insane to me.
How would I go about that? I'm new to the site and not exactly the best at computers.

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2019, 06:50:58 PM »

You really think so? I mean, I've seen your bots, and some of those look pretty insane to me.
How would I go about that? I'm new to the site and not exactly the best at computers.
Yes I do think so! You should definitely show off some of the bots that are in your videos. As to how to make your own showcase, just click on the showcase area, then select new topic.
Accomplishments: