Author Topic: Post Your RR2 Bots  (Read 42849 times)

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Post Your RR2 Bots
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2019, 07:53:21 AM »
It's the same thickness and same length but a width more in line with a bar spinner which unless I misunderstood you a bar spinner has more drag than a disc spinner of same length?

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2019, 08:06:37 AM »
So I found something interesting I took a version with big disc of shark bite(last bot posted) kept all stars ths same except used stretch to keep it 18 long but made it only 1 wide to create a bar in a sense that's slightly rounded and added weight back to get it as close to same weight as I could spins at the same rpm and tip speed but gained around 50 thousand joules of energy doesn't make sense and seems contradictory to what we were talking about above

Although shape affects air drag in only a very limited way as described above (aspect ratio and blade thickness), shapes have a huge effect on moment of inertia.

In general, if you have two spinners of the same radius and mass, the one with the mass farther out has the higher moment of inertia.  The is why figure skaters pull in their arms to reduce their moment of inertia.

The higher the moment of inertia, the more angular momentum (the thing that causes impulse) and the higher the kinetic energy (the thing that causes damage).  The ideal spinner weapon shape would be an extremely dense point attached via a massless string.  All of the the mass concentrated as far as possible from the axis.

Maybe this is the effect you saw?

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2019, 08:09:01 AM »
It's the same thickness and same length but a width more in line with a bar spinner which unless I misunderstood you a bar spinner has more drag than a disc spinner of same length?

Correct!

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2019, 08:13:18 AM »
That makes sense and I did make sure to account for that as much as I could i kept the cylinder I used for center disc/bar weighing as close as I could to the same and the 2 teeth exact same size and weight

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2019, 08:13:32 AM »
One more thing affects spinner speed:

If the spinner is unbalanced, it will spin substantially slower.  I built a robot with two spinners on identical motors.  One spinner was centered on its axle, while the other was 1 cm off-center.  The off center one spun several hundred RPM slower, but had 1 cm greater reach and slightly better bite.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:40:31 AM by cjbruce »

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2019, 08:25:51 AM »
I've definitely noticed that this build is exact same rpm and tip speed this does bring up the thought itd be really nice if there was a mirror feature somehow to help line up drive or teeth on weapons and all

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Buggy Bots
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2019, 07:28:17 PM »
The bot files for three bots I mentioned on the itch.io page, for investigation.
Stuff I Done Competed In:

Offline Oglington Rinseworthy

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »
Here is another replica, this time of Chaos 2. Sadly unable to do the lettering yet. One of these days i'll actually finish an Original build.
chaos 2 1.png

chaos 2 2.png

Offline KidDelta

• Treasure Sniper
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • "To Comfort the Disturbed, and Disturb the Comfort
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: X Æ A-12#8572
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »
Holy Damn
I shouldn't have come here

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2019, 06:12:27 AM »
I can't find the rr2 bot files. I'm using Windows and there's no RR2 folder in the Programms Directory. Can anyone help me?

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »

C:\Users\Tim\AppData\LocalLow\Nerd Island Studios LLC\Robot Rumble 2.0

Replace Tim with your user name to get there

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2019, 06:08:52 AM »

C:\Users\Tim\AppData\LocalLow\Nerd Island Studios LLC\Robot Rumble 2.0

Replace Tim with your user name to get there
Thank you :mrgreen:

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2019, 10:33:34 AM »
Finally I managed an original bot that i'm somewhat happy with... naming however is difficult, currently with a placeholder name of "Jeff". it'll do for now.
jeff.png

jeff 2.png

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2019, 12:24:10 PM »
Finally I managed an original bot that i'm somewhat happy with... naming however is difficult, currently with a placeholder name of "Jeff". it'll do for now.  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]    [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

This looks great
Things I did & done

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »
Great bot! The only thing, I don't like about it are those "round" sides

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2019, 01:00:47 PM »

When you say "round sides" do you mean the wheel guards? cos I was struggling trying to figure out the best way to add some wheel protection that didn't look weird with the chassis shape. that was the best i could come up with. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks for the feedback :D

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »

When you say "round sides" do you mean the wheel guards? cos I was struggling trying to figure out the best way to add some wheel protection that didn't look weird with the chassis shape. that was the best i could come up with. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks for the feedback :D
I mean those side chasis bits. Maybe it's just me, but in my opinion this Looks a bit weird. Just a small minor thing. 
jeff.png

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »

I mean those side chasis bits. Maybe it's just me, but in my opinion this Looks a bit weird. Just a small minor thing.   [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
oh those aren't round, they are angular i think that's the lighting. i'll definitely look into tidying it up though. The drive needs a improving too.

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2019, 06:17:52 AM »

I mean those side chasis bits. Maybe it's just me, but in my opinion this Looks a bit weird. Just a small minor thing.   [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
oh those aren't round, they are angular i think that's the lighting. i'll definitely look into tidying it up though. The drive needs a improving too.
Ah ok. great bot!

Offline CyarSkirata

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
I've finally built a bot I'm happy with that isn't immune to damage on the placeholder model. I really want to enter her in parsec tournaments or something, but I have a bug where every bot I've built in the current build is immune to elimination by pits and ring-outs, so I don't know if she'd be allowed. D:

Stuff I Done Competed In: