Author Topic: Post Your RR2 Bots  (Read 42860 times)

Offline Oglington Rinseworthy

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Post Your RR2 Bots
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2019, 11:26:51 AM »
That's amazing for your very first post here. I hope we can look forward to many more builds from you!

I have nearly completed Magnetar which I should have finished later on tonight. Thank you for the kind words  :bigsmile:

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
This is my repro of Magnetar, which seems to cause the game to crash after fights, possibly due to the high part count. 
magnetar 1.png

magnetar 2.png

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2019, 04:08:00 PM »
This is my repro of Magnetar, which seems to cause the game to crash after fights, possibly due to the high part count.   [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]    [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
Niiiiice. Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:34:11 AM by F1Krazy »
My DSL Showcase

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2019, 07:11:28 AM »
This is my repro of Magnetar, which seems to cause the game to crash after fights, possibly due to the high part count.

Drat. 

Friendly neighborhood RR2 dev here. 

First off, that is a beautiful replica!

Second, would you mind sending me the .RR2Bot file?  I would like to take a look to see what is causing the crash.

Can you tell me exactly what seems to trigger the crash?  i.e. Which arena are you using?  Does it crash in the BotLab?  What button did you press immediately before the crash?

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2019, 07:57:05 AM »

Drat. 

Second, would you mind sending me the .RR2Bot file?  I would like to take a look to see what is causing the crash.

Can you tell me exactly what seems to trigger the crash?  i.e. Which arena are you using?  Does it crash in the BotLab?  What button did you press immediately before the crash?

yeah i can send you the bot file, what would be best to send it via?

it crashes after fights. After each battle the loading times get longer each time and the weapon audio doesn't stop between fights causing it to layer. eventually it will just stop responding. I am using the Test Arena.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »
This is my repro of Magnetar, which seems to cause the game to crash after fights, possibly due to the high part count.   [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]    [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
Dude you should totally enter my rr2 tournament
...which i still cant host, because the drive is non functional...  Wish we can have the 2.01 driving back

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »
Dude you should totally enter my rr2 tournament
...which i still cant host, because the drive is non functional...  Wish we can have the 2.01 driving back

Working on it!!! :)

PS - Friction coefficient is fixed.  2WD robots should drive now.  I'm working on spinner blur visuals now.  I should have an update out tomorrow.

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2019, 04:01:58 PM »

Drat. 

it crashes after fights. After each battle the loading times get longer each time and the weapon audio doesn't stop between fights causing it to layer. eventually it will just stop responding. I am using the Test Arena.

Can you post attachments via the "Attachments and other options" button at the bottom of the screen?  If not, send me a PM.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2019, 06:40:17 AM »
I'm not as good as y'all but seen an aw bot like this and thought itd be a fun pseudo rep.

Untitled.jpg
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:29:21 AM by Hoppin »

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2019, 07:19:32 AM »
Is it weird that i watched the build diary of that guy building that AW few hours ago?

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2019, 07:42:00 AM »

Drat. 

Can you post attachments via the "Attachments and other options" button at the bottom of the screen?  If not, send me a PM.

Here is the Bot file for you.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2019, 08:37:33 AM »
Some work on Speed Demon for the new update. Still dipping my toe so not really done anything too crazy or new, mostly still just replicating my RA2 bots, but I'm pretty happy with this one now. My focus here was on bite and launching the opponent more than it is on pure KE, and it seems to work well. Tip speed is only ~120mph which is nothing compared to what some other people have been doing, but the spinup speed is decent, the weapon has a fair bit of weight behind it, and the amount of bite it gets is fantastic. Really launches stuff on impact. Also added the martini stripes that were missing in the previous version too.

Speed Demon RR2.png
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2019, 10:12:01 AM »
My focus here was on bite and launching the opponent more than it is on pure KE, and it seems to work well. Tip speed is only ~120mph which is nothing compared to what some other people have been doing, but the spinup speed is decent, the weapon has a fair bit of weight behind it, and the amount of bite it gets is fantastic. Really launches stuff on impact. Also added the martini stripes that were missing in the previous version too.

I really like where you are going with this.  I tried to keep bite, impulse, and energy numbers as grounded in reality as possible.  I had no idea how this would actually play out when people started building spinners for things other than just direct damage.

How many millimeters of bite are you seeing when you race across the test cage at full speed?

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
My focus here was on bite and launching the opponent more than it is on pure KE, and it seems to work well. Tip speed is only ~120mph which is nothing compared to what some other people have been doing, but the spinup speed is decent, the weapon has a fair bit of weight behind it, and the amount of bite it gets is fantastic. Really launches stuff on impact. Also added the martini stripes that were missing in the previous version too.

I really like where you are going with this.  I tried to keep bite, impulse, and energy numbers as grounded in reality as possible.  I had no idea how this would actually play out when people started building spinners for things other than just direct damage.

How many millimeters of bite are you seeing when you race across the test cage at full speed?
I'm getting around 21mm of bite at full speed which from speaking to other folks seems to be on the higher end (Hop was getting around 13ish on one of his bots I believe, but he had higher KE). I think deciding whether to prioritise KE or bite is gonna make for some really interesting spinner vs spinner fights in future so I'm all for it!

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2019, 10:25:04 AM »
@kix I watched the build diary yesterday that's what got me intrigued at the weird design.

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2019, 03:06:26 PM »
Just saw it!  Very interesting...

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2019, 03:14:15 PM »

I'm getting around 21mm of bite at full speed which from speaking to other folks seems to be on the higher end (Hop was getting around 13ish on one of his bots I believe, but he had higher KE). I think deciding whether to prioritise KE or bite is gonna make for some really interesting spinner vs spinner fights in future so I'm all for it!
I think Absolute Zero and Spitfire both have zero bite when stationary, it goes up when they're moving though. I'm hesitant to make the teeth larger because right now they look very elegant IMO - don't take this the wrong way, Robo, but those giant square teeth on Speed Demon aren't the most pleasing things to look at, effective though they might be.
My DSL Showcase

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2019, 03:19:24 PM »
Yup!  Bite is zero if you aren’t moving, and increases with forward movement speed.

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
Right now the bite calculation assumes:
1. Two impactors spinning at whatever RPM.  Faster spin = less bite.  More impactors = less bite.
2. Impactor teeth are assumed to be infinitely deep.
3. Actual tooth shape doesn’t matter.  The model assumes that the teeth edges are aligned radially.

Bite is used in only one way.  Bite is one of two factors (the other is impact angle) to determine whether or not a “good hit” happens.  More bite = higher chance of a good hit, rather than the weapon just skittering harmlessly off the surface of the opponent.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »

I think Absolute Zero and Spitfire both have zero bite when stationary, it goes up when they're moving though. I'm hesitant to make the teeth larger because right now they look very elegant IMO - don't take this the wrong way, Robo, but those giant square teeth on Speed Demon aren't the most pleasing things to look at, effective though they might be.
Yeah IK. I've been struggling to do anything more elaborate with teeth though since you can't actually seem to place stuff directly opposite each other on the cylinder component. I'll probably have a toy around with using wedge components for the teeth rather than just straight blocks at some point