Author Topic: Post Your RR2 Bots  (Read 42810 times)

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Post Your RR2 Bots
« Reply #200 on: August 06, 2019, 09:21:14 PM »

underbite.jpg

underbite bite depth.jpg
tu  Here is my latest design works surprisingly well considering the teeth shouldn't have much bite.

It gets around 100mm bite when it hits something and the 30mm was just a quick spurt of gas as it turns a little from the force of the massive weapon.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 05:31:03 AM by KingofKings696 »

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2019, 03:54:48 AM »
Dude learn how to use image attachment system

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2019, 04:19:06 AM »
I am having to upload all my pictures from phone and I'm using the attachments and other options at the bottom. If there is a better way please enlighten me as it annoys me as well.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2019, 04:38:35 AM »
I am having to upload all my pictures from phone and I'm using the attachments and other options at the bottom. If there is a better way please enlighten me as it annoys me as well.
You need to hit the "insert attachement" button next to the place where you select the file
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2019, 05:28:54 AM »
Oh wow I missed that thank you

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2019, 06:07:21 AM »
tu  Here is my latest design works surprisingly well considering the teeth shouldn't have much bite.

It gets around 100mm bite when it hits something and the 30mm was just a quick spurt of gas as it turns a little from the force of the massive weapon.

Nice!

I might do a little nerfing for spinners like this.  Any time a spinner takes up more than 25-30% of the mass of the robot in real life, the robot tends to become an uncontrollable mess.

A robot that is 65% weapon should be completely uncontrollable when the weapon is moving.  Let me think about this for a bit...

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2019, 06:08:12 AM »
Oh wow I missed that thank you

No worries!  I've been posting consistently for two years and just figured out how to do this a few months ago.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2019, 08:02:05 AM »
Yeah I agree only issue with nerfing spinners based on weight would be shell spinners and the like might get killed by such a nerf. But I do agree massive spinners like this are most likely not going to work well irl

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2019, 08:19:21 AM »
A robot that is 65% weapon should be completely uncontrollable when the weapon is moving.  Let me think about this for a bit...
A robot that is 65% weapon will also have armour made out of cardboard. I don't think much nerfing is necessary; once we start doing tournaments, people will work out for themselves how hopelessly impractical those kinds of weapons are and the "who can make the biggest Deep Six clone" contest should cease.
My DSL Showcase

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
A robot that is 65% weapon will also have armour made out of cardboard. I don't think much nerfing is necessary; once we start doing tournaments, people will work out for themselves how hopelessly impractical those kinds of weapons are and the "who can make the biggest Deep Six clone" contest should cease.
I'm not so sure in the current version of the game. Speed Demon has a 50kg weapon which is pretty unrealistic for a vert of its style, and it has pretty strong armour, a srimech and pretty beefy anti-spinner weapon supports.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »
I think you'd be surprised at how much armor you can stuff on a bot like my big horizontal spinner or a deep 6 bot as chassis is so small that armor adds a lot less weight per mm

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »
I'm not so sure in the current version of the game. Speed Demon has a 50kg weapon which is pretty unrealistic for a vert of its style, and it has pretty strong armour, a srimech and pretty beefy anti-spinner weapon supports.

My 83kg bar spinner controls just fine.
Things I did & done

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2019, 11:33:17 AM »

My 83kg bar spinner controls just fine.

I might be able to make things more realistic by simply adjusting the amount of mass reduction that occurs at high speed.  The mass reduction is there in the first place because physics becomes unstable without it.  Perhaps some instability is good?  Dunno.  I’ll have to tweak things to find out.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2019, 11:48:15 PM »

Shark bite stats.jpg

Shark bite stats.jpg

Here is my latest build couldn't figure out how I wanted to buy up drive motor covers to make it look more realistic while keeping streamline look and wanted to round front to give a more shark type look but my creativity ran out and I'll have to figure that out later also on Aug 6 build works fine but bar doesn't bite like I'd hope and in the newer bleed build forgeg what cjbruce called it if drives really slow and doesn't turn very well I assume it's a side effect of the gyroscopic effects change.

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: August 09, 2019, 07:02:14 AM »
Any difference you see should be a result of nerfing the spinner mass reduction.  I’m not sure if this is the right approach to take to limit the effectiveness of super-heavy spinners. 

I would be happy to hear your thoughts!

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: August 09, 2019, 07:55:21 AM »
From what I can tell it's not severely impacting my bots with heavy weapons it's really only making them harder to drive and giving me small annoyances this last 1 more so then the rest as it took a bot that was nimble when tested in aug6 build and made it slower and turn poorly left but right it can snap around like it should which I'm guessing is the gyroscopic effect being increased with the bleeding edge build.

Also out of curiosity does the aerodynamics of aay a blade have an effect? I ask as I feel my big disc type robots feel like they do better then bars?

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: August 09, 2019, 05:33:55 PM »
From what I can tell it's not severely impacting my bots with heavy weapons it's really only making them harder to drive and giving me small annoyances this last 1 more so then the rest as it took a bot that was nimble when tested in aug6 build and made it slower and turn poorly left but right it can snap around like it should which I'm guessing is the gyroscopic effect being increased with the bleeding edge build.

Also out of curiosity does the aerodynamics of aay a blade have an effect? I ask as I feel my big disc type robots feel like they do better then bars?

Ooo!  Good noticing!

In general, a big disc will have significantly less air drag than a bar with a the same radius.  All I did to compute this was to subtract the smaller radius from the larger radius.  The result is the length exposed to the air.  Its a simple approximation, but it is something.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2019, 06:53:16 PM »
On that same note would a thinner disc or bar at the same length have less drag aswell? And would blade shape have any effect such as creating lift or down force depending on shape?

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2019, 10:31:40 PM »
So I found something interesting I took a version with big disc of shark bite(last bot posted) kept all stars ths same except used stretch to keep it 18 long but made it only 1 wide to create a bar in a sense that's slightly rounded and added weight back to get it as close to same weight as I could spins at the same rpm and tip speed but gained around 50 thousand joules of energy doesn't make sense and seems contradictory to what we were talking about above

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2019, 07:46:12 AM »
On that same note would a thinner disc or bar at the same length have less drag aswell? And would blade shape have any effect such as creating lift or down force depending on shape?

Thinner = less air drag

I don’t do anything with blade shape, other than the aspect ratio mentioned above.