Robot Rumble 2.0 > Showcases

Mystic's RR2 bots

(1/3) > >>

Mystic2000:
sup nerds

tried to make a compact drum spinner with the E-Tek since ampflows are really meh for spinner, here is Dr Decimation

this seems to work decently, weapon's pretty powerful, it kinda has trouble driving inverted tho despite the top ears

weapon stats:
3500 RPM
11KJ
26kg
96mph tip speed
spins up to full speed in around 2 seconds

Gulden:
Takes screenshot with greenscreen.
Doesn't Crop it.

In all seriousness though, I can't really see most of the bot due to the shading.  The drum shape seems awkward too.  I recommend using 2 half-cylinders. 

Mystic2000:
the octagon drum actually works decently, i just had trouble making a proper circular drum out of one piece so i did a octagon drum instead

made a very similar design with an eggbeater, but here the weapon supports and angled sides are entirely out of shapes, i don't know how resistant it'll be compared to a full chassis setup, but the eggbeater weapon seems to work better due to better engagement

Mystic2000:
made a motor-on-top shell spinner cause that's the only way to have a shell that is relatively short in height, stores around 40KJ, shell's around 50-55kg, self-right's about as unreliable as you'd think

still need to figure out what to make for an actual comp, i could bring Dr.Decimation or Hummingbird but i kinda wanna try a bigger diameter vert

Mystic2000:

tried making a overhead spinner like MegatRON, but it led to results that are quite dissapointing, despite the E-tek, the spinner barely ever spins (50 RPM), but where it gets interesting, is after firing the "arm" a few times, the spinner starts glitching and it's RPM flashes from 0 to 30k RPM very rapidly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version