Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
DSL TC Showcases / Re: Lilly's Bedroom Robotics: DSL
« Last post by Lilleh__ on January 06, 2024, 04:50:04 PM »
Made some changes to Chu2.  Upgraded the drive to dual mags, but this has required me to drop the burst to a VDMA front-hinge and make the armour less durable to fit it in the MW limit.  Also added some skinning to the front and sides to make it hopefully grab ppl's attention more, and hopefully when I test the wedge to see how good it is, it will no longer be useless for getting under anything.

chu2 2024.png
Tournament Archives / Re: Team RA2tress
« Last post by botbuster on January 06, 2024, 07:10:25 AM »
Here's the intro as a sneak peak:
Tournament Archives / Re: The Island [SBV]
« Last post by 8bean on January 05, 2024, 11:25:47 PM »
DSL TC Showcases / Re: WeN make robots
« Last post by WeN on January 05, 2024, 09:59:20 PM »
My trashes :gunz:

Warning.png

Mint Royale.png
DSL TC Showcases / Re: Lilly's Bedroom Robotics: DSL
« Last post by Lilleh__ on January 05, 2024, 03:12:39 PM »
Here's my new robot for team RA2tress, Photon Melodies, which I also hoped I'd be able to get ready in time for wen's tracked tournament, which is why it has tracks.  For this one I tried decreasing the amount of BFE I used, its too early for me to say if this is the start of me slowly phasing out BFE from my builds or just the start of a decrease in how much I use it.  As for the robot's looks, I'm very happy w/ how it looks, feeling confident that it can be highly rated by the community and hoping that I'll feel such confidence when building stuff throughout the year.  Had a few inconsistent results in testing how good its wedge is and the body is fragile, but its agile and drives beautifully, aswell as having a very powerful flipper.

photon melodies.png

After making the splash I changed the white bits on the sides to black due to some feedback I received.

black sides.png
DSL TC Showcases / Re: TheRoboteer's Hit or Miss DSL Showcase
« Last post by TheRoboteer on January 05, 2024, 12:48:24 PM »
And here is the aforementioned bot for Botbuster's team tournament...

Pretty damn happy with it in terms of both visuals and performance, though it remains to be seen how it will do in actual tournament combat rather than just testing.

I've included some shots of it in the arena because I think the splash makes it look oddly tall for some reason, which it definitely isn't as can be seen from the arena shots. Hoping it does well.

Hamartia Ext.png

Hamartia Arena 1.png

Hamartia Arena 2.png
Modifications / Re: IRL Components - Pack Four Discussion
« Last post by helloface on January 04, 2024, 04:43:01 PM »
links are kill
Robot Rumble 2.0 / Re: Robot Rumble 2.0 - Robot Combat Simulator - Under Development
« Last post by Gulden on January 03, 2024, 03:31:42 PM »
Only been half a year.

[Added] Goose MAD TORQ brushless motor, as a slightly smaller outrunner compared to the PP
[Added] Added the spinner impulse slider back. Yall wanted to engage in more dumb hits.
[Added] Options to adjust Rotation, Movement Tracking, and Zoom for Cameras.
[Added] Option to disable Immobility Countouts.
[Added] Option to hide Timer in matches.
[Added] Ability to change countdown and timeout text and sounds.
[Added] New animation trigger that is triggered when the countdown starts. (Intro sequences, anyone?)
[Added] New utility script that allows a GameObject to track a players bot position. If the player slot is empty, the GameObject will disable.
[Added] New utility script that allows a GameObject to rotate to face a players bot. If the player slot is empty, the GameObject will disable.
[Added] New utility scripts that allows a GameObject to track and/or face the midpoint between all bots.
[Added] New sound triggers for Timer, Zone, and Countdown. Now you can have custom sounds play whenever, wherever! (Pit button release klaxon. mayhaps)
[Added] Centre of Mass indicator in BotLab, accesible from the sliding options menu.
[Added] Added functionality to increase the directnesOfHit with high bite distance and increase the impact angle, this makes run-up hits much more satisfying
[Added] Telemetry now highlights red when: a motor current more then the continous current is drawn, when a motors max rpm is exceeded and when it overheats!
[Added] Added a blow out effect on gas tanks when they are hit
[Added] Small boi flamethrower for beetles
[Added] Tungsten Carbide material! Tungsten carbides in a Cobalt matrix to be very exact: super heavy, super hard, super brittle!
[Added] Magnesium Alloy! Not entirly the stuff that wants to explode in water: its like lightweight Aluminium, but a little less strong.
[Added] S7 Steel! The famed, the infamous, the wanted, the controversial: Hardened till 54 Rockwell C, as holied by Ray Billings: harder then AR/Hardox, but more brittle.
[Added] TPU! the new surge in lower weightclasses: 3D printed TPU 95A, very flexible and wear resistant, minorly grippy.
[Added] Carbonfiber Nylon/NylonX! Some call it black aluminium...! Perhaps in toughness, but the strongest plastic available!
[Added] Polyurethane Rubber! For those who like casting their own tires! Extremely grippy, but slightly less reliable as classic rubber!
[Added] PLA! The absolute giant of 3D printing, a surprisingly high tensile strength... but we know what happens when it is hit...
[Added] Different looks for each material, if peoples have opinions about these please let me know!
[Added] BroccSC 200A HV! this boi going up to 50v
[Added] Nine new PrimalPower outrunners! Ranging from 370W to 3770W they provide allot of spin for Beetles, Feathers and anything in between!

[Change] Twitter icon to X (blegh)
[Change] Enabled incremental garbage collection, which spreads garbage collection accross several frames, reducing frame spikes
[Change] Nerfed the 300A brushless ESC to 500A peak, its 1000A limit made the Veggmaster obsolute
[Change] Moved Countouts Visible option to Battle Select Screen instead of Settings.
[Change] Match Time, Timer Visibility, Countouts Active, and Countout Visibility now save their state between sessions.
[Change] Complete rewrite of Camera Controller.
[Change] Trigger Zones can now have a delay before they become triggerable.
[Change] Made the Press Start to Begin "button" fit in with the rest of the battle UI.
[Change] Tweaked some logic to improve bite for overhang/exposed weapons
[Change] Sligthly increased the bite of the losing weapon in a spinner to spinner collisions to improve horizontal vs vertical hits
[Change] Blueprint material is now a physicial material that welds and has collisions. its as strong as cardboard and as heavy as aluminium
[Change] Reworked ALL motor smoke particle systems to be less obnoxious, glitchy and more subtle and make them derive from one source
[Change] Reworked ALL ESC and CO particle systems to be less obnoxious, glitchy and more subtle and make them derive from one source
[Change] Reworked ALL Battery particle systems to be less obnoxious, glitchy and more subtle and make them derive from one source
[Change] Changed all component particle systems to the new versions (this was so much more work then expected lmao)
[Change] Reworked the spark effects from spinners to let sparks fly faster and further, makes spinners look more impressive on glancing hits
[Change] Renamed several materials to be more technically specific or more generic (Hardox is now AR500, Titanium is now Titanium Gr. 5, Steel is Mild Steel etc.)
[Change] Reordered the material list: low tier/weaker/lightweight materials working up to exotic/heavy/strong materials and ending with the "specials"
[Change] Minor changes to some material stats: in the back im adding more functionality for said stats, these will come slowly in play!
[Change] Once again a new take on the spinner system using unity's animation curves to tune bite which comes with benefits: very precise control of bite response and much faster to calculate then intricate calculations
[Change] Rebalanced bite with the new curve control: more grinding and less spasm at very low engagement speeds, much better bite for mid range bite and reach weapons, less likely haymakers
[Change] Spark effect speeds are now tied to weapon tip speed
[Change] Fixed stats on many BroccSC's since I had some wrong weights (several became a little lighter!)
[Change] Increased flat spinner impulse efficiency to reduce the amount of "slacking" hits, this should improve the bite balance between bars and discs as well
[Change] Reduced the maximum impulse cap to reduce the impulse of gigantic spinner impacts to 6 times the robot mass (was 7.5)
[Change] Tweaked some impulse modifiers to make better spinners impacts with the arena and glancing impacts

[Bugfix] Dual CAT x1020 collider is now correct
[Bugfix] The build text works again!
[Bugfix] Broken Parts now properly despawn in BotLab on Bot Reset or when leaving a Test Area.
[Bugfix] Weird jump when switching cameras.
[Bugfix] Black cylinders missing from left and right gears in Main Menu.
[Bugfix] Animation Trigger Zones and Timers not working in game.
[Bugfix] Arena Previews not loading in Arena Select screen.
[Bugfix] Fixed some impact reduction values being applied twice causing an excessive reduction of spinner impulse compared to the damage output
[Bugfix] Fixed another bug in spinner vs arena hits, now they are pretty good
[Bugfix] Fixed material names in spinner scripts so that correct spark effects are triggered

Downloads:
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bN687LIAppFK7KHjCDtUtrFudZixAVc8/view?usp=sharing
Linux: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18JSWxxjxZkcG1faKuVoB0Hak0FvDRP7_/view?usp=sharing
Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19hO59i5aOa7sknbbymzZMbEQvVmdzbrs/view?usp=sharing
Tournament Archives / Re: The Island [SBV]
« Last post by 8bean on January 02, 2024, 10:31:16 PM »
Tournament Archives / Re: Sakura Sunrise 2
« Last post by Lilleh__ on January 01, 2024, 07:30:27 AM »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10