DSL 2.6 IRL
Robot Wars 2016 Arena
HW (800kg)
48 bots in total
2 bots per person
Format is double elimination and the arena is the RW 2016 Arena

Splash: https://imgur.com/a/9sI8Gan
Bracket: https://challonge.com/yk4rmwor

DSL TC Showcases / Re: superbomb122's DSL Showcase (finally)
« Last post by superbomb122 on January 23, 2024, 08:20:44 PM »
So 3.5 years ago I made an awesome-looking crusher that never saw competition bc I couldn't fit the right amount of batteries to make it last 3 minutes. Today, I rebuilt it it from the ground up. Here's Dragon Khan Dynasty

2024-01-23 (2).png
Active Tournaments / Subway Savagery - RW2004 Tournament
« Last post by SagarisRA2 on January 23, 2024, 01:26:01 PM »
Time to get some proper use out of the RW2004 mod!

Inspired by playing a lot of Extreme Destruction as of late, I have taken one of the tournaments from the game, bringing it to RA2.

24 slots available (2 per person) in this 36 robot tournament as the other 12 robots will be Robot Wars All-Stars. How will you fair against the best of the best from the show? The robots entered will be robots that were in the Extreme Destruction game.

All rules are on the sheets, however I'll copy over the important information here too on how this is different to standard tournaments:

EXTENDERBOTS AREN'T ALLOWED, to match the RW2004 build style all robots must be chassis bots, whether it's in-game chassis or OBJ
Classic style entries only, if I feel the robot is too 'modern' then it will be rejected, if it's up for debate I'll ask the community to help decide
Most DSL 2.6 entries should also be compatible within the game so they can be built within that, however RW2004 has more components

Hopefully this tournament allows people to get creative with custom components and make amazing stuff out of the norm. See you there!

Rules and Entries:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-XCuM4SG9MKuhprL2aLbfzH80vgmDYOqh67IhkQuj3Y/edit?usp=sharing
DSL TC Showcases / Re: dootIRL
« Last post by botbuster on January 23, 2024, 06:14:30 AM »
very nice as always
DSL TC Showcases / dootIRL (Voltaic Wraith)
« Last post by doot on January 22, 2024, 05:59:40 PM »
Surprise! Yes, I'm still alive and kicking, and shockingly I've come back before the forums have had the chance to bitch at me for posting in my own thread. Though I've been catapulted into full-time apprenticeship work and job stuff, I still had some time to mess about with some ideas in my head. And fortunately for y'all, I've managed to cook something in my head and get it to fruition! Aaaaanyways, here you go.

Voltaic Wraith.png

This is Voltaic Wraith. A 'bot made through inspiration from a new machine the ORBY team made alongside notes of REALITY in there, Voltaic Wraith's a 4WD hubmotor VS with a negative wedge and ground game, basically like what Beta tried to do but actually somewhat effective this time around. I know not being a weg can hurt in RA2, but I'm just here to cook stuff up and hope for the best. And hey, it looks like it went pretty damn well, all things considered.

Now to scurry into the shadows for 8 more months...
Tournament Archives / Re: Botbuster's Epic RA2 Tournament 6
« Last post by botbuster on January 22, 2024, 01:22:17 PM »
this and ra2tress can be archived
Active Tournaments / Calamity Tournament 3(Signups Closed!)
« Last post by Kelimpel on January 22, 2024, 03:43:35 AM »

ct3.PNG

DSL 2.6
IRL MWs
(between 250.1kg and 400kg)
1 entry per person
updates can be sent after you've sent the bot
Rules:
Weapon Limits:
Spinners:
- VERTS: 2 large teeth (15-24kgs) ex: Large Typhoon, Ripping Teeth, Curved,Flat,Slashing teeth  OR 4 small teeth (7-14kgs) ex: Small Typhoons, Cutting Teeth, Heavy DS Teeth,Curved,Flat,Slashing teeth etc OR 8 Small/Medium/Large Beaters(extended variants count as their respective length)
- HORIZONTALS: 2 large teeth (15-24kgs) ex: Large Typhoon, Ripping Teeth,Curved,Flat,Slashing teeth etc OR 4 small teeth (7-14kgs) ex: Small Typhoons, Cutting Teeth, Heavy DS Teeth,Curved,Flat,Slashing teeth etc OR 8 Small/Medium/Large Beaters(extended variants count as their respective length)
- Minion discs and mechavore discs of both sizes are allowed
- Maximum allowed weapon weight of 80kgs for non-cosmetic damaging weapons allowed on a bot. This does NOT include your weapon setup (disks, extenders, etc).
- Use basic common sense if mixing weapons (ex: 4 small typhoons and 2 larges is not allowed)
----------------------
Axes/Hammers/Clamps:
-These robot types struggle as it is, therefore just don’t take the piss with them. (Example, 5 burst axe bot or sticking everything you can on one axe).
 -Only one axe/hammer weapon per bot
----------------------
Burst limits:
-Front/Rear hinge:
1 Beta Burst/Motor, 2 VDMA R/P Bursts/VDMA Front Hinged/Storm Burst/Mag Snappers
-------------------
cheatbot2:
- Overkill motors are allowed
---------------------------
Other:
- Damaging weapons on the front of rammers/wammers are banned. However, things like Nogoodnik’s spiked wheels are legal.
- Ant Blades are banned for all bot types.
- No EternalFlame.py or logic.
- No servos UNLESS you can AI it yourself then feel free to send me the servo bot with the AI(the same goes with overkills and geared betas or linear actuators)
- No meltybrains.
- No weapon spam or stacking.
-SnS are banned
-(please send the skinned components you use if you have skinned parts)

Format:
16 entries
DSL Tournament Arena
3 minute fights
Double Elimination

1)Punished Bullbot(botbuster)
2)Golden Ratio(NeonCalypso)
3)Mean Green(SamFM52)
4)Spectre(Pocket Jake)
5)CHU2(Koi_YTP)
6)Pulse AI2L(Dr Baconburger)
7)Big Disk Energy(TommyProductions)
8)Graig(mottmottthebot)
9)Ducky No no(JDG)
10)Ravnican Justice (ForceOfWill)
11)Tek-9(coolkid696969)
12)Bullet(smallsmallrose)
13)Colombian Turtle(MrMatthews)
14)Flip the Scales 3(Kelimpel)
15)Olympic(KJ)
16)Big Beaker(Divisionary_Delta)
Active Tournaments / CruiserFest
« Last post by WeN on January 21, 2024, 10:47:57 PM »

Logo.png

Chatterbox / Re: Infinite Teams
« Last post by 8bean on January 19, 2024, 10:52:29 PM »
Are you talking about teams you build bots in or AI teams?
Tournament Archives / Re: The Island [SBV]
« Last post by 8bean on January 19, 2024, 10:49:46 PM »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10