« Last post by botbuster on February 15, 2024, 09:01:13 AM »
This tournament has finished btw
Tournament Archives / Buster Wars 3
« Last post by botbuster on February 15, 2024, 08:56:37 AM »
DSL IRL 2.6
RW 2016 Arena
HW (800kg)
72 bots in total (60 plus 12 seeds)
Format is 12 heats of 6, following the Robot Wars Series 10 format (6 bots split into two rumbles where one bot from each rumble wins followed by redemptions, leading to the heat semi finals where one bot wins the heat to reach the semi finals).
The heat finalists are sent to two wildcards, consisting of 6 bots each who fight in 3-way rumbles except only 1 bot goes out of each and then followed by a round robin where 2 bots each come out on top
This leaves 16 bots split into two Semi Finals in a single-elim bracket for the winner.
3 bots per person, seeded entries don’t count towards the total. Although this could become 4 if signups are slow

Splash: https://imgur.com/a/E9LM92m
Heats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xg-gDLTOil5-gtpSBtgySOMNUHm3ipNdMvHCu6LnNN4/edit#gid=0

Entries: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TbQNPfwYTlO0QoVYqC9zP7AEIrXQJyVgYisXfoWw9zE/edit?usp=sharing
Active Tournaments / Sakura Sunrise 3
« Last post by Lilleh__ on February 14, 2024, 12:40:03 PM »

ss3 logo.png

Less than 2mths after SS2 ended, its time for a third season to start!

Competition format
MW, CW and HW:
24 MWs, 48 CWs, 48 HWS, w/ 4, 8 and 8 seeds respectively
Robots will be randomly drawn into groups of 3 (two seeds cannot be in the same group)
Each group will see three fights, w/ each robot fighting eachother once, at the end of the group, the top two will advance to the bracket and third place will be eliminated
The robot w/ the best record will win the group, while the robot w/ the worst will finish bottom
If at the end of the group, two or more robots are tied for W/L record there will be a playoff to determine who finishes above the other
In the first round of the bracket, each fight will be one group winner against a group runner-up
Two seeds 1-4 cannot be placed in the same quadrant of the bracket, same w/ seeds 5-8, two seeds cannot meet until the quarter-finals
The bracket will be single elimination
For weightclasses w/ 48 robots, there will be a 5-8th place rumble, and all three will have a third place playoff
AW, LW and SHW
12 of each weightclass, no seedings
First round will be a three way rumble, one robot wins each, losers go into redemption round
The bracket is single elimination from then onwards, rumble winners go straight into round 2 and will fight one of the redemption round winners

Battle rules
3 minute fights (1 minute for AWs)
Custom arena: the temple 2.1
I will be willing to take a fight up to 10 times in the event of a havok, crash or pin ending the fight.  If I’m unable to get a clean finish within 10 takes, the bot which caused the majority of the invalid finishes will lose the fight by DQ.
A havok ending a fight will be counted as one that either KOs a bot directly or causes the bot to be KO’d by its opponent (the opponent scores a KO hit that would not have happened at that exact point if it wasn’t for the havok), a havok or crash that is the result of a KO will not cause a restart
A bot will be deemed instantly KOd if OOTAd
If a bot loses all of its wheels or all of one of the following are floating: control board, batteries, drive motors, weapon motors, weapons, a 10 second count out will start
A bot will be counted out if it fails to show controlled movement for 30 seconds (i.e. spikeballing, failure to self-right, crabwalking but not closing the distance on its opponent).  Self-righting attempts from a position which the bot can self-right that are clearly interrupted by the opponent will not count towards the 30 seconds.
If a fight lasts all the way to the time limit, then a judges decision will take place, splitting 5 points in each of three categories between all remaining bots: damage, aggression, control

AI rules
Providing your own AI is appreciated but not required
EternalFlame.py and NeptuniaSys.py are banned
To use engage tactic, rammers must have smartzones for pushing their opponent, like what TopPusher.py has
If your bot cannot be AId w/ any of the .py files included in the base DSL 2.6 install, you must AI the bot yourself and send me the .py you used.
If you use a .py not included in the base DSL 2.6 install to AI your bot, you must send me the .py you used.  The exceptions to this are TopPusher2.py and my own custom AIs (LilTurret.py and LilFlipper.py), since I already have them downloaded.

Bot types
If you enter two bots into the same weightclass, both of those bots must be of different types.  For example, you can’t enter two verts into the HWs, but you can enter one into each weightclass.  Seeded bots don’t affect this, so if you have a HS seeded, that won’t stop you from entering a HS unseeded into the same weightclass.  Bot types are listed below:
Vertical spinners (includes wedged drums), irl examples: Bite Force, Witch Doctor, Aftershock
Wedgeless drums (includes eggbeaters), irl examples: Minotaur, Concussion, Yeti
Horizontal spinners, irl examples: Tombstone, SOW, Gigabyte
Rear-hinged and 4-bar flippers/lifters, irl examples: Apollo, Bronco, Lucky
Front-hinged and top-hinged flippers/lifters, irl examples: Firestorm, P1, Push To Exit
Axes/hammers, irl examples: Beta, Thor, Shatter
Overhead saws/hammer saws, irl examples: Sawblaze, Skorpios, Starchild
Crushers/grabbers (clamps in general), irl examples: Razer, Quantum, Kraken
Rammers, both wedgebots and wedgeless, irl examples: Original Sin, Tornado, Road Block
Pokers, irl examples: Spawn of Scutter
Drills, irl examples: Rusty
Thwackbots, irl examples: Stinger, Gabriel, Overkill
If a bot has two active weapons that fall into different categories (i.e. Whiplash, Fusion), you will be asked which one is the primary weapon if you don’t state it when you send me the bot.  If a config bot’s configs fall into different categories based on their primary weapon (i.e. Bombshell, Tornado), you will be asked which one is the primary config if you don’t state it when you send me the bot.  I realised during filming last time I forgot to do this w/ Dyslapia, I’ll try not to forget this time.

Build rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r1DYBwMI4WnefPdknsIRenSwtnJWFgMHvJU2-QcmQuM/edit?usp=drive_link
Entries: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_spD4ChrwkKdUgp8xc82vEb-TnLu23z3DL1v19puJI/edit?usp=drive_link

Signups open 28 feb
Active Tournaments / Re: Calamity Tournament 3(Signups Closed!)
« Last post by Kelimpel on February 12, 2024, 09:07:41 AM »
Active Tournaments / Re: CruiserFest
« Last post by WeN on February 06, 2024, 12:45:32 AM »
hello jauwn viewers- wait they're- nevermind.

DSL TC Showcases / Re: Botbuster's DSL Showcase
« Last post by botbuster on February 05, 2024, 09:36:21 AM »
wow nearly 4 years since i last posted here lol

Untitled.png

anyway here's an overkill lifter based on g-funk that is also my first bot i use obj with (not counting eternalblue since it was a one-off and used a pre-made chassis).
Tournament Archives / Re: The Island [SBV]
« Last post by 8bean on February 04, 2024, 02:06:43 PM »
Active Tournaments / Re: Subway Savagery - RW2004 Tournament
« Last post by SagarisRA2 on February 03, 2024, 04:11:49 PM »
Off-Topic Discussion / Re: The General Chatter Thread.
« Last post by RedcrossEx on January 30, 2024, 07:00:12 PM »
what the **** do you mean by "portal"
Tournament Archives / Re: The Island [SBV]
« Last post by 8bean on January 29, 2024, 09:23:43 PM »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10