Author Topic: World Combat Robot Championship  (Read 11662 times)

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: World Combat Robot Championship
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »
I'm going to have to second this. Pits are dumb and that's why we're never having them in ARC.

Offline Natef

• Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Nate Reviews Home
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 04:11:56 PM »
I agree.

Offline qwertythe300th

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • /r/Battlebots Moderator, and well thats about it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »
I think they should do American Style (Spinners allowed, Hazardless) and European Style (Housebot, No major damaging weapons, Oota Zones & Pit. Maybe as seperate shows or seperate divisions. I made a concept on how you can translate a European style arena to American Style. Only issue is costs.
Lone Star Domination.

Offline Camaro Kid

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2013, 04:04:17 AM »
I think they should do American Style (Spinners allowed, Hazardless) and European Style (Housebot, No major damaging weapons, Oota Zones & Pit. Maybe as seperate shows or seperate divisions. I made a concept on how you can translate a European style arena to American Style. Only issue is costs.

That and I dont think translating a Euro style arena into an American style one will work. A mixture of both would be difficult. A Euro Div and an American Div could work, but that would potentially start problems between teams competing in different divisions. Team in the American division would blast the Euro division for being "wimps" and not taking on their spinners, whilst the Euro division would fire back. There is no way around it really.

Offline Tweedy

• Tweedy
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 06:54:53 AM »

That and I dont think translating a Euro style arena into an American style one will work. A mixture of both would be difficult. A Euro Div and an American Div could work, but that would potentially start problems between teams competing in different divisions. Team in the American division would blast the Euro division for being "wimps" and not taking on their spinners, whilst the Euro division would fire back. There is no way around it really.
You make it sound like all we care about is winning, the majority of people do this for fun, yes we can be competitive but it's never anything unfriendly. Also a spinner fight happened earlier in the uk, but it was private and there is no video that I'm aware of.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »
Team in the American division would blast the Euro division for being "wimps" and not taking on their spinners, whilst the Euro division would fire back. There is no way around it really.

I feel like most roboteers are above this. If any of this happens it would probably be in jest.

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
It all depends on how high they want to set their sights.  If they're putting on something just for the builders to have an outlet, then a bare minimum arena with wall spikes and possibly wedge-defiers is all they need.  But if they want to turn this into a profitable venture and possibly get on TV, then a house robot is a very good marketing tool - recurring characters are how you keep an audience.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »