Author Topic: Team Fox/ i could use some help  (Read 5202 times)

Offline SKBT

Re: Team Fox/ i could use some help
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 10:22:44 PM »
The guy who owns Kitbots

Offline Wolfsbane

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: -5
  • Pokemens.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »
thanks for the info
Man this needed an update. Anyways, Your local autistic idiot signing out.

Offline Wolfsbane

• Heavyweight
  • Pokemens.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »
sorry for DP, but would they run normally if i cut off the bananna connectors and strip the wires?

Offline Jack Daniels

• Rep: 9
  • Losing Tournaments with Style
    • matt.morrill.12
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • My abandoned online RPG project.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
sorry for DP, but would they run normally if i cut off the bananna connectors and strip the wires?

I would imagine so.  Banana connectors just make it easy to remove (unplug) the motor if you need to swap it out.  If you strip the wires, bear in mind, it will be harder to swap the motor out if you were in a competition and it needed to be replaced.

When getting into a build, try to imagine scenarios that you might run into when in a competition.  This will make it easier for you to anticipate replacing parts if they get broken.

Offline Wolfsbane

• Heavyweight
  • Pokemens.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »

I would imagine so.  Banana connectors just make it easy to remove (unplug) the motor if you need to swap it out.  If you strip the wires, bear in mind, it will be harder to swap the motor out if you were in a competition and it needed to be replaced.

When getting into a build, try to imagine scenarios that you might run into when in a competition.  This will make it easier for you to anticipate replacing parts if they get broken.

Actually, my speed controller has screw terminals, so it will still be easy to unplug.

Offline Wolfsbane

• Heavyweight
  • Pokemens.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »

Actually, my speed controller has screw terminals, so it will still be easy to unplug.

EDIT: i'm thinking about making a pushy bot instead. is this good stuff for a pushy bot?

Offline SKBT

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »
Nope, basically none of that stuff is good.

Tracks are a pain in the butt to work with and can come off or get cut, killing your ability to move. Two spark gearmotors aren't enough for a beetleweight pushy bot. (Mike uses two of them in his ant) Really nonrecharable batteries in a battery holder. (not enough voltage and it's gonna cost a lot in the long run) Vex robotics chasis kit? First off that's cold roll steel. Second off thats 1/3 of your weight. Excluding armor. Thirdly thats just gonna be huge. 24 gauge wire is way way way too small. You around 18 gauge wire.

Seeing as you are kinda clueless in terms of robot design, might I intrest you in one of these beetleweight drum spinner kits? The robot it's based off of consistently wins and places top 3 in events. 
http://kitbots.com/product.sc;jsessionid=3A55668966C7E9407D7A9BBA4F0BB3A9.qscstrfrnt05?productId=19&categoryId=1

Offline R1885

• Rep: 3
  • Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
Thats just the bare chassis, and doesn't come with any parts. Plus, it's going to cost another 120 for the weapon. It's going to cost more for the weapon motor and ESC, not to mention the amount for the drive and batteries.

Offline SKBT

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
So... I support Kitbots.... :P

Offline zipdragon64

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Shut up, I'm awesome
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »