Author Topic: Robot Wars - International League (Australia Edition)  (Read 1564 times)

Offline JoeBlo

Robot Wars - International League (Australia Edition)
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »
Ive been poking through the RW wiki lately and noticed there is zero information on the Australian broadcast for the international league.

While Australia got Series 3, 4 and a bit of 5 before it was taken off the air as normal (Craig Charles, etc) you might be interested to know we got a completely different and unique broadcast for the international league

International League was the first ever robot wars to be shown in Australia, I believe that was the point of it, before S3 was shown

The Host we had for this show was Jay who still stood up in the stage where Craig did.. although the lack of crowd noise while he spoke suggested the arena was actually empty during his segments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Laga'aia

Unfortunately I didnt know the commentator or pit reporter nor can remember.

The other interesting thing was that Terror Australis was never shown, only Terror Australis II (Nemesis) was and was never explained that it was a replacement.

The last thing I can remember was the House robots intro was the 1st World Championship one (without JP though) instead of the regular International League intro

I have a feeling I may have 1 or 2 matches on VHS somewhere.. Im going to see if I can dig them up and get them on the computer to show people RW in a way you have never seen before :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:31:04 AM by JoeBlo »

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
Re: Robot Wars - International League (Australia Edition)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »
Cool.
Please find those tapes, that would be awesome

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:36 AM »
Cool.
Please find those tapes, that would be awesome
Easier said than done.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 04:45:58 AM »
Yeah absolutely but I will give it a crack.. I think I have everything I need to transfer from VHS to on my Mac 

Offline That Robot is a Spy!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • ^Best for Business
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »
I'm not a hotshot wiki editor or anything, but I can't see the article relating to be more than a stub.

Still, it's nice to find out about Robot Wars stuff that you hadn't had before.