Author Topic: Clash Bots - Discussion Thread  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clash Bots - Discussion Thread
« on: November 25, 2017, 08:42:56 AM »
So there's now another new tournament happening in China called Clash Bots. So far Team Tilly and Team Saint have said they've been invited across, does anybody else have more details about the tournament itself?

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Clash Bots - Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »
First I heard about it was when Team Tilly posted about it. I tried Googling "Clash Bots" but all I got was a bunch of stuff about Clash of Clans cheats. Pretty awesome to see robot combat taking off so much in China, though. Wasn't expecting another competition to be announced when King of Bots hasn't even aired yet.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Conraaa

• Certified Hood Classic
  • Rep: 10
  • I like my sugar with coffee and cream
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:37:14 PM »
They released some trailers for the series! There are lots to choose from, including:

The One Where It Rips Tombstones Matches from Battlebots Season 1 and I have no idea what is happening at all. It showcases this piece of alright a fair bit and I'm fine with that.
The One Where They Build Toy Robots.
The One Where They Do Puzzles.
The One Where They Just Show Robots From Season 2 of Battlebots.
The One Where They Show More of Tombstone And Then End With A Bit of One Punch Man.
The One Where They Talk About Their Favourite Cartoon Characters. This one shows us people pressing buttons on the arena.
The One Where They Talk About Their Top 10 Favourite Battlebots Matches.
The One Where Angelababy Asks You To Subscribe To Clash Bots. This one has subtitles!
The One Where They Use Chinese Film Clips.
The One Where They Use Zootopia and Game of Thrones Footage and give two fingers to copyright.

The ones actually worth watching are:
The One Where They Rip Off Harry Potter. Because it's terrible and brilliant at the same time. This sets the tone for the rest of the trailers.
The One Where The Production Team Buys Some Indians Coats And Everyone Complains About The Cold. This one is interesting because you seen a Brazilian team dance.
The One With A Sad Pepe That Showcases An App? It shows pictures of bits of testing.
The Cardcaptor Sakura One. Just watch it.
The One Where They Mock Foreigners Pronounciations of Chinese Words. This shows more teams in it.
THE ONE WHERE THEY LIST THE NAME OF EVERY ROBOT IN THE COMPETITION. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE YOU CAN IGNORE ALL THE OTHERS
The One Where They Show Some Shots of The Arena.
The One Where The Hosts(?) Fight Robots In The Arena. You get to see drunk, old, chinese Craig Charles! It's a bit of a naff fight, 4 loanerbots fighting each other.

While I watched all of them and listed all of the important ones. I stopped listing the pointless ones after a bit. There were a lot of them.

International Teams Showcased:

An Indian team with "Eggbeater" Pic 2
The Brazilian team Ogrobots with "Dark Wolf" Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4
Chris Danby with "Hyena" Pic 2
Kane Aston with "Devourer" Pic 2
The Glitterbomb team with "Princess of Wales". I think the small humanoid child actually says "Ching Ching Chong Ching" into the camera with a straight face. Pic 2
This team I don't recognise with "Energy Bomb" Pic 2
This other team I don't recognise with "Angry Frog" Pic 2
Team Tilly Pic 2
A Leather Jacket Wearing Team with a robot called "Spicy Newt". Pic 2
Team Gabriel with "Excalibur" Pic 2
The fashion disasters known as John Lear and Alex Marler of Beast Fame with "Flame Tyrannosaurus" Pic 2
Team Thor with "Au Thumper"
Trevor Wright with "Robin Hood". This is the best team photo in the competition.

Chinese Teams:

Rampage Elf
Soul Reaper
Atomic Bomb
Xiao T
Down Hool
Brain Storm
Bull Devil
Catfish
Nightmare Strangler AKA The Best Name In The Competition
Fire Kylin
Black Whirlwind
Black Bull
Black Hole
King of Ghost
Toxic Fangs
Bermuda Triangle
Super Esports

Misc Shots of Robots:

This FBS. Note the blurred out possibly Glitterbomb team robot in the background
From the presenter robot fight linked above.

Offline SKBT

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
i'm stupid and can't read chinese, how do i actually watch the videos? randomly clicking on what looks like hyperlinks tells me to install a sketchy video player spyware thing

Offline Conraaa

• Certified Hood Classic
  • Rep: 10
  • I like my sugar with coffee and cream
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »
They should just load when you click on the links, you should see a screen like this, then an advert if you're not using an adblocker, and then it'll play. My recommendation is to not press anything, ignore the thing in the bottom right on the advert that looks like a skip button and disregard the red popup near the playback bar if one appears.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 02:57:52 AM »
What we need more, is a robot combat soap opera.
woke