Robots

Author Topic: F1Krazy's Showcase  (Read 1749 times)

Offline F1Krazy

• VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Heavyweight
  • Because the rage it burns like Chinese torture
    • View Profile
  • See profile for gamer tags: 1
F1Krazy's Showcase
« on: October 02, 2016, 07:46:20 PM »
RA3 showcase, eh? Okay, sure.

I've made a hell of a lot of robots in RA3, so I'll split this across multiple posts. I'll start by noting that, despite RA3 allowing you to overlap components, I make a personal rule of not doing so wherever possible (with the exception of baseplate anchors, for cosmetic reasons). I find it more challenging and fun that way.

I'll start with the antweights and work my way up. I dunno whether GTM has an AW class for RA3, but I developed one on Steam along with another guy. The weight limit we agreed on, 185 mass, was actually based on the weight of my first antweight, Blue Beetle:

Pretty simple, eh? So are my other two antweights, because there's really not much you can do with 185 mass. Here's Ankle Biter:

And here's Bull:

I only have one actual lightweight, and that's Spiral Uppercut. I'm quite proud of it, as it packs an immense amount of firepower into a tiny space without any overlapping components whatsoever.

Now for the middleweights. Blue Bomber here is my oldest surviving RA3 creation, and was an attempt to cram as much speed and power into a middleweight bot as possible. Sculpted armour is a trademark of mine in RA3, and Blue Bomber is the epitome of that. Note: it originally had two Chew Blades at the front, powered by Redbirds, but I removed them because Chew Blades, despite looking cool, are utterly useless in RA3.

Heavy Hitter is based on a similar sort of "cram as much into the weight allowance as possible" philosophy. It also has a lifting scoop, because I like lifting scoops. Note: Blue Bomber originally had flags too, but I got rid of them. Can't remember why.

Finally, Sub-Zero, a middleweight version of one of my heavyweights. It's a pain in the ass to control, but if you can land a hit, you'll do tons of damage.

I'll post the heavyweights tomorrow, since I have a tonne of them ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:39:20 AM by F1Krazy »
My DSL Showcase | My RA3 Showcase

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
Re: F1Krazy's Showcase
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 08:38:42 PM »
wait when did they add belt drive to ra3?

Offline F1Krazy

• VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 05:45:50 AM »
I think it was the most recently update back in June (man, that sounds depressing), they added a Chain Drive component. Really useful for making flywheels, but unlike a Perm there's only one length available and you can't mount it directly to the baseplate. You also can't have multiple Chain Drives on one robot because there's a glitch that prevents you from attaching things to the second one. Still handy though.

Offline kill343gs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »
Man this reminds me of how much i love the chassis creator in this game.....

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 05:18:42 PM »
Goes to show they had something, if only they would have given it more time and come at it with more Unity experience.

Offline F1Krazy

• VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 06:27:58 PM »
Yeah, I love the chassis creator in RA3. In fact, I love the entire build system in RA3, it's the reason I've racked up so many hours and built so many bots. It's so much more flexible than RA2. It's a real shame that the rest of the game is so unpolished and there are so few parts compared to something like DSL.

Alright, on with the show(case)! Since I have so many heavyweights in RA3, I'll start off with just the first few today.

Let's start with a couple of replicas; first, Pussycat. I got the chassis wrong, and it sucks anyway, so yeah.

And here's Killertron. It's actually an Unrestricted bot (my only one, currently) but close enough.

I did try making a Panic Attack replica once but it sucked even worse than the Pussycat one, so I scrapped it.

Now then, on to my originals. Since you guys already saw Sub-Zero, here's its big brother, Absolute Zero.

I actually have two versions of Absolute Zero. The second one is invertible, inspired by Nightmare's "Inverter Converter" upgrade for 2016; the chain drive powering the discs is mounted on a bi-directional burst motor so I can flip it over to the other side of the bot, allowing for inverted running.

It's a pretty neat party trick, but the downside is that the discs grind against the floor, and the lack of front stabilising forks means it tries to tip over whenever I brake. That's why I still have the version that can't run upside-down.

Might as well follow up my VS by showing off my HS. Here's the colourfully-named "Eviscerator Turbo". The "Turbo" is because it's an upgraded version of the old Eviscerator, which had 4WD and couldn't run both ways up.

Like Absolute Zero, Eviscerator also has an updated version, because having multiple versions of the same bot lying around is an unhealthy habit of mine. Say hello to Eviscerator Type-C:

That'll do for today. Tomorrow I'll show off some more of my bots, including an axlebot, and a flipper that actually works better as a rammer because ram plates in RA3 are ridiculously OP :dumb) Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:42:53 AM by F1Krazy »

Offline F1Krazy

• VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 05:57:42 AM »
Nearly forgot to keep posting here :P I think today I'll show off one of my personal favourites. Here's Torquish Delight:

Torquish Delight is a torque-reaction axlebot with possibly the best name of any of my robots. Like Double Jeopardy in my DSL showcase, it started out as an experiment: I wanted to see whether it was possible to built an axlebot in RA3, and wasn't particularly bothered how viable it ended up being. As it turns out, it's very viable:

The maces are capable of racking up incredible damage with each swing, and after hours of practice, I've gotten controlling it down to a fine art. Honestly, part of the reason I've racked up 70 hours on this game is simply because playing a few matches as Torquish Delight and smashing everything in sight into tiny pieces is really therapeutic. It's not invincible - in fact, it's really quite fragile against something with strong weaponry - but it's not to be taken lightly.

Note that the casters aren't actually attached to the weapon arm, they're just floating in midair next to it, courtesy of RA3's silly build system. Also, if not for the glitch where wheel casters weigh about twelve times more than they should do, Torquish Delight would actually be a middleweight; as it is, it weighs 965 mass. As a final note, the top and bottom are painted different colours so I can tell which way up it is, which is very helpful when controlling this kind of robot.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:44:17 AM by F1Krazy »

Offline Badger

• #1 challenger
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Free speech absolutist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 06:03:59 AM »
TRIGGERED

Well at least someone is having fun with RA3. Maybe you could put the maces on a piston for maximum meme.

Offline F1Krazy

• VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
TRIGGERED

Well at least someone is having fun with RA3. Maybe you could put the maces on a piston for maximum meme.

Maybe I'll try that just for the lolz. I'm running out of things to do in RA3, I've built nearly every kind of bot I can think of :P

Anyway, my most recent RA3 build is a Swiss army bot named Virtuoso. Its weapon is a lifting/flipping arm with four configurations: a pair of cutting discs (actually eight, four stacked on each side)...

...a flipping arm...

...a set of clamping/gnashing jaws powered by a bidirectional burst motor rather than a regular one...

...and a lifting scoop (again, made of three overlapping scoops).

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:45:41 AM by F1Krazy »

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »
I'm sure, you can't find more to build. These are really cool. Makes me actually want to try RA3.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.
Quote from: Baconus_Yum
I still have no idea what is going on here.

Offline Badger

• #1 challenger
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Free speech absolutist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 08:39:39 PM »
In the future, if you're gonna put like 10 HD images in a post, can you put them in a spoiler? I have high speed broadband and loading this page on my phone was pretty annoying, I'm sure its worse for a lot of people.

Offline F1Krazy

• VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 04:36:02 AM »
In the future, if you're gonna put like 10 HD images in a post, can you put them in a spoiler? I have high speed broadband and loading this page on my phone was pretty annoying, I'm sure its worse for a lot of people.
It's pretty slow for me as well tbh, I might as well go back and do that now so the place looks a bit neater and doesn't take ages to load. Glad everyone's liking these bots though! Still have a few more left to post.

Offline Herpaderp64

• can't think of a weapon for you bot? stick a saw on it (99.9% of early bots)
  • Beetleweight
  • *insert dank memes here*
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 08:41:41 AM »
that gold mace thwacker bot......went up against it with a couple of my bots and he absolutely rekt me until i brought out by far my best bot.......Are you serious?(yes thats its name lol)
oh and sorry about me not posting any more on my showcase guys but if i upload anymore images there i feel the forum will sh*t itself so if i do post anymore here it will be in a second showcase if not heres the link to my workshop page for anyone who wants to see the rest of my bots since i only posted half here

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Climax883/myworkshopfiles/?appid=363530

oh and i recently managed to make a walker so thats nice lol
One day im hoping that ra2 will get a working stable multiplayer and i also want to compete in robot wars some day.

Offline F1Krazy

• VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »
I like Facespinners, so this month we will all build facespinners.
Any mod can be used If you build a FS in RA3 you automatically win
hold my beer fam

Name is "Sit On My Facespinner". 1284 mass, Polymer armour, Z-Tek HP drive, and 16 Razors on 4 discs (also powered by Z-Tek HPs). Not enough battery to last the 2 minutes but your opponent will be dead by then. Even with the wedges, the discs bang against the floor so I had to make them counter-rotate to stop it crab-walking. The cool side-effect is that it looks like some giant spiky cloud of death is coming towards you:

So why didn't I enter this into BotM? Firstly, I couldn't be bothered to make a splash for it, and secondly, I didn't know whether MNB would actually accept it (though he accepted whatever the **** Asbestos' bot was supposed to be so I guess he would have done).

Offline toAst

• this one goes out to all of my babies mamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 10:42:35 PM »
hi i love you a little bit thanks :heart_smiley:
-------------------------------
who love to party

Offline toAst

• this one goes out to all of my babies mamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »
on some real feedback sh** though scarab and razer are dope fam keep bangin :thumbup
-------------------------------
who love to party