Poll

Would you enter?

Yes
11 (78.6%)
No
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Ultimate Roboteer Series - Discussion  (Read 734 times)

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ultimate Roboteer Series - Discussion
« on: September 30, 2018, 12:01:57 PM »
The name of the tournament is a WIP, I'm just stealing names from Yu-Gi-Oh!. The gimmick for this (and possible future) tournament(s) is that some components are banned or are restricted in some way. The full Ban List is in the Building Rules. Despite Stock only garnering 12 votes in the poll that I took, I want to get this idea up and running with a meta I'm familiar with before I move on to something a bit more complex as Ironforge, as IF is already quite balanced and there are a lot of things to consider. If you have any ideas for changes to the Ban List that I could make in the future, please recommend them.

Building Rules:
Stock 1.4
MW
No BFE, AAM, Hax Mode and all that crazy stuff, this includes RA2CF in its entirety (no Ro7 break)
No cheatbot2
You are not allowed to update your bot once it's accepted, although you can attempt to enter as many times as you need

Tournament and Match Rules:
No limit on entries, signups will end 14 days after signups start (deadline will be in this post)
Double elimination bracket
RA2T#2 Arena
Best of 3 fights
3 minute fights
There will be 1 havok restart per bot per fight. Havoking twice in 1 fight will result in a fight loss

Notes:
I will AI if you do not wish to or cannot do it yourself, just remember that if you want something done the way you envision it, do it yourself
If you have anything on your bot that does not come with Stock or AI essentials (skinned parts, custom AI lines or smartzones), inform me and send me a link to what I need for your bot
I reserve my right to deny your entry for any reason, although I will always be reasonable
All entries will be checked on a first-come first-served basis, although I can't promise I'll check your entry as soon as you send it, so make sure it's legal

Are you interested? If not, why not? If so, vote accordingly.

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
Re: Ultimate Roboteer Series - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 06:00:34 AM »
>a tournament where most used weapon got banned
I think I will enter, tho finding way to build bot without most used weapons is a hard part.