Poll

Weightclass and Arena?

Octagon - MW
Octagon - HW
Metal Skull - MW
Metal Skull - HW

Author Topic: THE KESSEL RUN (parsec tournament)  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: THE KESSEL RUN (parsec tournament)
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 10:36:14 AM »
You can just have someone drive it for you
I think that isn’t how it works
Also dude don’t be lazy and just drive your own bot. Simple task
It doesn't say you have to drive your bot in the rules. And maybe somebody doesn't want to
If you don’t drive your own bot then why bother entering.
Online tournaments are meant for the builder to drive their own bots against others’ own bots, not lounge back and expect someone else to drive your bot. I think you’re pretty much the only person here too that wants someone else to drive your bot.
Also your bots are quite neat and I think you’d do quite well driving them (no sarcasm).

some people are good at driving and not building and vice versa. I personally have no problem with one person building and a different one driving as long as they both agree (both need to PM or something). I'll update the OP to add this since it seems to be a big deal to some people.

I encourage everyone who is interested in this to try and push the envelope of bot building by utilizing what may not be a good AI design but would be great if driven by a human in an arena where hazards are in play. Mystic2000 has done some really interesting stuff already and I've posted some very basic ideas in the online play thread.
This kind of tournament is your guys' opportunity to make some really crazy stuff and have it work as AI is not a limiting factor. take advantage of it! I'll try to post some designs after I get back from my trip in a couple weeks.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline BDBlu

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I just got shocked.That means it's working, right?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2018, 12:08:16 PM »
What about gamepad/xbox controller/ps controller?

Builder of Razor Guy and ROLFcopter

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »
What about gamepad/xbox controller/ps controller?
One party having a controller and one party using a keyboard is ideally the best way to do this. I need to test parsec with this control method and make sure it works but hopefully that's exactly what I'm going with.

Okay, so we have some interest. I'm glad. I've spent some time making a more solidified ruleset and updated the OP. If you see anything you think I should change, please post. Other than that, there really isn't much else to do before I move this to signups except determine which weightclass and arena you want. I'm narrowing it down between HW and MW, and the Octagon and Metal Skull arenas. Both are very fun to play with in the absence of AI and it'll be great to use the hazards intelligently. I've amped up the hazard dmg to be on ironforge standards (the spikes can 3-shot MWs now). I put up a vote for which ones you want.
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Used to suck at IRL, probably still does.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
if any of you are afraid to enter cause you're not good at IF-S, i offer my services to build an entry for you, just discord message me with whatever design you have in mind and i'll see what i can do
Robocraft Username: Bob5768
PSN Username: Bob5768

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »
if any of you are afraid to enter cause you're not good at IF-S, i offer my services to build an entry for you, just discord message me with whatever design you have in mind and i'll see what i can do
I'm fine with this.
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2018, 01:40:24 AM »

centaurilogo400px alpha.png

logo. why not
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 04:03:35 PM »
yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020