Author Topic: Shred Bots - Signups  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
Re: Shred Bots - Discussion
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 07:32:25 PM »
Nobody really seems to have a problem with it, and ive tested the format by making a practise tournament before so I think it'll be fine. As for all of the things you said in your edit, can you send me a pm for the links to the two mods you mentioned and ill include them in the sign ups. As for chatbot 2 components, i will allow both flat motors, overkill motor and the razor claw motor. All of this will be added in the signups.
Well, you can find those components I mentioned on the custom components section of the download page. Also, i forget to mention, but also how about recolored slipperbottom wheels, Geese's NPC fic, improved battery AP, Mr AS rebalance pack, and component reskinning

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 04:04:26 AM »
I tries to distinguish it from battlebots with the whole last chance tourney thing. Also if I cant get 55 entries I will make entries 3 per person.
See that would be fine and dandy if Battlebots didn't have a Last Chance RUMBLE. I thought this was just a stand in because RA2 doesn't allow more than 5 bots.

Thats a fair point, but overall I don't really see a problem with copying Battlebots considering its the most popular robot fighting show in the world and the format is amazing. Maybe next tournament I do, i may change the format around a little bit.

Nobody really seems to have a problem with it, and ive tested the format by making a practise tournament before so I think it'll be fine. As for all of the things you said in your edit, can you send me a pm for the links to the two mods you mentioned and ill include them in the sign ups. As for chatbot 2 components, i will allow both flat motors, overkill motor and the razor claw motor. All of this will be added in the signups.
Well, you can find those components I mentioned on the custom components section of the download page. Also, i forget to mention, but also how about recolored slipperbottom wheels, Geese's NPC fic, improved battery AP, Mr AS rebalance pack, and component reskinning

I think ill keep it at the disc covers and the recoloured frenzy hammers, don't really see need for any of the others. However if anybody makes a bot with one of these (par from component reskins, that would be way too hard to keep up with the whole 80kg thing). Ill be happy to download one of them. Besides, im using DSL 2.3 which already has a bunch of these mods in them.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 04:32:03 AM »
I tries to distinguish it from battlebots with the whole last chance tourney thing. Also if I cant get 55 entries I will make entries 3 per person.
See that would be fine and dandy if Battlebots didn't have a Last Chance RUMBLE. I thought this was just a stand in because RA2 doesn't allow more than 5 bots.

Thats a fair point, but overall I don't really see a problem with copying Battlebots considering its the most popular robot fighting show in the world and the format is amazing. Maybe next tournament I do, i may change the format around a little bit.

I think ill keep it at the disc covers and the recoloured frenzy hammers, don't really see need for any of the others. However if anybody makes a bot with one of these (par from component reskins, that would be way too hard to keep up with the whole 80kg thing). Ill be happy to download one of them. Besides, im using DSL 2.3 which already has a bunch of these mods in them.
For component reskins, you just copy paste the component files for them in the appropriate places. Basically, the same way you install new components that you downloaded

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 01:55:28 PM »
I've made the logo:

Shred Bots Logo.bmp

Come on guys, I need 3 more yes votes to get this into signups!

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
Re: Shred Bots - Signups
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 10:27:08 AM »
Hey guys, im planing on starting a tournament and I want your opinions on it.

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

Rules (Format):

DSL HW IRL
55 bots, battlebots format, two entries per person.
There will be a desperado tournament which opens half way. People can apply and I will accept the ones that I think deserve to be there.
There will also be a final chance tourney(single elimination) where all the unchosen 3-1 bots and 2-2 bots fight to get the 16th seed. If byes are necessary, they will be given to the robots that performed the best. (e.g. 3-1 bot over 2-2 bot)
Component freedom allowed
ObJRA 2 and BFE allowed
No Custom Components
Both Flatmotors, Razer Claw Motor and the Overkill Motor are allowed in regards to CB2.
All IRL packs and coloured bars are allowed.
Before a fight, builders are allowed to adjust 80 kg of their bot to prepare for their next fight. Interchangeable bots can change their modules and then apply this 80kg. Also this 80kg is not necessary and I think the tournament will be most realistic if you don't use this opportunity every time.

Rules(Competition):

Robogames arena
3 minute Matches
Havoks will cause a restart. If a havoc happens 5 times, it will go to a judges decision based on all five matches.

Do you think this is plausible, especially the 80kg modification rule which is something i really want to keep to set this tournament apart from others. I will enter one bot.

You are now in signups. The quoted rules cannot change. Good luck
Things I did & done

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 10:37:23 AM »
Does it matter if I got rid of the "do you think this idea is good" txt

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »
Does it matter if I got rid of the "do you think this idea is good" txt

No
Things I did & done

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
Both of MrBK's entries have been accepted and AI'ed
{cringey}'s first bot has been accepted and AI'ed
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:32:04 PM by FlamesOfIce »

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 04:35:30 AM »
Hoppin first entry accepted.
Cloud Killer entry 1 accepted, entry 2 denied.
Neon both entries accepted.
Pokebro first entry accepted.
Both Evil Toaster entries accepted
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:36:03 AM by FlamesOfIce »

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 11:08:58 AM »
Both entries of Moziet accepted
Both entries of Primeval accepted

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2018, 12:20:32 PM »
Both Entries of Plerco accepted

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 01:52:49 PM »
Both entries of Bild accepted

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2018, 01:52:52 AM »
Hoppins 2nd entry accepted
Both of DaddyDJents entries accepted
Both of Code Reds entries accepted

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2018, 06:18:06 AM »
both entries of Guldenflame accepted.
2nd entry of Pokebro accepted.

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
Could you just use the competitors you have, then make do with the format (top 8, no desperate, ect)
um ackshually I did not crap my pants

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »
tbh, id rather wait and get a good tournament

Both entries of Kix Accepted
Both entries of Nightraven accepted
Billys Bot Accepted

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 09:58:48 AM »
Sorry for the delay guys, ive been very busy, ill be able to check the new robots this weekend.

Offline Bildschirm

• Makes RA2 Arenas from scratch and some Tournaments.
  • Rep: 6
  • Has a Fetish for Vertical Spinners
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 03:51:44 AM »
Do you think that you will get more entries? I mean i think that 55 spots are kinda high from someone who never made a tournament before
I have a showcase! :3
Also some moments... xD

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 04:40:54 AM »
Do you think that you will get more entries? I mean i think that 55 spots are kinda high from someone who never made a tournament before
Tbh yeah. I mean, I think there's few more potential users, like Badger, who don't join because they are unsure if you can finish it probably

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 04:54:41 AM »
Tbh yeah. I mean, I think there's few more potential users, like Badger, who don't join because they are unsure if you can finish it probably

So maybe you should do 3 robots per person, or just take what you can, and do the tourney
um ackshually I did not crap my pants