Author Topic: Robotic Murder Party 2 - Signups Closed  (Read 3937 times)

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
Robotic Murder Party 2 - Signups Closed
« on: October 15, 2018, 06:15:41 PM »

So if you remember about two years ago I did a tournament known as "Robotic Murder Party".  If you're unfamiliar with the concept, it's a Stock MW tournament where you do battles against other bots, where losers must survive in mini-games.  It all comes down to the living and dead fight to who earns their right to stay alive.  Basically, Trivia Murder Party from Jackbox games, but with bots.  Was pretty fun in the end, if a bit complicated.   I didn't really think of doing a sequel, but then I notice a lack of stock tournaments, and watching stock bots fights can be pretty fun as well.  So most of this may remain similar, but with a few changes to hopefully make certain mini-games more interesting, and hopefully everyone enjoys it really.

GENERAL RULES:
- Stock Middleweight
- 16 Entrants Maximum
- One entrant per person, but in the event that signups are going slow, I will allow people to send a second bot.
- I'm willing to AI if you are not able to, but don't complain what I AI'd your bot or you will disqualified automatically (It will not change once the SBV thread is up.)
- You cannot enter unless your bot is received and accepted.
- I won't be entering as I will building some bots for the minigames (See Minigame Rules for more details).
- Unless your bot is PixelCruncher by WenXiangLee, then you cannot send me the same entrant you entered from the last RMP (they did die after all.)

BUILDING RULES:
- General stock rules apply
- Middleweight bots only (249.1 - 399.0 kg)
- Your bot must be one that you built yourself and showcased in some way to prove that it's your design (this is to prevent placeholder bots, or bots straight up copied from another builder, and on top of that, you CANNOT send me a simple re-skin of someone elses bot and call it yours).
- You cannot use BFE, AAM, Hax, Component Freedom, .txt file editing, etc.
- I will allow most stacks that have been done multiple times, but if I find something highly questionable, then I will ask you to show me the proof if it's legit.
- The Rule of 7 Break is allowed.
- AI parts are allowed, including the 140 cm extender.
- The only cheatbot2 part that is allowed is the Flamethrower.
- The only custom components that are allowed are from 090901's and/or Sage's Skin Pack and Madiaba's Smart Zones.
- Smart Zones will not count toward weight, but you cannot use them to act as a ballast
- Bots must have powered two wheels minimum, and both wheels must show any form of controlled movement.
- Crawlers and Multibots are banned.
- Bots will not be AI'd with Meltybrain tactics.
- Modular designs are banned.
- I recommend bots that are the best of your ability, so Jokebots, replicas, IRL style bots, etc. are allowed, but bear in mind that you will be at a severe disadvantage.
- You can make an update once and only once (The only exception if it's a skin change or anything minor).
- If an updated bot is illegal, then I will use the original bot you sent me.

MATCH RULES:
- 2 minute length battles
- 1 vs. 1 Battle Format
- Best of 1
- Main Battles will take place in the ELBITE Tournament Arena (Re-skinned)
- If a bot does a Havok Explosion which costs the match for it's opponent, that said bot will get a free restart, if this happens again, that bot will be disqualified.
- Matchups will be randomized each Round in 1-on-1 Matches.
- There will be most likely going to be ten videos released on a weekly format, with randomized draws for each of the battles and mini-games.
- You will earn the amount of points that you had at the end of every match.
- The Winners of the matches will sit on the sidelines, and earn an additional 10000 points (Ghosts will earn 5000 points).  The losing survivors will have to fight for their life in a mini-game (You will earn points if you do participate in these mini-games).
- Survivors and Ghosts will fight among each other in their own respective groups.
- Whoever has the most amount of points in their respective group will sit out for one round.
- The last bot standing will advance to the final round (See Final Round rules).

Minigame Rules:
Losers will have to try to survive in the various, randomly-chosen mini-games.  If you do badly at the mini-games, then I'll kill you, and then you become a ghost (Ghosts can still win the game, so don't give up hope).  Here are the mini-games you will have to fight each other in:

Special Note: If there is a lone victim in the killing floor, then everyone else will participate, and if any of them beat the lone victim in the mini-game, then the victim will die.

GREED:

- You will be battling a heavily armored bot with a tri-bar mace VS in the shape of a safe (Effectively it will be capable of fighting this time, and it's much harder than before).
- These battles will have a one minute time limit.
- The arena used will be the Containment Cube (Re-skinned, Hazards off).
- The goal is to destroy the safe, but if don't destroy the safe within the time limit, you'll die.

SUMO:

- You will be battling a HW Pusher
- These battles will have a one minute time limit
- The arena used will be the FlexTop Arena (Re-skinned, Hazards off).
- Whoever lasts the shortest time against the pusher, you will die.

CRAWLER:

- You will be battling a MW Crawler
- The arena used will be the RA2T2 Official Tournament Arena (Re-skinned)
- If you don't beat the crawler in any way, you'll die.

ANTWEIGHTS:
*This will most likely be the fifth minigame, so beware.

- Once signups are full, I will PM everyone beforehand on an antweight to choose beforehand.
- Victims will be fighting one of 16 different AWs.
- The arena used will be the Small Arena (Re-skinned, Hazards Off)
- If you are a safe player, then you will have inserted a bomb inside, if you are not a safe player, then you will have chosen an AW to fight.
- If the victims choose an AW that has a bomb in it, fail to beat the AW (somehow) or don't submit an AW to fight before the deadline passes, they'll die.

KING OF THE HILL:

- This minigame will be have four players maximum in randomly chosen groups (if possible), and everyone will face each other in a 4-way KOTH rumble.
- The arena used will be the LumaZone (Re-skinned)
- Whoever scores the least amount of points, or if you don't score any points at all in the match in their respective group, you die.

EMERGENCY SITUATION:

- Your bot will face off against your own version of EMERGENCY
- The arena used will be the Electric Arena 2 (Re-skinned).
- The goal is to remove as many components as possible, and if you remove the least amount of components or lose to EMERGENCY in any way, you'll die (removing every components will result in an auto win).

BLOOD BROTHERS:

- You will face off against two MW Multibot Popups.
- These battles will have a two minute time limit
- The arena used will be the Low Lag Arena 3 (Re-skinned).
- The goal is to last the longest time possible against the popups  If you do not at least survive to the end of the match, you'll die (Beating both popups before time runs out will result in an auto win).

DOUBLE TROUBLE:

- You then will face against two LW HS bots
- There will be a one minute time limit
- The arena used will be the Ring Arena (Re-skinned)
- The goal is to defeat at least one or both bots, or (at the worst) survive to the end of the match.  If you do not accomplish any of the following, you'll die.

THE SICK SICK SIX:

- You will face off against 6 MWs in a set order.
- The arena used will be the DSL Tournament Arena (Re-skinned)
- You will face each bot, 1-on-1, and if you win, you will advance to the next bot.
- If you beat the least amount of bots, then you'll die (beating all six bots will result in an auto-win)

LOSER'S FATE:
*This will be the last mini-game if two or more bots remain within 10 rounds.

- You will face off against a HW HS.
- These battles will will have a one minute time limit.
- The arena used will be the Keznorg IGC (Re-skinned, Hazards off).
- The order of who will fight the HS first will be based on your scores.
- If you fail to survive or beat the HS, you die.
- This process will continue until there is one bot left.

FINAL ROUND:
*Once one bot is left standing, then they must escape alive.  Here's how this will work:

- These battles will take place in the Trauma Pit Arena (Re-skinned)
- There will be a two minute time limit
- The lone survivor must beat all of the ghosts to escape.
- The matchup order will be determined by the scores from the previous rounds, from lowest will fight first, highest will fight last.
- Your final rankings will not change after the last round played.
- Ghosts will have 3 chances in lives to beat the survivor, if the ghosts loses all three lives, then they are out, permanently.
- The Survivor will lose a life if they do become a ghost
- If a ghost manages to beat the survivor, then they can steal the body and they get a chance to escape.
- Whoever is the previous survivor will also lose a life depending on how many they had before they turned into a ghost.
- The last bot standing will escape and win the game.

SIGNUPS:

MAXIMUM BOTS PER ENTRANT: 2

DEADLINE: December 8th, 2018, 12:00 AM EST

1. Plerco - kill me mini
2. Dark-Al - Eos
3. Redalert - Seismic Activity
4. WenXiangLee - Sans LIKEY LIKEY LIKEY LIKEY
5. NeonCalypso - Gold Dust
6. Dreamcast- BioPsyche
7. 8bean - Sponsor Shark
8. Sickle Robotics - Why not lift.
------------------------------------------------------
9. Redalert - Irony
10. Sickle Robotics - Hysteria
11. Badnik96 - Dusk Runner
12. WenXaingLee - Thonker
13. Squirrel_Monkey - Claws Jr
14. FightingBotInformal - Patheticus
15. 8bean - static wej
16. NeonCalypso 18+

DISCLAIMER: I will be running this at the same time as Deathmatch 3 (If I'm allowed to anyway), but I hope to make both great in the end.  This also is a bit of an experiment to see if I am capable of running two different kinds of tournaments in the end.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 05:40:00 PM by RedAce »

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • āœŠ Viva la Standard! āœŠ
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robotic Murder Party 2 - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:54:20 AM »
Rounds of minigames are pretty fun, I'm down for this.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 07:04:16 AM »
I don't even like stock and I'm actually so down for this.
Things I did & done

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »
Sounds like fun. I'll probably make something for this. 

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
I may be bad at this meta but im in.
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 08:36:12 AM »
- Your bot must be one that you built yourself and showcased in some way to prove that it's your design

But Starcore can't Fury, and Inf can't enter MaceD, how can they fight at the end again? :triumph:

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 09:42:50 AM »
did i enter my trademarked vs in the first one

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »
Damn, I'm hella down for this.
Will finally enter my first tournament and will send my bot once I get home from school, although I'm not confident at all.
It'll take me a while to dig up my bot, the last time I actually opened up RA2 on my main computer was a month and half ago and my main computer's a ****ing mess.
EDIT: Finally found it, although it took a copious amount of time as it was in a spot I didn't expect to see it in. Sorry about the deleted post. Will send.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:29:29 PM by FightingBotInformal »
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 01:08:13 PM »
hell ye boi

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 04:06:51 PM »
Logo is up.

Also I changed the Weight Loss Minigame back to Double Trouble for the sake that it felt redundant, complicated and almost unnecessary to do.  Hopefully once I exit Midterms week, I should get at least the bots you'll most likely fight in the Mini-Games shown eventually.

Offline doot

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »
I'm a bit late, but this needs to happen again! Kestros was robbed!

But yeah, if you wanna start it then I'm all happy for ya to do it if necessary Just gotta check with the other guys. ^_^

Offline doot

Robotic Murder Party 2 - Signups Open!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

So if you remember about two years ago I did a tournament known as "Robotic Murder Party".  If you're unfamiliar with the concept, it's a Stock MW tournament where you do battles against other bots, where losers must survive in mini-games.  It all comes down to the living and dead fight to who earns their right to stay alive.  Basically, Trivia Murder Party from Jackbox games, but with bots.  Was pretty fun in the end, if a bit complicated.   I didn't really think of doing a sequel, but then I notice a lack of stock tournaments, and watching stock bots fights can be pretty fun as well.  So most of this may remain similar, but with a few changes to hopefully make certain mini-games more interesting, and hopefully everyone enjoys it really.

GENERAL RULES:
- Stock Middleweight
- 16 Entrants Maximum
- One entrant per person, but in the event that signups are going slow, I will allow people to send a second bot.
- I'm willing to AI if you are not able to, but don't complain what I AI'd your bot or you will disqualified automatically (It will not change once the SBV thread is up.)
- You cannot enter unless your bot is received and accepted.
- I won't be entering as I will building some bots for the minigames (See Minigame Rules for more details).
- Unless your bot is PixelCruncher by WenXiangLee, then you cannot send me the same entrant you entered from the last RMP (they did die after all.)

BUILDING RULES:
- General stock rules apply
- Middleweight bots only (249.1 - 399.0 kg)
- Your bot must be one that you built yourself and showcased in some way to prove that it's your design (this is to prevent placeholder bots, or bots straight up copied from another builder, and on top of that, you CANNOT send me a simple re-skin of someone elses bot and call it yours).
- You cannot use BFE, AAM, Hax, Component Freedom, .txt file editing, etc.
- I will allow most stacks that have been done multiple times, but if I find something highly questionable, then I will ask you to show me the proof if it's legit.
- The Rule of 7 Break is allowed.
- AI parts are allowed, including the 140 cm extender.
- The only cheatbot2 part that is allowed is the Flamethrower.
- The only custom components that are allowed are from 090901's and/or Sage's Skin Pack and Madiaba's Smart Zones.
- Smart Zones will not count toward weight, but you cannot use them to act as a ballast
- Bots must have powered two wheels minimum, and both wheels must show any form of controlled movement.
- Crawlers and Multibots are banned.
- Bots will not be AI'd with Meltybrain tactics.
- Modular designs are banned.
- I recommend bots that are the best of your ability, so Jokebots, replicas, IRL style bots, etc. are allowed, but bear in mind that you will be at a severe disadvantage.
- You can make an update once and only once (The only exception if it's a skin change or anything minor).
- If an updated bot is illegal, then I will use the original bot you sent me.

MATCH RULES:
- 2 minute length battles
- 1 vs. 1 Battle Format
- Best of 1
- Main Battles will take place in the ELBITE Tournament Arena (Re-skinned)
- If a bot does a Havok Explosion which costs the match for it's opponent, that said bot will get a free restart, if this happens again, that bot will be disqualified.
- Matchups will be randomized each Round in 1-on-1 Matches.
- There will be most likely going to be ten videos released on a weekly format, with randomized draws for each of the battles and mini-games.
- You will earn the amount of points that you had at the end of every match.
- The Winners of the matches will sit on the sidelines, and earn an additional 10000 points (Ghosts will earn 5000 points).  The losing survivors will have to fight for their life in a mini-game (You will earn points if you do participate in these mini-games).
- Survivors and Ghosts will fight among each other in their own respective groups.
- Whoever has the most amount of points in their respective group will sit out for one round.
- The last bot standing will advance to the final round (See Final Round rules).

Minigame Rules:
Losers will have to try to survive in the various, randomly-chosen mini-games.  If you do badly at the mini-games, then I'll kill you, and then you become a ghost (Ghosts can still win the game, so don't give up hope).  Here are the mini-games you will have to fight each other in:

Special Note: If there is a lone victim in the killing floor, then everyone else will participate, and if any of them beat the lone victim in the mini-game, then the victim will die.

GREED:

- You will be battling a heavily armored bot with a tri-bar mace VS in the shape of a safe (Effectively it will be capable of fighting this time, and it's much harder than before).
- These battles will have a one minute time limit.
- The arena used will be the Containment Cube (Re-skinned, Hazards off).
- The goal is to destroy the safe, but if don't destroy the safe within the time limit, you'll die.

SUMO:

- You will be battling a HW Pusher
- The arena used will be the FlexTop Arena (Re-skinned, Hazards off).
- Whoever lasts the shortest time against the pusher, you will die.

CRAWLER:

- You will be battling a MW Crawler
- The arena used will be the RA2T2 Official Tournament Arena (Re-skinned)
- If you don't beat the crawler in any way, you'll die.

ANTWEIGHTS:
*This will most likely be the fifth minigame, so beware.

- Once signups are full, I will PM everyone beforehand on an antweight to choose beforehand.
- Victims will be fighting one of 16 different AWs.
- The arena used will be the Small Arena (Re-skinned, Hazards Off)
- If you are a safe player, then you will have inserted a bomb inside, if you are not a safe player, then you will have chosen an AW to fight.
- If the victims choose an AW that has a bomb in it, fail to beat the AW (somehow) or don't submit an AW to fight before the deadline passes, they'll die.

KING OF THE HILL:

- This minigame will be have four players maximum in randomly chosen groups (if possible), and everyone will face each other in a 4-way KOTH rumble.
- The arena used will be the LumaZone (Re-skinned)
- Whoever scores the least amount of points, or if you don't score any points at all in the match in their respective group, you die.

EMERGENCY SITUATION:

- Your bot will face off against your own version of EMERGENCY
- The arena used will be the Electric Arena 2 (Re-skinned).
- The goal is to remove as many components as possible, and if you remove the least amount of components or lose to EMERGENCY in any way, you'll die (removing every components will result in an auto win).

BLOOD BROTHERS:

- You will face off against two MW Multibot Popups.
- The arena used will be the Low Lag Arena 3 (Re-skinned).
- The goal is to last the longest time possible against the popups  If you do not at least survive to the end of the match, you'll die (Beating both popups before time runs out will result in an auto win).

DOUBLE TROUBLE:

- You then will face against two LW HS bots
- There will be a one minute time limit
- The arena used will be the Ring Arena (Re-skinned)
- The goal is to defeat at least one or both bots, or (at the worst) survive to the end of the match.  If you do not accomplish any of the following, you'll die.

THE SICK SICK SIX:

- You will face off against 6 MWs in a set order.
- The arena used will be the DSL Tournament Arena (Re-skinned)
- You will face each bot, 1-on-1, and if you win, you will advance to the next bot.
- If you beat the least amount of bots, then you'll die (beating all six bots will result in an auto-win)

LOSER'S FATE:
*This will be the last mini-game if two or more bots remain within 10 rounds.

- You will face off against a HW HS.
- These battles will will have a one minute time limit.
- The arena used will be the Keznorg IGC (Re-skinned, Hazards off).
- The order of who will fight the HS first will be based on your scores.
- If you fail to survive or beat the HS, you die.
- This process will continue until there is one bot left.

FINAL ROUND:
*Once one bot is left standing, then they must escape alive.  Here's how this will work:

- These battles will take place in the Trauma Pit Arena (Re-skinned)
- There will be a two minute time limit
- The lone survivor must beat all of the ghosts to escape.
- The matchup order will be determined by the scores from the previous rounds, from lowest will fight first, highest will fight last.
- Your final rankings will not change after the last round played.
- Ghosts will have 3 chances in lives to beat the survivor, if the ghosts loses all three lives, then they are out, permanently.
- The Survivor will lose a life if they do become a ghost
- If a ghost manages to beat the survivor, then they can steal the body and they get a chance to escape.
- Whoever is the previous survivor will also lose a life depending on how many they had before they turned into a ghost.
- The last bot standing will escape and win the game.

Hopefully everything is accounted for.  Most of the rules were copied and pasted from RMP 1, and if something feels unintentionally off, then please let me know.

Also, I'm currently at the moment unsure of when I would like to start this.  Life has been kinda stacking up on me lately, not to mention current projects that I'm working for GTM on the side (i.e. Reforged v2.0).  So once I find enough time to get this show on the road, you'll probably know.

DISCLAIMER: I will be running this at the same time as Deathmatch 3 (If I'm allowed to anyway), but I hope to make both great in the end.  This also is a bit of an experiment to see if I am capable of running two different kinds of tournaments in the end.

All right, let's do this!

Rules quoted cannot change, yadda yadda yadda. Good luck, RedAce!

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robotic Murder Party 2 - Signups
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »
Thinking about building something different. If signups get tight you'll get a robot.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 05:19:39 AM »
I have recieved Plerco's and Dark-Al's Entrants.  Both of which are accepted.

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 06:06:34 AM »
I will enter if this didn't get full.

If it's almost full, I will re-enter PixelCruncher (which didn't die lol)

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 06:10:59 AM »
I might enter something, but stock is way out of my bounds
Based

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, Iā€™m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »
I'm in. It sounds like fun.

Here's my bot. It has a smartzone already, and both analogs are wired.

Let me know if you'll take it or not.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:21:05 PM by Redalert »

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 03:36:19 PM »
Here's my bot. It has a smartzone already, and both analogs are wired.
I mean, I would've preferred if you sent it in as a PM, but I even forgot to list that, so whoops.

Anyway, so I received and accepted your entry.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 05:24:55 AM »
I have recieved WenXiangLee's entrant.  It is accepted.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 08:46:11 AM »
Haven't really recieved any bots for a while so I'm little worried.  If this continues to be slow, then I guess I'll have no choice but to open secondary signups, but I would like to at least have eight bots before I even consider that option.