Author Topic: NOVA - PvP Tournament Series SIGNUPS  (Read 993 times)

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
NOVA - PvP Tournament Series SIGNUPS
« on: November 23, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »
novaalpha.png

Welcome to NOVA. This is a tournament series I am starting where I host a new bracket weekly/bi-weekly/whenever. Basically a mini-centauri with 4 competitors that I can do pretty casually. Each Nova will have a different theme/meta/gimmick/etc each time. I will use this topic for all novas since I will try to do new ones fairly regularly. It's basically one big tournament that has a different competitor lineup every time.

FORMAT:
4 entries. First come first serve. PM me or contact me on Discord if you want to join.
1v1, Bo3, double elimination. 3 min.
The Trov action cam will be used.
Major havoks will have the match restarted as necessary.
North American entrants STRONGLY PREFERRED. Overseas latency IS a problem. If you are not NA but do a lag test with me and it's acceptable then you will be accepted.

-----

THIS WEEK'S RULES:
No building! BUT WHY, you ask? well-
Pick a HW from the original stock AI (except EMERGENCY). This is the bot you will drive for this week :gawe:
I reserve the right to deny any entry for any reason.
The stock Octagon arena will be used for its balance among different bot types.

-----

SIGNUPS (close once I accept 4 competitors):
APPROVED
1. Plerco - Ronin
2. evil toaster - Coal Miner
3. RedAce - Sentinel
4. 8bean - Raptor

I will not be entering this time unless we can't get a 4th entrant.

-----
For me to accept your entry, you need to send me a PM/discord message with ALL of the following files/information:
TWO IDENTICAL copies (or more) of your bot (each with differing keyboard controls, or alternatively, keyboard and gamepad). The inputs can be whatever you want as long as you pick only ONE color from this diagram for each copy:
This is so two people can potentially play on the same keyboard layout. You will likely be required to drive with both at some point.
Timezone (Pacific, EST, etc)
Times and days available to fight (be generous please). Saturday and Sunday if at all possible. I will try to work with what you got. But remember that you have the potential to fight any entrant, so the more time you have available, the better. Fights under ideal circumstances don't last more than 10 or 15 minutes, but plan for perhaps up to 45.
Parsec user ID Link to register

I will not accept your entry until ALL of the above has been submitted and the bot is approved. If you are confused, ASK ME!

These will be pretty casual tournaments. Since there's only four entrants scheduling should be pretty easy and done on the fly. Preferably be available evenings and weekends. Just don't enter if you can only play at tues at 4:15-4:30am or some crap like that. Use common sense.

Feel free to ask questions. Here we go.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:51:34 PM by Reier »
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: NOVA - PvP Tournament Series SIGNUPS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 11:24:05 PM »
 [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

Welcome to NOVA. This is a tournament series I am starting where I host a new bracket weekly/bi-weekly/whenever. Basically a mini-centauri with 4 competitors that I can do pretty casually. Each Nova will have a different theme/meta/gimmick/etc each time. I will use this topic for all novas since I will try to do new ones fairly regularly. It's basically one big tournament that has a different competitor lineup every time.

FORMAT:
4 entries. First come first serve. PM me or contact me on Discord if you want to join.
North American entrants STRONGLY PREFERRED. Overseas latency IS a problem. If you are not NA but do a lag test with me and it's acceptable then you will be accepted.

-----

THIS WEEK'S RULES:
Pick a HW from the stock AI (except EMERGENCY). This is the bot you will drive for this week :gawe:

-----

APPROVED
BACKUPS/CURRENTLY UNAPPROVED

-----
For me to accept your entry, you need to send me a PM/discord message with ALL of the following files/information:
TWO IDENTICAL copies (or more) of your bot (each with differing keyboard controls, or alternatively, keyboard and gamepad). The inputs can be whatever you want as long as you pick only ONE color from this diagram for each copy:
This is so two people can potentially play on the same keyboard layout. You will likely be required to drive with both at some point.
Times and days available to fight (be generous please). Saturday and Sunday if at all possible. I will try to work with what you got. But remember that you have the potential to fight any entrant, so the more time you have available, the better. Fights under ideal circumstances don't last more than 10 or 15 minutes, but plan for perhaps up to 45.

I will not accept your entry until ALL of the above has been submitted and the bot is approved. If you are confused, ASK ME!

These will be pretty casual tournaments. Since there's only four entrants scheduling should be pretty easy and done on the fly. Preferably be available evenings and weekends. Just don't enter if you can only play at tues at 4:15-4:30am or some crap like that. Use common sense.

The rules are finalized. Welcome the signups.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 11:45:08 PM »
would join but nevermind because i am outside of na and my WiFi is sh**.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 02:42:30 AM »
This post is for future reference (I'll change the OP with each time).

-----------------

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

FORMAT:

-----

THIS WEEK'S RULES:
Pick a HW from the stock AI (except EMERGENCY). This is the bot you will drive for this week :gawe:

-----

APPROVED
BACKUPS/CURRENTLY UNAPPROVED

-----

voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »
signups closed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:50:44 PM by Reier »
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 02:08:44 PM »
:(
i wish my computer didnt crap itself at this very moment yet here we are. but this'll be fun to watch nonetheless! good luck to those competing!
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020