Poll

Will you enter this, and do you want RA2CF component intersections?

I will enter, and I want component intersections.
4 (17.4%)
I will enter, but I don't want component intersections.
7 (30.4%)
I won't enter.
12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Mayfly Mayhem  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mayfly Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 04:01:19 PM »
:I

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
don't you have to have more yes votes than no votes

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 04:35:17 PM »

The nays have a majority of one.

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »

"I will enter but i don't want component intersections"  seems to imply to me that if the current rules are kept, they would not enter.

Offline doot

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 04:46:44 PM »
Its half the entry total you want.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »

"I will enter but i don't want component intersections"  seems to imply to me that if the current rules are kept, they would not enter.

The poll still wouldn't look sexy if the rule was changed, but a rule change would help.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 05:12:27 PM »
Just to clarify a few things:

You currently do not have enough votes to run the tournament as it is.  You only have 3 "I will enter, and I want component intersections." votes, and you need 4.  If you disallow component intersections, you do have enough votes to run the tournament, since you have 7 "I will enter, but I don't want component intersections." votes.  The total number of "No" votes is irrelevant to whether or not the tournament can run; no votes are just to help judge whether the tournament needs tweaking or anything.  (I put the numbers in so that, when they change later, this post still makes sense.)

However, if you're going to wait for a month or two before running (which is fine), I'd ask you to re-run the poll when you actually want to start the tournament, since members coming/leaving can sway what kind of votes you get.  (That's assuming I haven't been fired by then.)

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 05:12:05 AM »
Just to clarify a few things:

You currently do not have enough votes to run the tournament as it is.  You only have 3 "I will enter, and I want component intersections." votes, and you need 4.  If you disallow component intersections, you do have enough votes to run the tournament, since you have 7 "I will enter, but I don't want component intersections." votes.  The total number of "No" votes is irrelevant to whether or not the tournament can run; no votes are just to help judge whether the tournament needs tweaking or anything.  (I put the numbers in so that, when they change later, this post still makes sense.)

However, if you're going to wait for a month or two before running (which is fine), I'd ask you to re-run the poll when you actually want to start the tournament, since members coming/leaving can sway what kind of votes you get.  (That's assuming I haven't been fired by then.)

Alright then. I will  re-run the poll when I'm ready.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.