Author Topic: Deathmatch 2 - Signups Closed  (Read 5892 times)

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
Deathmatch 2 - Signups Closed
« on: May 12, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »

What, another already?  Well, I felt people weren't happy with certain aspects of how the first Deathmatch was handled and I'm at least hoping some much better results and much less angrier people yelling at me.  I'm not trying to sound rude, but I don't want to act like a pushover this time.  In the end, this is all supposed to be a fun project.  Please don't make this less fun for me this time.

GENERAL RULES:
- DSL 2.2 CW's
- IRL Building Style
- 36 (or 48/60/72) Entrants Maximum (See Battle Rules for more details)
- One bot per member.  In the event that signups are filling up slowly, then I will allow Secondary Signups.
- I'm willing to AI if you are not able to, but don't complain what I AI'd your bot or you will disqualified automatically (It will not change once the SBV thread is up.)
- Seeded builders will be allowed to have a reserved spot in the competition if they wish.
- Unseeded entrants will not be reserved, and I cannot allow reserving spots or placeholder bots for any reason
- Blatant Re-Entrants from the first Deathmatch are not allowed, at least update it enough to be different enough for a rebuild
- Any attempt to exploit a loophole will be rejected immediately
- You can send your entrant to me through a personal message through GTM or Discord (ThatRedAceGuy#0948 is my tag if you want to add me and/or just send through there)

BUILDING RULES:
- DSL 2.2 Bots only
- Cruiserweight bots only (399.1 - 600.0 KG)
- Build and enter a design that YOU built yourself  (Yes, I had to make this a rule as I got "placeholder" bots trying to abuse the update rule.  I can understand why, but it makes the 'first come, first serve' thing very scummy)
- I can allow custom AI .py files if you need your entrant to do something specific that would otherwise not be possible with a normal .py file.  However, if it that makes your bot overpowered or is pointless and/or just stupid memes, then the entrant along with the custom AI .py is banned.
- Very Strict IRL Rules Apply (But this time, I will much, MUCH more strict about this rule this time.  Simply put, Don't try and make tryhard bots this time)
- You must have a minimum of two wheels attached and must show controlled movement
- Shufflers will get an additional 200 KG, but that weight must be used for the mechanism itself (Pure Walkers are banned for the fact that I can't AI them.  However, If YOU can get them to work in RA2 and YOU are able to AI it, go for it.  The weight advantage is no different than for shufflers)
- Modular bots are banned this time (They just make things complicated for everyone, and I could probably get a stalemate somewhere if I have specific instructions, even if the builder is lenient.)
- Multibots are allowed, but the total weight limit must have have a at least a 70:30 weight difference (For example, both bots must have at least 180 kg used for a 600 kg total bot)
- The DSC IRL packs and Geice's AP mod for NPC's and batteries will be allowed (Even future releases)
- Weapon spam will not be tolerated.  With that said, I won't limit the number of specific parts for an entrant.  If there is a balance between weapon and it's power, then I can allow it.
- The Mechavore Disc & Minion Disc, However, are different.  You can attach one of them, but I will immediately remove it from your bot and you will compete without them.
- Flamethrower bots are allowed, but using that bot with EternalFlame.py or a similar AI .py is NOT.
- Extenderbots are allowed, but they might be havok bombs, so be careful.
- You can send your own component reskins as long as you provide the necessary files to me when you enter and the ONLY change to said component(s) is the skin.
- The only cheatbot2 Components allowed are the Flatmotor, Slow Flatmotor, and the Overkill/TTD Servo Motor.  Everything else is banned (This means the AS balance patch and any components not in vanilla RA2 are banned.  Do NOT try and dance around this rule this time.)
- BFE, AAM, OBJRA2 and Every Sergepatcher Component Freedom tool, except for the weight bonus one, will be allowed for IRL purposes
- Deliberately terrible bots or joke-bots will be rejected instantly.  Please make something with effort for this.  (Inappropriate names and skins also count)
- You can make an update once and only once (The only exception if it's a skin change or anything extremely minor), but I will stop allowing updates when signups close.
- If an updated bot is illegal, then I will use the original bot you sent me.

BATTLE RULES:
- 3 minute length matches
- The Robot Wars 2016 Arena (Reskinned) will be used for this tournament
- In the event of Secondary Signups, then I will make sure both of your bots do NOT compete in the same heat.
- If a Multibot has 70% of the total bot eliminated, then the whole entrant is considered eliminated, and the heaviest portion of said Multibot will compete in Melees
- Only VERY minor havoks will be shown in a main heat video (or ones that don't really affect any major outcomes), and bots will not be penalized for havoks.  However if a robot havoks more than enough times, then the robot will be eliminated and will be referenced to "technical issues"  (If the builder would like to see a video of the havoks for proof, then I will upload said video, and for the record, I'd say 20 havoks or crashes would be a tipping point for me to just forfeit it and move on).
- If my game crashes enough time for a specific match, then I will take the most salvageable take with the least amount of havoks and do a judge's decisions from the match before the crash.
- If a bot shows no controlled movement at all for about 20 seconds, then I will consider it immobile.  There will be a visible timer for when it becomes noticeable .
- There will be six heats released on a weekly format, with randomised draws for heats and battles.
- Seeded bots will have a decicated heat draw for them.  So Heat A will have Seed #1, Heat B will have Seed #3, Heat C will have Seed #5, etc.
- The Qualifiers will have two melees with three bots in each, the winning bot will advance to the Semi-Fianls, Loser's will go to 1-on-1 Redemption battles, winners of those will advance to the Semi-Finals, and the Semi-Finals and Final will be 1-on-1 fights. (Rematches will be avoided if possible)
- If there is no clear winner at the end, then I will be judging every bot fairly on based on Agression, Style, and Control.  Once a heat is posted, I will post my notes on why I made said decision inside a spoiler tag.  (For more controversial/tougher decisions, then i'll probably post the points in the tag to show my work, and explain why I made said decisions.)
- If I get 36 bots are entered, the Grand Final will be the same as the normal heats
- However, if this tournament is in high demand for it, then I will allow 48 bots to compete, where the Grand Final will have 8 bots will fight in a 1-on-1 classic single elimination bracket style draw.
- However, if this tournament is in very high demand for it, then I will allow 60 bots to compete, ten heat finalists, and four Heat Finalists as wildcards.  Two heats will be dedicated to the wildcards with a round robin style tournament, where the top 2 of their heat will advance back in the tournament.  Then, there will be two Semi-Finals where 8 bots will fight in a 1-on-1 classic single elimination bracket style draw, with the final four in the Grand Final Episode.
- However, if this tournament is in EXTREMELY high demand for it, then I will allow up to 72 bots to compete, where there will be two Semi-Finals that where bots will fight in the heat format, with the final four in the Grand Final episode.

Seeds:

My Entrant:

Prizes:
First place will earn the AI of all the entrants, the arena, and a Robots Designs folder with all the entries to play around with, including the rejected ones.  This assumes the winner would be okay with accepting it.

Signups:
1. RedAce - Catharsis
2. pokebro14 - Shark Attack
3. Hoppin (4) - Fusion
4. Guldenflame - Primodious
5. MrBK - Green Mean Machine II
6. NeonCalypso - Morphle, the Wrathful
7. 8bean (6) - Epilep-Z
8. Badger - Leviathan
9. Arcane - Contaminant Evo!
10. Ra2Winner999 - Unintentional Tombklone
11. Plerco - Solar Storm 2
12. Olister92 - Richter Revo
13. Bildschirm (1) Dualchrom Bones
14. Geese - LAVAStone
15. Mazakari - Erosion
16. Freeziez - Autistic Mechavore
17. Jammy Dodger (5) - Ampilo Despierto!
18. Tails.Inc - Raw Power
19. Xanosz - Black Bird
20. TheRoboteer - Shrike
21. Superbot13 - Shredder
22. PrimevalBrony - Pyrothere
23. TheOrcCorp - General Gwip
24. Qo-- - RedAce's Cute Little Pusher
25. Dragonsteincole (3) - inVasion
26. FOTEPX - Thanato
27. Billy5545 - Breaking Hammers CV1
28. Evil Toaster - Royalty .5
29. Doot - End Game
30. KillerTurtleG - Sherkarator
31. F1Krazy - Mighty Crab
32. Philippa - Executioner
33. FlamesOfIce - First Blood
34. 090901 (2) - MUD RUNNER
35. Badnik96 - Evil Art Project Mk3
36. Superbomb122 - Maelstrom

Black: Recieved
Green Accepted
Red: Problem/Rejected (Reason will be provided and you will be notified.)
Italics: Update Used
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:45:42 PM by RedAce »

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
Re: Deathmatch 2 - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
I could send something, not sh** this time
Things I did & done

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 05:16:51 PM »
Might have to give Orcatraz another rebuild...or make a new robot, definitely will enter this though: very enjoyable! :mrgreen:
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:35:47 PM »
I'll throw my hat in the ring with something again. Hopefully something that puts on a bit of a better show this time.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • guys terraria 1.4 is out
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 10:58:41 PM »
I’ve got an irl cw

Edit: Autocorrect almost made me type irl cow  :laughing
the heavy is dead

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
Which bot do I choose...

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »
I haven't forgotten about this.  I... just haven't really had anything to change that could be changed.

I will say though, that I might actually get signup open just so I can get any entrants I happen to receive ready to go and then if I get lucky, start the SBV thread once classes conclude.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 02:51:04 AM »
I haven't forgotten about this.  I... just haven't really had anything to change that could be changed.

I will say though, that I might actually get signup open just so I can get any entrants I happen to receive ready to go and then if I get lucky, start the SBV thread once classes conclude.

Looking forward to it. Now I'll enter something that isnt boring af. Drop me a dm when you wanna move this forward.
Things I did & done

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 07:14:16 AM »
Is this still pre sign up yet?

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 10:57:19 AM »
Sadly missed the first one, would gladly enter this when the time comes.

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Interior crocodile alligator 🤔
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 02:42:13 PM »
Already sent over a bot. Cant wait  :bigsmile:
Achievements and tournament placings

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Deathmatch 2 - Signups
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 02:44:47 PM »
Thank you man.  So with that...

Signups are officially open!

Well, even if it's not in the signups thread yet, it'll still work I think.

But anyway, signups might be a little weird since the maximum amount of entrants right now is 36, but if I get enough people sending me bots to where an extension would help, then I will extend the limit.  We'll see though.

In the meantime, I have already recieved and entrant from pokebro14.  Will check shortly.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

What, another already?  Well, I felt people weren't happy with certain aspects of how the first Deathmatch was handled and I'm at least hoping some much better results and much less angrier people yelling at me.  I'm not trying to sound rude, but I don't want to act like a pushover this time.  In the end, this is all supposed to be a fun project.  Please don't make this less fun for me this time.

GENERAL RULES:
- DSL 2.2 CW's
- IRL Building Style
- 36 (or 48/60/72) Entrants Maximum (See Battle Rules for more details)
- One bot per member.  In the event that signups are filling up slowly, then I will allow Secondary Signups.
- I'm willing to AI if you are not able to, but don't complain what I AI'd your bot or you will disqualified automatically (It will not change once the SBV thread is up.)
- Seeded builders will be allowed to have a reserved spot in the competition if they wish.
- Unseeded entrants will not be reserved, and I cannot allow reserving spots or placeholder bots for any reason
- Blatant Re-Entrants from the first Deathmatch are not allowed, at least update it enough to be different enough for a rebuild
- Any attempt to exploit a loophole will be rejected immediately
- You can send your entrant to me through a personal message through GTM or Discord (ThatRedAceGuy#0948 is my tag if you want to add me and/or just send through there)

BUILDING RULES:
- DSL 2.2 Bots only
- Cruiserweight bots only (399.1 - 600.0 KG)
- Build and enter a design that YOU built yourself  (Yes, I had to make this a rule as I got "placeholder" bots trying to abuse the update rule.  I can understand why, but it makes the 'first come, first serve' thing very scummy)
- I can allow custom AI .py files if you need your entrant to do something specific that would otherwise not be possible with a normal .py file.  However, if it that makes your bot overpowered or is pointless and/or just stupid memes, then the entrant along with the custom AI .py is banned.
- Very Strict IRL Rules Apply (But this time, I will much, MUCH more strict about this rule this time.  Simply put, Don't try and make tryhard bots this time)
- You must have a minimum of two wheels attached and must show controlled movement
- Shufflers will get an additional 200 KG, but that weight must be used for the mechanism itself (Pure Walkers are banned for the fact that I can't AI them.  However, If YOU can get them to work in RA2 and YOU are able to AI it, go for it.  The weight advantage is no different than for shufflers)
- Modular bots are banned this time (They just make things complicated for everyone, and I could probably get a stalemate somewhere if I have specific instructions, even if the builder is lenient.)
- Multibots are allowed, but the total weight limit must have have a at least a 70:30 weight difference (For example, both bots must have at least 180 kg used for a 600 kg total bot)
- The DSC IRL packs and Geice's AP mod for NPC's and batteries will be allowed (Even future releases)
- Weapon spam will not be tolerated.  With that said, I won't limit the number of specific parts for an entrant.  If there is a balance between weapon and it's power, then I can allow it.
- The Mechavore Disc & Minion Disc, However, are different.  You can attach one of them, but I will immediately remove it from your bot and you will compete without them.
- Flamethrower bots are allowed, but using that bot with EternalFlame.py or a similar AI .py is NOT.
- Extenderbots are allowed, but they might be havok bombs, so be careful.
- You can send your own component reskins as long as you provide the necessary files to me when you enter and the ONLY change to said component(s) is the skin.
- The only cheatbot2 Components allowed are the Flatmotor, Slow Flatmotor, and the Overkill/TTD Servo Motor.  Everything else is banned (This means the AS balance patch and any components not in vanilla RA2 are banned.  Do NOT try and dance around this rule this time.)
- BFE, AAM, OBJRA2 and Every Sergepatcher Component Freedom tool, except for the weight bonus one, will be allowed for IRL purposes
- Deliberately terrible bots or joke-bots will be rejected instantly.  Please make something with effort for this.  (Inappropriate names and skins also count)
- You can make an update once and only once (The only exception if it's a skin change or anything extremely minor), but I will stop allowing updates when signups close.
- If an updated bot is illegal, then I will use the original bot you sent me.

BATTLE RULES:
- 3 minute length matches
- The Robot Wars 2016 Arena (Reskinned) will be used for this tournament
- In the event of Secondary Signups, then I will make sure both of your bots do NOT compete in the same heat.
- If a Multibot has 70% of the total bot eliminated, then the whole entrant is considered eliminated, and the heaviest portion of said Multibot will compete in Melees
- Only VERY minor havoks will be shown in a main heat video (or ones that don't really affect any major outcomes), and bots will not be penalized for havoks.  However if a robot havoks more than enough times, then the robot will be eliminated and will be referenced to "technical issues"  (If the builder would like to see a video of the havoks for proof, then I will upload said video, and for the record, I'd say 20 havoks or crashes would be a tipping point for me to just forfeit it and move on).
- If my game crashes enough time for a specific match, then I will take the most salvageable take with the least amount of havoks and do a judge's decisions from the match before the crash.
- If a bot shows no controlled movement at all for about 20 seconds, then I will consider it immobile.  There will be a visible timer for when it becomes noticeable .
- There will be six heats released on a weekly format, with randomised draws for heats and battles.
- Seeded bots will have a decicated heat draw for them.  So Heat A will have Seed #1, Heat B will have Seed #3, Heat C will have Seed #5, etc.
- The Qualifiers will have two melees with three bots in each, the winning bot will advance to the Semi-Fianls, Loser's will go to 1-on-1 Redemption battles, winners of those will advance to the Semi-Finals, and the Semi-Finals and Final will be 1-on-1 fights. (Rematches will be avoided if possible)
- If there is no clear winner at the end, then I will be judging every bot fairly on based on Agression, Style, and Control.  Once a heat is posted, I will post my notes on why I made said decision inside a spoiler tag.  (For more controversial/tougher decisions, then i'll probably post the points in the tag to show my work, and explain why I made said decisions.)
- If I get 36 bots are entered, the Grand Final will be the same as the normal heats
- However, if this tournament is in high demand for it, then I will allow 48 bots to compete, where the Grand Final will have 8 bots will fight in a 1-on-1 classic single elimination bracket style draw.
- However, if this tournament is in very high demand for it, then I will allow 60 bots to compete, ten heat finalists, and four Heat Finalists as wildcards.  Two heats will be dedicated to the wildcards with a round robin style tournament, where the top 2 of their heat will advance back in the tournament.  Then, there will be two Semi-Finals where 8 bots will fight in a 1-on-1 classic single elimination bracket style draw, with the final four in the Grand Final Episode.
- However, if this tournament is in EXTREMELY high demand for it, then I will allow up to 72 bots to compete, where there will be two Semi-Finals that where bots will fight in the heat format, with the final four in the Grand Final episode.

Seeds:

My Entrant:

Prizes:
First place will earn the AI of all the entrants, the arena, and a Robots Designs folder with all the entries to play around with, including the rejected ones.  This assumes the winner would be okay with accepting it.

Signups:
1. RedAce - Catharsis
2. pokebro14 - Shark Attack

Black: Entrant Recieved
Green Entrant Accepted
Red: Entrant Not Accepted (Reason will be provided and you will be notified.)

Take 2. In signups
Things I did & done

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
Pokebro14's, and Hoppin's bots are accepted.

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »
Does it have to be DSL

and what is CW
Guess who's back

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
Does it have to be DSL

and what is CW
Yes

Cruiserweight.  AKA  >600 KG
I have several opinions.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »
Guldenflame's entrant has been accepted.

MrBK and Arcane's entrants unfortunately have internals clipping each other, and violate the strict IRL rule.  both have been notified.

Also, for people wondering about sending entries through my Discord account, and by that, I mean there's more than on of me.  Well, just to make sure everyone is on the same page:

DiscordProfile.png

Here's the one you want to be sending to.  I also am in the GTM and AHOL server, so... yeah.

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 03:29:22 PM »
Sent you mine, not sure what was going on with the download before

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 03:37:55 PM »
I have received MrBK's and Arcane's fixed entrants.  Both are accepted.

I have also received 8bean's, Badger's and Olister92's entrants.  All three are accepted.

Offline Bildschirm

• Makes RA2 Arenas from scratch and some Tournaments.
  • Rep: 6
  • Has a Fetish for Vertical Spinners
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 03:49:13 AM »
Gonna participate too, need to show my new non tryhard buildskills! :3
I have a showcase! :3
Also some moments... xD