Author Topic: BOTM OCTOBER 2017  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: BOTM OCTOBER 2017
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »
>all these hard lads salty over the free markets choice of botm
color me shocked :rolleyes:
Can you legitimately stop acting like some form of sh**posting cunt for 2 minutes? Just because you wanted it doesn't mean everyone else wants it.

H A R D  L A D
beep beep

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »
Just because you wanted it doesn't mean everyone else wants it.
I wanted it, Geice wanted it, 09 wanted it, MNB was clearly fine with it, I imagine apanx is whipping up a pony in a wheelchair right now...

Do you want me to continue?
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
The only rule for this BOTM is easily followable. Because the one rule is appearance based, you build a Stock HW piston gut ripper, IRL-SHW Horizontal Clamp, IF-CW VS, or anything else you can think of. There's more freedom than your average BOTM.

And you don't actually need a waifu. You can just get some pictures of a crippled fictional character and we'd be none the wiser.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 05:59:00 PM »
I wanted it, Geice wanted it, 09 wanted it, MNB was clearly fine with it, I imagine apanx is whipping up a pony in a wheelchair right now...

discord was a mistake

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »

discord was a mistake
Yeah, too many greedy malicious bastards.

edit: Skype wasn't much better tbh
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 06:03:30 PM »
The only rule for this BOTM is easily followable. Because the one rule is appearance based, you build a Stock HW piston gut ripper, IRL-SHW Horizontal Clamp, IF-CW VS, or anything else you can think of. There's more freedom than your average BOTM.

And you don't actually need a waifu. You can just get some pictures of a crippled fictional character and we'd be none the wiser.
Exactly mah boii. I expect most of the meme bots to be sh**. Build a good combat effective robot with a sorta kinda Halloween waifu related splash, and you'll probably win.

Also, we just had a serious botm,  and like 2 people entered serious robots. Where were you guys?
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »

5-6 people doesnt speak for the majority of GTM
Things I did & done

Offline doot

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »

Oh, don't worry. Through borked logic, I'm certain that the people who speak out against it will get quelled because something something bullsh** argument.

Offline Dreamcast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 06:07:44 PM »

We'll care about the low sampling size when that's less than the amount of people who build serious robots for serious BOTMs.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »

You wanted an utterly garbage BOTM theme...is that so one of you guys could actually win it finally with a joke entry like all the "memey" entries you've entered in the past? They're really not a joke anymore...I mean c'mon, it's meant to be on the front page! It's what people see when they visit GTM. Hoppin's entry was great and creative. RedAce just won the last BOTM and that was good! Heck, Thracker won with Mean Bean Drilling Machine or something months ago and that was a MEME done right! So many people have voiced their discontent with this theme because it's just silly. Surely you can respect that and make it a theme that everyone can take part in and not just you lot who want to seemingly indulge in your fetishes or whatever. The website isn't just about you. :P
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Thyrus

• Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 06:08:49 PM »

A list of people I have nothing but respect for...

also: Lol. Memes. Funny.

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 06:11:42 PM »
so how come when last botm of sooper srs none of you kiddos actually entered something :really_makes_you_think:
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 06:12:20 PM »

We'll care about the low sampling size when that's less than the amount of people who build serious robots for serious BOTMs.

If you give people the chance instead of having ****ing trash themes lile this one, then yes people will build more seriously 
Things I did & done

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »
so how come when last botm of sooper srs none of you kiddos actually entered something :really_makes_you_think:

Picked the two deadest meta wonder why:really_makes_you_think:
Things I did & done

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 06:14:23 PM »

I believe we're on about Stock/Ironforge right? Stock is just spam rubbish and oooh look OP bot...Ironforge is just Ironforge.
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline doot

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »
Apparently disinterest is a virtue that people do not seem to realise or some sh**.

If I don't want to do a BotM, I do not want to do a BotM. I'm speaking out against this one simply because this is something that could have been good going to sh** because of a stupid ruling that no one but the sh**posters want.

Offline Dreamcast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 06:19:01 PM »
You wanted an utterly garbage BOTM theme...is that so one of you guys could actually win it finally with a joke entry like all the "memey" entries you've entered in the past? Right, because the chair didn't win?

They're really not a joke anymore...I mean c'mon, it's meant to be on the front page! It's what people see when they visit GTM.
And if one of you skilled people enter, they'll see a good splash with a anime character on it, that's not gonna drive away traffic. (Unless all the rest of you make sure a meme robot wins by intentionally voting for or not entering yourself.) Do remember this comment about "what people see when they first visit"

Hoppin's entry was great and creative. RedAce just won the last BOTM and that was good! Heck, Thracker won with Mean Bean Drilling Machine or something months ago and that was a MEME done right! Then they can build something good this time too, no?

So many people have voiced their discontent with this theme because it's just silly. Surely you can respect that and make it a theme that everyone can take part in and not just you lot who want to seemingly indulge in your fetishes or whatever.
This is actually true. But remember that comment about "what people see when they first visit"? Newbies won't understand this self indulgence. So the only real flaw won't be seen by them and they'll just see a splash :dumb).

If you care about BOTM so much, you'll build in it.

I'm speaking out against this one simply because this is something that could have been good going to sh** because of a stupid ruling that no one but the sh**posters want.

A rule that isn't harming anyone because you can still build any kind of design with this ruleset. This isn't Ubermod, 3wd pyramid, must have Axes.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 06:19:27 PM »
Apparently disinterest is a virtue that people do not seem to realise or some sh**.

If I don't want to do a BotM, I do not want to do a BotM. I'm speaking out against this one simply because this is something that could have been good going to sh** because of a stupid ruling that no one but the sh**posters want.

Besides, we had a household item BOTM a month or so ago...if you wanted to make a wheelchair bot (maybe you did, I can't remember.) then you should have made it then.

It's just frustrating.

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2017, 06:25:48 PM »

Maybe people don't enter because they either don't know what combat effective is (myself included), or because it seems like a generic-enough BOTM that people are more interested in seeing what others made.

I feel like this BOTM is only been proposed so Enigma can feel better about his situation. Maybe just making jokes isn't enough for him anymore. But what would I know, I'm not a greedy, malicious bastard. ;) I'm just someone who would rather not see bullsh** like this posted to the detriment of others for the sake of the 5-6 people who'll get a laugh out of it.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2017, 06:57:46 PM »
this is dumb

you're all dumb

it's not worth throwing a hissy fit about

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain