Author Topic: Orc's Wars  (Read 40104 times)

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
Re: Orc's Wars
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »
I have several opinions.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 03:05:53 AM »
Don't think I don't notice that Wario: Master Of Disguise music. That's some good stuff, my man.

Gotta love that Wario music, right? Do you mean the video was good or the music? :mrgreen:
Yes.
Good answer.  ;)

GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »
Behold: HEAT B! :mrgreen:
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 04:23:27 PM »
Heat C is here: brace for impact!

Also just to note...

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 04:43:15 PM »
Things I did & done

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »
Heat D is here!

I'm also gonna be checking over entries sent to me for the LW/MW/SHW end of series events later on! :mrgreen:

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »
St10 boxes woo :V
Things I did & done

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »
Manticore makes me sad.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 03:47:37 PM »
Just an update on Weightclass entries I've received since the last time:  :mrgreen:

Lightweights:
Bladeface by JDG
Mini Wings by TGM
Sunflower by DSC

Middleweights:
Dominotrix by Kurt
Mini Green Machine by MrBK
DeathStar by PokeBro
Sir Lance A Frog by DSC
Up Wings by TGM
Tiger Beat by JDG

Superheavyweights:
Mega Great White by MrBK
Shapeshifter by Roboteer
Super Carbonize by DSC

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 11:51:04 AM »
Heat E is here!

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 04:48:20 AM »
As this tournament technically violates the display board rules it cannot be allowed to continue in said board. It can however be allowed to continue on the off-topic section.
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »
I hate to drag this discussion on even more, but I feel that Orc's wars was wrongfully ripped of it's Display tournament title.
You may use any freely available robots in AI packs or on the Robot Exchange with explicit permission of the builder. You may ask people for replicas but any competitive bots are not allowed to be entered, and you must not show who entered what robot. You may, however, make a list of people you thank in your thread (remembering not to mention their entry). This is due to these tournaments being non-competitive and for viewers only.
All robots in both tournaments were given straight to the owners, thus it stays within the ruleset. 
The only difference I see is that Orc's Wars doesn't list who made the robots, while Ironbound lists them within the videos, thus breaking the rules.

He even made a post which listed the builders, but not the robots they built.
Robots featured have been built by Doot, Doodlez, Drago, Evil Toaster, Fox, Golden Spartan, Gulden, Hoppin, Jamie, JDG, Mattiator, MrBK, Mystic, Neon, myself, Primeval, Rattus, Roboteer, Tashic, TGM, Thyrus and KillerTurtle!  :mrgreen: Side events may be needing some bots so I'll let people interested on here about that soon after qualifiers. :)
I have several opinions.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
The robots being given to the host directly is itself a violation. The rules state taken from AI packs or pre-existing bots on the exchange. Bots can be submitted like you state if they're replicas.
But like we've said, the whole system is going to get a rework. Just bear with.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 07:43:42 PM »
Looking cool so far. Any of mine in this?

There is not unforunately! Robots featured have been built by Doot, Doodlez, Drago, Evil Toaster, Fox, Golden Spartan, Gulden, Hoppin, Jamie, JDG, Mattiator, MrBK, Mystic, Neon, myself, Primeval, Rattus, Roboteer, Tashic, TGM, Thyrus and KillerTurtle!  :mrgreen: Side events may be needing some bots so I'll let people interested on here about that soon after qualifiers. :)

who am i, chopped liver?

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 08:09:16 PM »
The robots being given to the host directly is itself a violation. The rules state taken from AI packs or pre-existing bots on the exchange. Bots can be submitted like you state if they're replicas.

This rule is stipid imo. Why would someone not be allowed to get bots for a display tournament that isn't a official one and thatdoesn't count towards anything. Big tournaments like this can bring more people to the game and its a cool way for people to send in many designs to see what works and what doesn't.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 08:30:03 PM »

This rule is stipid imo. Why would someone not be allowed to get bots for a display tournament that isn't a official one and thatdoesn't count towards anything. Big tournaments like this can bring more people to the game and its a cool way for people to send in many designs to see what works and what doesn't.

We've posted in multiple locations that this is something we are working on rewriting as we speak.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »
I appreciate the discussion about the rules guys and seeing stuff is being considered but can it please not be here? Thank you very much! In other news, I'll be posting a special rumble and hopefully Heat F later for a triple bumper kart of action! :mrgreen:

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
Looking cool so far. Any of mine in this?

There is not unforunately! Robots featured have been built by Doot, Doodlez, Drago, Evil Toaster, Fox, Golden Spartan, Gulden, Hoppin, Jamie, JDG, Mattiator, MrBK, Mystic, Neon, myself, Primeval, Rattus, Roboteer, Tashic, TGM, Thyrus and KillerTurtle!  :mrgreen: Side events may be needing some bots so I'll let people interested on here about that soon after qualifiers. :)

who am i, chopped liver?

Hi chopped liver
Things I did & done

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 05:11:40 PM »
HEAT F IS HERE:

Also...have a 2 part special rumble dedicated to Jamied666's birthday!

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 08:35:57 AM »

I don’t know the conversion rate