Author Topic: Tunngle  (Read 4318 times)

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Tunngle
« on: October 10, 2010, 09:07:11 AM »
not to long ago i discovered a program called Tunngle that, just like Hamachi, creates a digital LAN connection. the big difference? Tunngle works WAY better. you'll never have relayed connection with anyone in the same room, there is way more space for people in one room and i tested this with RA2 together with Timothy (who was in BBEANS6) and noticed there being much less lag for the one joining the match. lag is still there, but there is notably less of it.

http://www.tunngle.net/en/

this is still in Beta, so not all functions are there (like creating your own room) but it is perfectly usable.
"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tunngle
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:23:02 AM »
Could be handy.
It would be great if we could get lag free online play, I'd love their to be some tournaments that require driving skill rather than just AIing everything.

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
lag free would be best yeah but we don't have that luxury. i'm happy enough with this lag reducing find.

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »
lag free would be best yeah but we don't have that luxury. i'm happy enough with this lag reducing find.
Well even if this gets popular here, i'm sure people would be able to improve it.

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
Sounds like a better version of Himachi. Cool.

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
yeah i know. next time i'll film a match with Timothy and post it to show the difference. well i don't use hamachi anymore, but you can see how it is now then.

Offline Little lost bot

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Apparently jumping onto band wagons.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
I'll give this a shot maybe my com will not mind this one.

Edit: Not looking good got a warning that my "Windows" is not officially tested  :confused: . Ok XP off the disk out of the package is not official?

Edit: It can't initialize the network adapter. Dam another one that won't work with this com.

Is taking one challenge request. First come first serve. I'm a bit rusty now but I'm going to try and crank something out for this. MW and up no glitches DSL or Stock.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 12:21:44 AM »
props on finding another program.. hope it works

I looked into another one for online RA2 a few months ago which looked promising but for some reason didnt like being installed with Hamachi also installed so I didnt bother to ask anyone if they wanted to test it since nobody would want to uninstall Hamachi :P

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 01:22:07 AM »
props on finding another program.. hope it works

I looked into another one for online RA2 a few months ago which looked promising but for some reason didnt like being installed with Hamachi also installed so I didnt bother to ask anyone if they wanted to test it since nobody would want to uninstall Hamachi :P
I don't have hamachi...

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »
i have hamachi and tunngle, both running at the same time without trouble. Tunngle works well, when low ping with others in a room on Tunngle, you'll pretty much have reduced lag. it is pretty well playable as me and Timothy experienced. and me and timothy both have... $|-|!7 internet connection.

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »
i have hamachi and tunngle, both running at the same time without trouble. Tunngle works well, when low ping with others in a room on Tunngle, you'll pretty much have reduced lag. it is pretty well playable as me and Timothy experienced. and me and timothy both have... $|-|!7 internet connection.
Great, I should definately check this out in a bit as I has uber tinterwebz connection :mrgreen:

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »
think it will be the same as me and Timothy had really. but it shows that even with a bad internet connection, you can fight with a good lag reduction.