Robot Arena Matches > Online Battles

Artemis Robot Challenge - Parsec IRL HW competition

(1/7) > >>

Mystic2000:
so, i've noticed, that the parsec hype basically died completely after the 2 weeks following it's discovery, this is rather saddening, and i'd like to "fix" that, with the first official parsec comp (i know, technically you could argue that RA Invitational is the first, but it seems dead and stuck in limbo)

HW 1V1 single elimination
IRL building
Arena will be the Containement Cube
8 spots max (starting small)
BFE and RA2CF will be allowed within reason
flatmotors and overkill servo being the only cheatbot2 components allowed
extenderbots will be banned to limit crashes and havok issues
controls will be either WASD or arrow keys
before the comp starts i will do a quick showcase of all the entrants to show that i haven't interfered with the bots in any way
havoks that cause a robot to glitch into the arena, or teleport OOTA will lead to a restart, as well as game crashes
thoughts ? rules that need to be added ? interest ? post it all

Badger:
interesting idea, I think online battles strongly lend themselves to IRL building styles though. I could see extenderbots being an issue netcode-wise in that case. In any case, I'm interested to see how this goes!

Mystic2000:
yeah but IRL also leads to "IT'S TOO OP" or "IT'S NOT REALISTIC ENOUGH" or "IT'S GOT 4 TYPHOON TEETH IT'S TRYHARD WEAPON SPAM", and other salt and garbage like that i'd like to avoid having to deal with, extenderbots if they're really too much of a pain regarding lag and crashes/havok i could just ban them outright anyway

Badger:
eh, I think IRL has been around long enough that what's acceptable and what isn't is fairly well defined. And I think the element of human control opens a lot more doors in the IRL ruleset than the DSL-S ruleset. Of course, it's your tournament, but that's my perspective on it FWIW.

Mystic2000:
eh fair point, online really changes the way the meta works, i've seen it when Thadzingo 3, which in normal AI tournaments is pretty broken, got ****ing humiliated in a Parsec match because it's opponent was just outdriving and outsped it at every turn, i guess i'll switch to IRL, will just ban extender bots for the sake of havok/crashes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version