Author Topic: Anyone near San Diego?  (Read 4904 times)

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Anyone near San Diego?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:22 AM »
The trouble with online battles is that there can be quite a bit of inconsistency between hosts. For example, there's a video somewhere of Scrap Daddy, Ounce, and I forget the third participant, and Scrap Daddy's machine was spinning like a top. The video showed his bot edging along the arena wall, but Scrap believed he was moving towards Ounce's bot, which was in the middle of the arena. So you and your opponent could end up with completely different outcomes.
Great.
[/sarcasm]

Even more the reason for you to stick around the forums and submit bots for tourneys instead.  Bonus points if you learn how to AI the bot.  Aw c'mon, its fun really! Trust me!

It is a good deal of fun. =D If you start a showcase, members give you advice on how to improve your bots, and they will gradually become more competitive in a tournament environment as you learn various tricks. Simplest ones would probably be Stacking and the eFFe Glitch. Sage has some great tutorial videos for them, I would recommend them to literally any newcomer to the boards. And I usually do. Plus, with an AI tournament, the bots are more evenly matched, so you don't have to worry about your driving skills.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »
lol regardless of the lag, online is awesome

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 10:54:25 PM »
^ That man speaks the truth. Sometimes lag makes everything more fun.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »
I remember mine and Dooms online battles..

Like when on his game he pinned me against the wall and spun around in celebration...

While on my game I was taking him apart with my spinner..

Then the 2 caught up (sorta) and Doom saw his robot randomly falling apart while he was spinning around in celebration :P

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »
This talk of online makes me miss the good old days... we need to get together and play sometime.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »
This talk of online makes me miss the good old days... we need to get together and play sometime.
dude me and sage and ounce and r0b0 and drier and inf used to play all the time why didn't you play

Offline The Ounce

• Rep: 4
  • Up and about
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »
dude me and sage and ounce and r0b0 and drier and inf used to play all the time why didn't you play
Yeah, good times.  We definitely should have some online battles soon.  Not today though: I'm busy.
Tournament Record: 94 Wins - 50 Losses
Challenge Record: 2 Wins - 2 Losses