Author Topic: Tommy's Lego Bots.  (Read 22794 times)

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tommy's Lego Bots.
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
Aaaand it's been decided! I had a play-off battle between Circuit Chipper and U.S.O, and it ended in 2 hits.

The winner...

CIRCUIT CHIPPER!

Yup, he still moves through. His weapon destroyed U.S.O's structural integrity.

With that being said and done, it's time for the ULTIMATE finale, a round-robin style tournament where everyone fights each other 1-on-1.

Let's introduce our competitors!

A lot of bots, and this is the ULTIMATE finale to Bot Wars, the War of the Weapon Finale! It's a round-robin-style tournament, where each bot fights each other, we means we will know FOR SURE, which one of these bots is the best of the best! There's 16 bots, so there's gonna be 120 fights in total, so I'll have to break it up into parts. It'll take me a while to do all the fights. 15 rounds with 8 fights each.

Who do you think will win the most rounds? Leave a comment down below!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2018, 03:30:30 PM »
Aaall right! Time for the first round!

As I've mentioned before, there will be 15 round, each round having 8 fight. A Bot Wars style-heat has 10 fights, so this should work.

This will be the match-ups for the first round:

8 rounds, 8 bots, 8 winners, 8 losers.

Which 8 bots do you think will be the winners?! Leave a comment below, and for the love of GAWD, don't just list ONE robot's name. Is it really that hard to type these bot names?

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2018, 06:28:23 PM »
Here's the results!

Vice Grip VS Triosk. Winner: Triosk
It was a pretty bland fight, neither bot's weapons were able to take the other one out. Triosk however got some good hits near the end, thus securing his win.

Prowler VS Dozer. Winner: Prowler
Prowler went ape-sh** crazy on Dozer, using its weird design to crawl all over Dozer, who's rear end literally FELL off early on in the fight. Prowler's constant aggressive attack combine with some good pushing gave him the win.

Rhino VS Zerschlagen. Winner: Rhino
Zerschlagen put up a decent effort against Rhino, swatting away his opponent's axe weaponry numerous times. However, at one point Zerschlagen got his weapon stuck on the low wall of the arena, getting pinned and losing.

Yin-Yang VS Pumpjack. Winner: Pumpjack
Pumpjack's weaponry alone didn't do much. No, it was Mr Psycho's hammer that did Yin-Yang in, after he pushed Pumpjack into the corner, endangering both him and his opponent at the claws of Mr.Psycho.

Ramminator VS Big Bad Biter. Winner: Big Bad Biter
Big Bad Biter simply picked off all of Ramminator's wheels, securing his win.

La Machine Reborn VS Circuit Chipper. Winner: La Machine Reborn
Yup, that's right, La Machine Reborn secured the win over Circuit Chipper by flipping him out of the arena. (Ok, it was more like pushing him over the low arena wall.)

Debranator VS Silver Knight. Winner: Debranator
Do I even need to explain? An unceremonious Oota for our knight of the realm. (The knight that isn't Killalot.)

Blue Moose VS Nonja. Winner: Blue Moose
Blue Moose was always the superior machine, enduring some hits before out-maneuvering and flipping Nonja Oota.

All right, on to round 2!

Who's gonna win? Leave a prediction down below!

I'll see you guys...uhh...probably not tomorrow, most likely the next day. I'll be working on my Mr.Psycho replica in DSL2.2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2018, 11:47:28 AM »
Anyone here? Starting next heat I'm adding FULL fight summaries which are written after every match, that way you can tell how these robots fight, how they won, how they lost, and so forth. So, is anyone still here? I'm eager to post the next round, but I don't like double-posting, hence why I'm so beggy for comments.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2018, 05:26:18 PM »
**** it, more posts together it is. 4th post in a row, doesn't matter.

Anyway, here's the results of the previous round, this time with full fight summaries. Here we go!

Rhino VS Dozer
Vice Grip VS Ramminator
Prowler VS Pumpjack
Triosk VS Zerschlagen
Yin-Yang VS Circuit Chipper
Debranator VS Big Bad Biter
La Machine Reborn VS Nonja
Blue Moose VS Silver Knight

On to Round 3! (I'm not doing predictions this time, cause I think it jinxes the fights.)

So, who are you guys rooting for?

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I'm Sorry/Tommy's Lego Bots.
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2018, 08:37:37 PM »
I'm not sure if anybody is still reading these, but to those who still care, I'm sorry. I keep begging for comments and expecting you to spend time typing just to fuel a man-child's hobby. I'm not sure if it's that, or just that this has gotten stale. All I know is that I've expected too much interest in something that initially got almost nobody's attention. And no matter what I do, it's just gonna stay that way. Or just fade into obscurity, which it probably already has.

Regardless, I'm finishing what I started, and for anyone who's interest in the tournament returns to them, I'll be sure to give brackets and battle descriptions. After this round robin tournament, I'm gonna revise all the competitors. Upgrade them, rebuild them, scrap them, make new bots, revive old retired bots, basically resetting everything and make things fresh again.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »
Do it for fun, not for views

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2018, 11:17:57 AM »
Do it for fun, not for views
Right.

At this point I'm just finishing the tournament the way I started it: On here.

At the moment, I've been delayed not because I'm waiting for replies, but rather because I'm doing it at my own pace. That and I got REALLY invested in the anime My Hero Acadamia, took up my free time.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2018, 09:51:43 PM »
Ok, sorry for the delay, I was typing ALL kinds of descriptions and stuff and at the last second I accidentally clicked exit tab. I tried reopening it and it didn't save ANYTHING. It briefly ruined my interest in running this tournament. It's difficult, I enjoy doing the tournaments, but I hate all the writing. But, if I ever want to remember these fights, let alone share them with you, I need to do it.
Here's the results of last round:
Triosk VS Ramminator
Rhino VS Pumpjack
Vice Grip VS Debranator
Prowler VS Circuit Chipper
Dozer VS Zerschlagen
Yin-Yang VS Nonja
Blue Moose VS Big Bad Biter
La Machine Reborn VS Silver Knight

Aaaand now, time for round 4:
Who's gonna win? Well, hopefully I'll post the results soon. I gotta get this tournament finished before my family and I start moving to a new house.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2018, 11:12:22 AM »
Giving Dozer the win if it can pin its opponent

Debranator is a menace, but I hope Triosk would win

Hopefully Circuit Breaker, it looks pretty cool

Blue Moose

Prowler for the meme

Ramminator

Yin Yang

Rooting for La Machine Reborn

Gotta say, even though I don't really post here much, these bots are really cool!

Thanks dude! Sorry for the late reply, I tend to reply along with posting the next round, and since posting the next round is such a chore, I kinda don't do these as often.

Because of that, starting next round I'm just gonna post the fight results, and not do summaries. Just WAY too much work.

But for now, here's this:
Dozer VS Pumpjack
Triosk VS Debranator
Vice Grip VS Blue Moose
Prowler VS Nonja
Ramminator VS Zershlagen
Yin Yang VS Silver Knight
La Machine Reborn VS Big Bad Biter

Aaand onto round 5:

So, who's gonna win? Find out hopefully soon, since from now on I'm not doing fight summaries. The more work I have to do for this series, the less motivated I am to do it, and considering that I'm moving soon, I've gotta get this done ASAP.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
...yeah, ASAP my ass. I'm still not able to do this thing regularly. I'm fighting with the same robots over and over again. It's not as interesting as it was before. But at the same time, I also want to know the results of this tournament, and I'm not letting it pass. That and I keep getting these crazy surprises. Unfortunately, I didn't write down what happened, I got tired of having to type millions of paragraphs that only interest me.

I regret that decision. That round had some crazy fights, and I didn't type anything about them.

I'm gonna try recording them this time, and then use a different format that makes editing easier.

With that said, here's the results of last round, with vague descriptions of what I could remember of the fights.

Here's Round 6:

Who's gonna win? When will I post the results? We'll find out later on! See ya then.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2018, 07:11:03 PM »
Again, not much motivation to type these paragraphs. But I'd feel bad for not writing them. Makes me wish I could just record them with a camera. But until then, here's some fight reviews:

And here's the brackets for this round:
WHEW! This format is WAY easier to work with. Who's gonna win? Find out next time I eventually post something! Comments would always be appreciated!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2018, 10:24:37 PM »
Alright, I'm back, I had to stop the tournament because I moved to a new house, and the carpeting there I initially thought wouldn't work as an arena floor. However, I was wrong. Turns out, it CAN work, which means I don't need to build a wooden arena. All I have to do now is just rebuild the arena I had before and start this thing back up again.

With that said, here's the long over-due results for Round 7 of the War of The Weapons final tournament:

I won't be putting up the fight brackets for next round JUST yet, I've gotta rebuild my arena first.

I'll also be posting the mid-tournament battle-stats, listing how many wins and losses each bot has had so far.

Please leave a comment below so that I know you, the audience, are still there. It's been a while.

I'll see you all then!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »
Ok, so I got some bad news: I decided to cancel the rest of the WOTW tournament. It was just dragging on for WAY too long.

But, here's some good news: A brand-new tournament is in the works featuring rebuilt competitors and rebuilt house robots, in a BRAND NEW arena!

Since my phone is broken, I'll have to use my laptop webcam to take pictures. I'll post some screenshot of the progress I'm making on the house robots!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2018, 01:42:18 PM »
Ok, so I used my chromebooks webcam to take these pictures.

Here's a WIP of the revisions of the original house robots. This time, they're customized in design to be more combat effective, rather than more accurate.
First up is Shunt:

IMG_20181022_112449.jpg

Shunt is gonna get new bigger horns at the sides, that way when he's flipped, he'll only land directly on his head, from which he'll be able to self-right, with his new, GIGANTIC pickaxe!

IMG_20181022_112456.jpg

Next up, Matilda. Matilda will be the first bot in Bot Wars history to use a METAL weapon.An old rusty bar I found in the middle of the street. He proportions will be changed to accommodate for her literal big ass spinner. Plus her tusks have been reverted to their more classic setup.

IMG_20181022_112513.jpg

Next up, Sgt. Bash!

IMG_20181022_112536.jpg

The first house robot to be revised, Bash is simply gonna be bigger, badder, and brutaler. His crushing beak is bigger, and he's getting a longer flame-thrower. I'm also gonna make him look more like a submarine instead of an aircraft carrier, that way he's less vulnerable to vertical spinners. He won't look as cool, but he'll be harder to damage.
Next, Dead Metal!

IMG_20181022_112607.jpg

New bionicle claws and a study chassis for starters. Later, I'll add his saw mechanism, and for the sake of simplicity I'll be using the old system Dead Metal used in Robot Wars series 1 and 2. It'll be modified so that he can even self-right.
Lastly for today, Sir Killalot!

IMG_20181022_112657.jpg

He's gonna be MUCH heavier this time around. His arms will enable him to self-right, assuming he can even be flipped anymore. He's also got articulated elbow joints, just like his real life counterpart! He's also using more bionicle parts for decoration, as well as a butt-load of technic parts for durability.

Next time, I'll show off the other 4 house robot in their current WIP states!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »
Oops, forgot to show the rest. Oh well. Here's the finished version of Mr.Psycho and Matilda. As you can see, their designs deviate from the originals: Psycho uses wheels, wheelguards, and a red plow to fight off spinners, and Matilda uses a gigantic metal bar I found on the street, as well as self-righting wings. I wish I could add a sri-mech to Mr.Psycho, but couldn't. (Maybe later)

IMG_20181213_150121.jpg

(BTW I don't ship these two. I'm a MatildaXShunt kind of guy.)

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »
:really_makes_you_think:

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2018, 09:12:45 PM »
Yes, and Killalot is the ex on good terms. No cucking here.

Speaking of which, here's Killalot. SIR Killalot.

IMG_20181213_190804.jpg

IMG_20181213_190819.jpg

He's still a space marine, but now with a medieval flair, with the Bionicle Hordika chestplate and foot-piece. I gave him wings because I thought they made him look better. He's only SLIGHTLY heavier than Matilda, and of course lighter than Mr.Psycho. I'm worried that out of the original four, Matilda is going to be disproportionally the largest and heaviest.

What do ya'll think of these redesigns so far?

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2018, 06:26:57 AM »
Yes, and Killalot is the ex on good terms. No cucking here.
:really_makes_you_think: :really_makes_you_think: :really_makes_you_think:

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2018, 06:54:17 AM »