Author Topic: Tommy's Lego Bots.  (Read 22846 times)

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Used to suck at IRL, probably still does.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tommy's Lego Bots.
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2018, 04:45:20 AM »
i'll root for Silver Knight cause it looks like a cross from the RW Iron Man and Obwalden Overlord

also you're tempting me to make my own lego bots comp and post it on GTM, should i ?
Robocraft Username: Bob5768
PSN Username: Bob5768

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2018, 05:21:26 PM »
i'll root for Silver Knight cause it looks like a cross from the RW Iron Man and Obwalden Overlord

also you're tempting me to make my own lego bots comp and post it on GTM, should i ?
Go for it dude, I'll check it out!

As for Silver Knight, believe it or not he made it to the FINAL 3.

However, the overall winner is...ONYX! It was between him and Oscar, and Onyx's signature grappling abilities made it easy for him to send Oscar over to Mr.Psycho's hammer. Despite getting hit FIVE TIMES Oscar still was in one piece and moved fine afterwards. However, the hammering swayed my judge decision in favor of the crappy crusher Onyx.

On to the next heat!
Who's gonna win? Leave your guesses down below!

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2018, 05:38:47 PM »
Iron Golem is a g
Things I did & done

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2018, 06:02:13 PM »
Hoping for a Poseidon win
OOOHHH so close! He made it all the way to the finals, and what an epic journey it was.

Earlier on, in the main tournament, we saw abysmal performances by Poseidon in both his heat and the wild cards.

This one was different. He destroyed Big Bad Biter and Iron Golem in his path to victory. He even tore off one of Mr.Psycho's treads! In the final, he faced Debranator, and although he lost, it was THE most intense heat final I've seen in a long time. The first half consisted of Poseidon ducking and dodging Debranator's launcher, getting in some hits but losing on aggression. At first he tore out one of Debra's flipping "fangs", but after that nothing serious. At one point Debranator launched Poseidon nearly oota, but he was stopped by an impact into Cassius Chrome's face.

Then came the final 30 seconds, where he finally did more damage, tearing of Debranator's spoiler and a top armor plate. Final 7 seconds, Debranator launches Poseidon into the path of Mr.Psycho's hammer upside-down. Psycho takes revenge on Poseidon and hammers the vulnerable under belly, killing him. Last 3 seconds, and Debranator launches the dead Poseidon oota, in an epic conclusion to a great match.

Usually, I get pissed when flippers beat spinners, but this was a great fight, and Debranator earned that win.

Final heat, and this time there's 9 robots in it. So, let's get going!

So, who's winning this beast of a heat? Who are you rooting for? Leave your comments down below!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »
USO and SteamPunk Reject are both very nice, hopefully USO can pull a win. I like space themed robots
Well...you were close with one of them.

Very close. USO destroyed nearly ALL the competitors at some point in some round, including Steampunk Reject, who wasn't as durable as I had thought. The 5-way melee was amazing, I saw 4 bots try to gang up on USO, and they failed to take him out. They all took damage, one getting completely destroyed and another I think was simply immobilized.

It was the heat final between Rhino and USO, and interestingly enough Rhino was destroyed in a previous round by USO. It was the longest any robot had lasted 1on1 with USO that entire heat, but even Rhino's near indestructable design got obliterated in the final minute. However, he lucked out in the rematch in the heat final. All it took was a hit to the wedge and USO flipped itself over onto it's back, and lost. Rhino was technically the winner, but the true champ in my heart was USO. The pride of all the spinners in Bot Wars.

Anyway, enough chit-chat, here's our American grand final, in all of it's glory:
So this is the American Championship Final! Next I'll be deciding which bots who failed to make it to the world championship should get a second chance.

Anyways, who do you think is gonna win? Leave your guesses down below...

...and uh...real talk.

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »
Always Blue Moose

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
Always Blue Moose
Correct!

Blue Moose is our American representative! It was a tense match between him and Futerra 9000. At one point Futerra got in a scuffle with the house robots, and went as far as to flip Growler, Cassius Chrome, and even Sir Killalot! Mr.Psycho was too heavy. Anyway, he got sent out of the arena by the vengeful Sir.K, who righted himself.

Another notable incident happened with Debranator, who was at one point thrown out of the arena, but then threw herself BACK IN. I forgot which round she lost in though.
Now then, on to the grand final, which is ALSO 9 bots!
Who's gonna be the world champion?
LEAVE YOUR GUESSES DOWN BELOW.

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2018, 06:13:01 AM »
Snap Dragon will always be my favourite I'll root for it

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2018, 05:15:52 PM »
Snap Dragon will always be my favourite I'll root for it
Unfortunately, he was the second bot to be eliminated. Strangely enough, the major world powers that were represented in this competition were eliminated early. China, America, then Russia. I think that was the order.

Aaand our world champion is...CREAMSICLE, from the Netherlands!

Yeah, it was a HUGE surprise for me too. Especially because it was against former world champion and Japanese representative MANslaughter. It wouldn't seem to make sense. Manslaughter was faster, had more flipping power, and was overall a more successful robot. Through dumb luck, Creamsicle threw MANslaughter out the arena, thus claiming the title.

Now then, on to the next event, possibly the final event:

The War of the Weapons!

Basically, I have every bot of a certain type of weapon, or range of weapons, fight eachother in qualifiers to see who is the best of their kind. I then take those bot and pit them against eachother to see which bot has the best weapon. Some bots are the only ones of their kind, so they get an automatic pass.

The automatic passes are-
These bots won't be fighting per se, but, they will be in the War of the Weapons Grand Final.

Now then, let's get to the smaller qualifying bouts first. None of these weapon groups can make a full heat, and I'm not combining them. I'll just cluster them all together as separate, mini heats.

First, here's the Crusher -Up, part 1:
Then we have Lift-Off!
And finally, SNS, FTW. Sit-n-spin, for the win!

So, who's gonna win the first Cruncher Crunch-up?
Who's gonna win the Lift-Off?
And finally, who's gonna win the SNSFTW?

You know the drill.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
Alright, here's the results:

Crusher Crunch-Up 1:
Sit-n-Spin, For The Win:
Lift-Off:
And now, on to the Axe Attack! (Which only features one axe-bot. The rest are hammers.)

Who do you think is gonna win? Leave a comment down below.

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2018, 04:46:30 PM »
Always snap dragon if he's involved

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
Always snap dragon if he's involved
Well...he WAS close. He made it to the final 3, but was ganged up on Iron Golem and Rhino. Thus, it was those two who made it to the finals.

And the winner was...

IRON GOLEM!

I know, it's weird, right? You'd think a bot as unimpressive as Iron Golem would lose to a younger, yet far more promising opponent. But, that's not the case. Although Rhino was very resistant to horizontal spinners, he was quite vulnerable to hammers. Iron Golem took advantage of this in the final. He even celebrated by getting into a fight with Mr.Psycho, and surviving, albeit losing an eye...and his shape.

Now then, on to the Crusher Crunch-Up Part 2!
Who's gonna win? Leave some guesses down below!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »
Really guys? No response for 5 days? Well, I guess I shouldn't be too mad. I mean, it's not like it's you guys' job to respond. Still hurts though.

Anyway, the winner was Big Bad Biter, and...I don't remember who he beat in the final. I waited too long for a response for the previous post and ended up forgetting the entire final. All I know is that he won.

I also remembered at the last moment that there was a fight that broke out between the house robots, specifically Sir Killalot and Cassius Chrome. What happened was that Killalot ended up throwing a competitor into CC's face, starting a brawl, with neither bot gaining any real advantage.

With that said, here's something a little more interesting than crushers, or at least I hope so. It's the flipper frenzy! Basically an annihilator-style tournament, numerous flippers will fight in a series of rumbles, with 2 bots getting eliminated each rumble. Those 2 will then have a playoff bout to see who is truly out. It's my little twist off a type of Robot Wars fighting tournament style.

I've also decided to separate some flippers due to their unique nature, giving them automatic qualification as a representative of their version of their weapon. These bots include-

Aaand now we have our rumble of flippers. Let's check-em out!
Who's gonna win? Leave a comment down below!

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
I remember Debrinator being a beast in the main comp

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
I remember Debrinator being a beast in the main comp
She automatically goes through on the basis that she's the only 4-bar launcher bot in Bot Wars.
Gaspy, as ever. Although Shazam is quite nice as well.
Umm...I think it was Gaspy who lost first, maybe second.
Shazam lost half-way through.

The most noticeable thing that occured throughout the first half of the Flipper Frenzy bouts was that Maximus kept picking a fight with MANslaughter, the bot that threw him into the wall 4 times in a row in the main tourney. He actually achieved vengeance, throwing MANslaughter out the arena and MANslaughter later losing the subsequent play-off bout.

And the winner of the Flipper Frenzy is...

BLUE MOOSE!

It was between him and Shadow. The two were evenly matched, but Shadow kept on getting into Mr.Psycho's corner, taking hits from his hammer. Eventually, Mr.Psycho knocked loose the internals on Shadow, and he was eliminated. While Sir Killalot snipped wheels and tossed Shadow around, Blue Moose attempted to lift Mr.Psycho, but failed. Psycho responded by pummeling Blue Moose with his hammer, but eventually he got toppled onto his side. Just as Killalot was about to intervene, the timer went out.

With that said, I'm making an announcement:

Since I'm having variants of weapon types count as a separate category from the main, the axe-bot Rhino is reinstated into the competition, as the sole axe-bot. The 5 hammer bots he fought will have a re-match, in the form of a small rumble.

In case you don't remember the other bots from the hammer-bot-special, here's the list. One of these bots will move on as the best hammer bot in the competition.
So, who's gonna win this time? Leave your guesses down below!

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2018, 06:12:02 AM »
I'm still going to stick with Snap Dragon even thought he always lets me down, It's a bit like an abusive relationship we have

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2018, 12:24:37 PM »
I'm still going to stick with Snap Dragon even thought he always lets me down, It's a bit like an abusive relationship we have
XD

Unfortunately, Snap Dragon performed even worse this time around, his batteries once again getting dislocated, TWICE.

No the winner was Pumpjack, and he had to beat Iron Golem in the final. And OH MY GOD IT WAS BORING! Jesus Christ, I couldn't even commentate on it! It was SOO BAD.

Anyway, time to wash that bad taste outta my mouth with the final weapons qualifier: The Spin-Off!

3 different kinds of horizontal spinners will be tested: Full Body Spinner, Directional Spinner, and Full Body Spinner. There's 12 bots, and each one will participate in a destruction-derby style competition where they destroy as much stuff as possible within a certain time limit.

Here's the bots! One bot from each category will move on to the weapon war finals.
Overhead Spinners:
Directional Spinners:
Full Body Spinners:

Now, you're probably wondering what exactly these bots are destroying, so, I'll show you. Most of these came from a lego set I bought a month ago for spare parts, but some of the designs I made myself:

I'll award different amounts of points for different things getting damaged or destroyed. HOPEFULLY I can still collect all the pieces by the end of it.

Who will be our 3 winners? Leave your guesses down below!

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »
not sure about winners but the idea of smashing things up for points is a cool concept

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
not sure about winners but the idea of smashing things up for points is a cool concept
Thanks! I have our 3 winners!

For overhead spinners, the winner is Zerschlagen!

For directional spinners, it's Nonja!

And for full body spinners, the winner is...Circuit Chipper?

That's right, not U.S.O, but the old legend Circuit Chipper. I don't know how, but the amount of destruction Circuit Chipper did was higher, more stuff was broken, despite U.S.O clearly being more powerful in combat.

This can be changed however. Which bot would YOU rather see move on? Circuit Chipper or U.S.O? Maybe a play-off battle?

Also, I'm taking a break from the tourney, kinda got stale doing it every day, and then every other day. I want the finale to be epic. I'm thinking of a great round robin style tournament. What do you guys think?

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2018, 04:21:44 PM »
Play-off battle is the only way