Author Topic: Political Compass Thread  (Read 13989 times)

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Still can't make robots after 20 years.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Mr.Kinch
Re: Political Compass Thread
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »
No. There shouldn't. Easy as that.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2017, 07:58:58 AM »

Should we impose mandatory castration for white cis males? I mean its just an opinion guys

also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2017, 10:31:37 AM »

Should we impose mandatory castration for white cis males? I mean its just an opinion guys
  (Image removed from quote.)
yes
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2017, 08:48:17 PM »
Some of the questions are better but it's a pain in the arse when they ask you how you feel about 2 things in the same question, an example being, "Do you think that euthanasia and suicide should be legal?". I agree with one but not the other.
I don't understand why you wouldn't want suicide to be legal, like... what are you gonna do, throw the corpse in jail? Oh, that'll teach it a lesson :dumb)

idk it's 2am and I'm tired, I'll fill this in tomorrow

It's about the act of trying to do it. Should there be a punishment for it if you try?

Punishment as a result of crime is an antiquated system anyways. In a significant number (not all) cases, some form of rehabilitation would be much more productive.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2017, 09:08:46 PM »
No victim, no crime.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2017, 09:52:11 PM »
No victim, no crime.

Eh, it isn't quite the victimless crime it appears to be on the surface. There can be a significant amount of emotional trauma inflicted on friends and family.

#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2017, 02:43:00 AM »
No victim, no crime.

Eh, it isn't quite the victimless crime it appears to be on the surface. There can be a significant amount of emotional trauma inflicted on friends and family.
hurting someone's feelings != crime

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2017, 02:53:14 AM »
Get to the point where life is going so badly wrong that you'd rather end your own existence than suffer through another day: Not a victim.
Know someone who tried to kill themselves: The real victim.

mmmokay

/s
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:48:52 AM by Kurt »

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2017, 04:33:43 AM »
Get to the point where life is going so badly wrong that you'd rather end your own existence than suffer through another day: Not a victim.
Know someone who tried to kill themselves: The real victim.

mmmokay

I'd say they're both victims, to be honest. There has clearly been some sort of failure if someone was driven to that point, but the sheer trauma that close friends and family can suffer is definitely immense.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2017, 05:56:20 AM »
I don't fully agree with MNB's statement but, in the situation of attempted suicide, there definitely is no victim and there most certainly is no crime.

Some of the questions are better but it's a pain in the arse when they ask you how you feel about 2 things in the same question, an example being, "Do you think that euthanasia and suicide should be legal?". I agree with one but not the other.
I don't understand why you wouldn't want suicide to be legal, like... what are you gonna do, throw the corpse in jail? Oh, that'll teach it a lesson :dumb)

idk it's 2am and I'm tired, I'll fill this in tomorrow

It's about the act of trying to do it. Should there be a punishment for it if you try?

Punishment as a result of crime is an antiquated system anyways. In a significant number (not all) cases, some form of rehabilitation would be much more productive.
David Mitchell said a great thing about timorous and reckless people on WILTY. He said warnings are put in place in order to create order for the reckless people. However, that leaves the timorous ones in a state of 'perpetual terror'. So, I think that, even though rehab is very good and should be used with prisoners, I do believe punishment should exist as a deterrent to even commit any crime. So, in the end, in theory, all the timorous people won't even consider committing a crime, whilst the reckless ones are significantly deterred.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2017, 06:47:09 AM »
Someone who attemps suicide needs help, not punishment.  Being forced into a mental institution by the government isn't what I'd consider help either.

Also, punishment for crime should focus on making the perpetuator pay restitution to the victims.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »
http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/intentional-infliction-of-emotional-distress.html

"...the actor must intend to cause severe emotional distress or know that severe emotional distress is likely to occur."

This isn't really what I meant.

David Mitchell said a great thing about timorous and reckless people on WILTY. He said warnings are put in place in order to create order for the reckless people. However, that leaves the timorous ones in a state of 'perpetual terror'. So, I think that, even though rehab is very good and should be used with prisoners, I do believe punishment should exist as a deterrent to even commit any crime. So, in the end, in theory, all the timorous people won't even consider committing a crime, whilst the reckless ones are significantly deterred.

This is why i said some but not all. Was simply stating that punishment wasn't the only or best answer.

#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2017, 12:16:55 PM »
http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/intentional-infliction-of-emotional-distress.html

"...the actor must intend to cause severe emotional distress or know that severe emotional distress is likely to occur."

This is why i said some but not all. Was simply stating that punishment wasn't the only or best answer.
I should've said IMO. I'm fully aware that hurting someone's feefees can be a criminal offense. I think that that is really stupid, even in extreme cases.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2017, 11:17:40 AM »

I should've said IMO. I'm fully aware that hurting someone's feefees can be a criminal offense. I think that that is really stupid, even in extreme cases.

Ah, understood.

#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »
Did that spekr thing.

Got -44 cultural and 1 economical.

Liberalism master race.

Offline RTC

• Antweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Owen Wilson on Ritalin and 'Roids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2017, 03:15:17 PM »

LEFTISTS.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »
Wanted to revisit this to see if I changed any in the past few years

Didn't screenshot my compass test but it was Geice's, except a bit closer to the center.
I'm becoming less authoritarian but more right wing, even tho I've landed in the centre (on the left/right spectrum, at least)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2020, 01:45:12 PM »
very cringe thread, I disavow all my old posts