Author Topic: Political Compass Thread  (Read 13990 times)

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Political Compass Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 06:29:15 PM »

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2017, 07:21:52 PM »

Ok then.
Didn't Win Anything Award GTM 2K17
Notable Tournament Entrees:
Bacon Emergency: 2nd Place in Emergency exit.
Spinner From the North: 2nd Place in SFTW Showdown
Abominable: 1st place in the MW division of The Cybernetic Colosseum

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Still can't make robots after 20 years.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Mr.Kinch
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2017, 04:20:32 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Some of the questions are better but it's a pain in the arse when they ask you how you feel about 2 things in the same question, an example being, "Do you think that euthanasia and suicide should be legal?". I agree with one but not the other.
But the one is just medically assited suicide so they are both suicide :really_makes_you_think:

Actually no. Euthanasia can be committed under both medical and normal terms of suicide where ever you are in the world, for example if you wanted to die or needed help in committing suicide; your friend can just grab a gun and shoot you at anytime, or a medical reason like your friend pressing the off switch on a life-support machine at anytime  to turn off life support, so you can slowly die. However either way, that would be classed as murder and that person who assisted you in euthanasia will be charged with the same charges as a murderer. The only time euthanasia is legal is when the government medically allows a person to die or turn off life-support in certain cases like if you're terminally ill or fully paralysed, then the government will allow it in certain cases.

Face it, euthanasia is still the same as suicide no matter what. Even when you think it's more to do with medical terms, euthanasia can still happen outside of government relation and hospitals themselves.

It's not though. Euthanasia is LEGAL suicide whereas suicide is illegal (or that's how it should be). To me, euthanasia makes sense because the person isn't able to live anymore. Suicide however, is done by people who can still work. They should be working to help the economy, not ending their life because they are down. Everyone can become depressed sometimes in their life, you need to fight through it. Not give up and let others suffer because of your lack of self-motivation.

I'm sorry, I won't admit that they are the same. They are the same in concept but done for different reasons and therefore cannot be treated the same. 

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2017, 04:27:54 AM »

Some of the questions are better but it's a pain in the arse when they ask you how you feel about 2 things in the same question, an example being, "Do you think that euthanasia and suicide should be legal?". I agree with one but not the other.
But the one is just medically assited suicide so they are both suicide :really_makes_you_think:

Actually no. Euthanasia can be committed under both medical and normal terms of suicide where ever you are in the world, for example if you wanted to die or needed help in committing suicide; your friend can just grab a gun and shoot you at anytime, or a medical reason like your friend pressing the off switch on a life-support machine at anytime  to turn off life support, so you can slowly die. However either way, that would be classed as murder and that person who assisted you in euthanasia will be charged with the same charges as a murderer. The only time euthanasia is legal is when the government medically allows a person to die or turn off life-support in certain cases like if you're terminally ill or fully paralysed, then the government will allow it in certain cases.

Face it, euthanasia is still the same as suicide no matter what. Even when you think it's more to do with medical terms, euthanasia can still happen outside of government relation and hospitals themselves.

It's not though. Euthanasia is LEGAL suicide whereas suicide is illegal (or that's how it should be). To me, euthanasia makes sense because the person isn't able to live anymore. Suicide however, is done by people who can still work. They should be working to help the economy, not ending their life because they are down. Everyone can become depressed sometimes in their life, you need to fight through it. Not give up and let others suffer because of your lack of self-motivation.

I'm sorry, I won't admit that they are the same. They are the same in concept but done for different reasons. 
Saying that suicidal people are being selfish for removing themselves from the workforce is pretty heartless.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2017, 04:35:15 AM »

I'm sorry, I won't admit that they are the same. They are the same in concept but done for different reasons. 
Saying that suicidal people are being selfish for removing themselves from the workforce is pretty heartless.

It's not heartless at all. It's selfish not to help the economy that others are working for. Why should the majority suffer because of a few?

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2017, 04:41:01 AM »

It's not heartless at all. It's selfish not to help the economy that others are working for. Why should the majority suffer because of a few?
It certainly is. Nobody is choosing to be suicidal, by your logic should we also force the elderly and children to work, lest they take more from society than they give?

Anyway, you might be able to make the case for it being a good utilitarian idea, but I don't see how you can claim that it's not a heartless proposal.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »
I thought you UKIP nerds kept wanting to make more jobs, so if someone kills themselves then good news, job available, stop being a dick. But for real though, if someone has gotten to the point of suicide then it's a major thing, not just a little upset about things, and they need help, or are the concepts of emotions and compassion too difficult for you? If I was told how selfish and lazy I was for wanting to kill myself back when I genuinely did, that's helping nobody, and would've probably pushed me over the edge.

Ergo: Shut up.

Offline Bobyasianboy

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 6
  • ****in' magnets, how do they work?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 04:42:46 AM »
Suicide however, is done by people who can still work. They should be working to help the economy, not ending their life because they are down. Everyone can become depressed sometimes in their life, you need to fight through it. Not give up and let others suffer because of your lack of self-motivation.
out of all the retarded sh** i've seen on gtm, this is probably the most retarded

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 04:54:35 AM »

It certainly is. Nobody is choosing to be suicidal, by your logic should we also force the elderly and children to work, lest they take more from society than they give?

Anyway, you might be able to make the case for it being a good utilitarian idea, but I don't see how you can claim that it's not a heartless proposal.

To throw it out there, I hate the welfare state in Britain and am so against most welfare in the country. If a person who is 16 can work then they should. That goes up to the age of 65.

While I see that it is ethically wrong to propose it, I am for it. Just like I am for the death penalty, I guess.

I thought you UKIP nerds kept wanting to make more jobs, so if someone kills themselves then good news, job available, stop being a dick. But for real though, if someone has gotten to the point of suicide then it's a major thing, not just a little upset about things, and they need help, or are the concepts of emotions and compassion too difficult for you? If I was told how selfish and lazy I was for wanting to kill myself back when I genuinely did, that's helping nobody, and would've probably pushed me over the edge.

Ergo: Shut up.

Firstly, my UKIP membership should be taken lightly. Just because I'm in the party doesn't mean I believe in everything they stand for. Even what you said though counters itself, the job is already taken. I was in the same position when I was younger, I understand what it's like to have those emotions. I powered through it though, it took over a year but I came out of it and now I'm happier than ever. I understand, of course that wanting to commit suicide is not just a phase but it's something everyone can get past in their own way. Alright, I have no problem with taking time off work to sort problems but like I say, these things don't take a week. That's why you have to deal with it, just power through.

Suicide however, is done by people who can still work. They should be working to help the economy, not ending their life because they are down. Everyone can become depressed sometimes in their life, you need to fight through it. Not give up and let others suffer because of your lack of self-motivation.

out of all the retarded sh** i've seen on gtm, this is probably the most retarded

Opinions are great, aren't they?

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 05:04:27 AM »
To throw it out there, I hate the welfare state in Britain and am so against most welfare in the country. If a person who is 16 can work then they should. That goes up to the age of 65.
Would that include people in further education (i.e. 6th form or Uni)? Even people persuing degrees that would not make them more marketable in regards to the workplace? Should people not have freedom to do what they want with their lives, even if that includes not working (for whatever reason)? Going further, should dedicated stay-at-home housewives (without children) be forced into work?

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 05:13:44 AM »
Would that include people in further education (i.e. 6th form or Uni)? Even people persuing degrees that would not make them more marketable in regards to the workplace? Should people not have freedom to do what they want with their lives, even if that includes not working (for whatever reason)? Going further, should dedicated stay-at-home housewives (without children) be forced into work?

(Thank you for shortening xD)

Yes, even if you only working for a few hours a week. It's better than nothing. No, I don't believe so. If you are able to work then you should be because society revolves around everyone working together.

You have me there, though. It depends really on what they actually do at home and of course, that's too hard to monitor.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2017, 05:16:37 AM »

Yes, even if you only working for a few hours a week. It's better than nothing. No, I don't believe so. If you are able to work then you should be because society revolves around everyone working together.

You have me there, though. It depends really on what they actually do at home and of course, that's too hard to monitor.
Would you say that it's just morally wrong to intentionally stay out of work, for whatever reason, or would you legally force people to work in that situation, even if they aren't claiming benefits?

Oh, and would you include the mega-rich who wish to retire at like 35, and live off their wealth for the rest of their life?

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2017, 05:33:51 AM »

Would you say that it's just morally wrong to intentionally stay out of work, for whatever reason, or would you legally force people to work in that situation, even if they aren't claiming benefits?

Oh, and would you include the mega-rich who wish to retire at like 35, and live off their wealth for the rest of their life?

I would certainly say that it's morally wrong as you aren't contributing. As for not claiming benefits, that's a different story. That's another case by case scenario as you may be contributing in a different way like being a volunteer. It all depends on how you are getting your money to live.

My dad retired at the age of 55 and hasn't worked since and yes, I'm not happy with it. As for the mega-rich, it's a different situation. Basically, I'm on the fence about it. I would appreciate if they continued to work but obviously, if they contributed way more than the average then I could see it as being acceptable, especially if they were doing charity work after.

Edit: in other news, I somehow came out as a centralist on spekr. Don't know the exact score.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »

tfw you meme too hard
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2017, 09:04:19 AM »
who gives a sh** if someone kills them self it's their body they can do what they want with it
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Asbestosstar

• Most Bizzare of 2017. Also2nd Best new host of 2017
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
    • Asbestosstar Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Asbestosstar.com
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2017, 11:14:47 AM »
Only attempted suicide can be illegal. Otherwise, you'd be prosecuting a dead person. Or, you'd be prosecuting the family on behalf of the deceased, which is absurd. If someone were to attempt suicide, Mouldy, what would the penalty be? I know it's very nice to be a staunch supporter or something rather out of the norm for someone your age but try to always think logically and not pedantically.

So, if one were to attempt suicide and fail, they would then be fined or ordered to do community service. This doesn't help their situation. Now, not only do they have extreme emotional distress (possibly brought upon by something out of their control) which they can only barely handle but, they have a court order on their hands. This will escalate their situation further as they will think that they are being persecuted for wanting to kill themselves (they don't care if you are not intentionally persecuting for that reason.) This could, more than likely, tip them over the edge and they will have another crack at it and they'd probably succeed the second time. Congrats, you've killed a person.

No-one has contribution to society on their mind when they are contemplating suicide. They want to kill themselves to get out of the hell hole which is life. They're disconnected from the society you're trying to force them back into and to work for, anyway. Also, if they kill themselves, how will that affect the functioning and efficiency of society? If everyone needs to work together to band for one another, if someone kills themselves, that's one less mouth to feed, anyway. Believe it or not, Mouldy, but I don't think society is crumbling at the moment because some people that commit suicide are leaving an extremely small amount of job vacancies.

You and me are like birds of a feather sometimes, Mouldy, but on this issue, you come across as extremely ignorant and heartless.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
@Mouldy, your opinion is hella shallow and also extremely over-simplistic. You don't need to work to contribute to the economy. All the economy is is purchasing and selling of goods. As long as you're spending money, you're putting money in somebody else's pocket.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain