Author Topic: Opinions from a guy you shouldn't give a sh** about  (Read 3486 times)

Offline doot

Opinions from a guy you shouldn't give a sh** about
« on: November 12, 2017, 07:01:38 AM »
So I really wish I didn't have to give out my overall opinions on GTM right now, but honestly, with the overall problems I've been having with generally trying to keep relations here and the general demeanor right now, I really think I need to just to get my point across.

Recently over the past 4-5 weeks, I've been at my absolute worst that I have been right now, not just on the forums in general, but IRL as well. I've just gotten so depressed that I just don't want to even continue being anywhere and I just feel like garbage, but it doesn't help when anytime you have issues, you get mocked for opinions, and that feels like what I currently happen to be in today.

A few of the members have also gotten on my nerves, and while I don't want to name names, there's a distinct reason why I never want to return back to GTM's discord because it's too... I'm not going to say it, because people will meme it to oblivion, like with that whole "GTM death" thing, and it just feels like a kick to the teeth everytime I see stuff like this happen.

I have also expressed taking a leave from tournament hosting after RoboGames, but after some deliberation, it'd be better if I left the community for a good while. When there are a few people that make the experience awful, it just doesn't make you want to continue on any further.

That's my terribly worded and inconcise opinion, anyway. I know people will make fun of me, but honestly, that's what I've come to expect now. Might as well get it over with already.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Opinions from a guy you shouldn't give a sh** about
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 07:29:44 AM »
Come on dude, you know what people around here do to guys who write long drama filled paragraphs.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:14:18 AM »
Come on dude, you know what people around here do to guys who write long drama filled paragraphs.

Doot, I know what you're trying to do but you should know that people won't acknowledge this properly here. I'd advise removing it.

However while this is here, I'd just like to say the fact he feels he needs to address this situation shouldn't even be a thing anyway. The people who have affected him haven't just "memed" him or made fun of him. It's straight up harassment and shouldn't be happening. Yes a joke is a joke but this is going too far, especially to the point where "I know people will make fun of me, but honestly, that's what I've come to expect now.". That's horrendous for a community: the people involved should be ashamed of themselves.

How do we expect a community to stick together when people do crap like this? All this is doing is breaking an already small community in half and then the game will die. I don't want that, I'm sure a lot of people of other people don't want that either. Like he said, take your shots at me if that's how you get your jollies here but if that's the case, maybe this community is already dying.
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:45:51 AM »

Doot, I know what you're trying to do but you should know that people won't acknowledge this properly here. I'd advise removing it.

However while this is here, I'd just like to say the fact he feels he needs to address this situation shouldn't even be a thing anyway. The people who have affected him haven't just "memed" him or made fun of him. It's straight up harassment and shouldn't be happening. Yes a joke is a joke but this is going too far, especially to the point where "I know people will make fun of me, but honestly, that's what I've come to expect now.". That's horrendous for a community: the people involved should be ashamed of themselves.

How do we expect a community to stick together when people do crap like this? All this is doing is breaking an already small community in half and then the game will die. I don't want that, I'm sure a lot of people of other people don't want that either. Like he said, take your shots at me if that's how you get your jollies here but if that's the case, maybe this community is already dying.

nobody asked him to stay yknow
beep beep

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »

Could you please clarify by what you mean by that, Shield? I would hate to think you're speaking for everyone here and implying nobody would miss Doot if he left.

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »
I'd personally hate for him to leave.
I'd lose my main tournament hosting rival.

I have several opinions.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »
Dems, take a one/two month break from gtm or any social media... Try and sort your irl issues first (if you currently have any)
Hope im not the one that gets on your nerves

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
Could you please clarify by what you mean by that, Shield? I would hate to think you're speaking for everyone here and implying nobody would miss Doot if he left.

Nobody is demanding d00t stay when d00t is hurting.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »
A few of the members have also gotten on my nerves, and while I don't want to name names
You seemed pretty eager to name names in the ARC discord chat.  :rolleyes:

For the record, you seem to be one of the only guys (I'm talking like 2-3 people here, if even that) that take offense to my presence out of the various robot combat communities I've been in. Weird stuff, I gotta say.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »

That to me sounds like you're saying: "It's okay for the harassment/"jokes" to happen, if he wants it to stop, HE can leave." Please correct me if that is not what you meant but it's how it came across.

I don't want this big situation to happen, I'm not saying Doot is completely innocent but neither is the other party. It's not nice seeing him slowly deteriorate because of all of what he is going through, so why don't we stop the thing that is easily fixable?

If he needs a break, fair enough. However, I'd be sad to see him permanently leave as without Doot, I probably wouldn't have come here with such an interest and passion for tournaments and DSL.
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
A few of the members have also gotten on my nerves, and while I don't want to name names

(Image removed from quote.)

For the record, you seem to be one of the only guys (I'm talking like 2-3 people here, if even that) that take offense to my presence out of the various robot combat communities I've been in. Weird stuff, I gotta say.
tbf, that number was higher when you first joined here.

@Doot, why not try the new GTM discord.  It has cool moderators like TGM and Avalanche. 

https://discord.gg/SHdxTez
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »
ok since you seem to think none of the memers on gtm can be serious, which im assuming im one of, i'll be serious for a minute even though youre prolly not gonna read this
i know what its like to be at your lowest and absoutely in the sh**ter ive talked this a million times on dicord/skype but i dont think ive brought it up here but after my mom died i bottled up depression for a good four years and was completely in a funk, not letting anyone know how i was feeling and i got to the point where i'd drink pretty much every day until i was completely numb to everything that was happening around me. it got to the point when  i was 15 that i would burn myself with cigarettes just to feel anything, because i thought that little of myself and that was the only way that i would actually feel anything. that was also when i attempted suicide but was able to convince myself not to. i dont know if what youre going thru is more or less extreme than what i did, but the reason why im posting this is that even thought you might think that the main people on the discord are a bunch of assholes who have no emotions and exist to sh**post, thats not true at all and i've talked about it at least multiple times on there when you were still in the discord that i'm always willing to talk to anyone thats in the sh**ter because ive been there too man, so if you dont think you have anyone to talk to, you know where to reach me

tldr thanks for reading my blog
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

tbf, that number was higher when you first joined here.

@Doot, why not try the new GTM discord.  It has cool moderators like TGM and Avalanche. 

One of those things is not like the other...

Offline ty4er

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 01:24:52 PM »

That to me sounds like you're saying: "It's okay for the harassment/"jokes" to happen, if he wants it to stop, HE can leave." Please correct me if that is not what you meant but it's how it came across.

I don't want this big situation to happen, I'm not saying Doot is completely innocent but neither is the other party. It's not nice seeing him slowly deteriorate because of all of what he is going through, so why don't we stop the thing that is easily fixable?

If he needs a break, fair enough. However, I'd be sad to see him permanently leave as without Doot, I probably wouldn't have come here with such an interest and passion for tournaments and DSL.
are you saying the harassment/jokes aren't okay? gtm and the internet has been like this for ages, literally nothing has changed other than people playing the game less, so it seems people sh**post more when there's much less of that on the forums now imo
DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »

are you saying the harassment/jokes aren't okay? gtm and the internet has been like this for ages, literally nothing has changed other than people playing the game less, so it seems people sh**post more when there's much less of that on the forums now imo

Yes, I'm saying the harassment isn't okay. I'm well aware what the internet is like but this is a community. Granted, you do have a point: less people now so you're more likely to be seen sh**posting, that's very true. Thing is, surely there should be a time to stop? Jokes are jokes until they go too far and that's how it looks in Doot's case.

Offline ty4er

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 01:37:58 PM »

Yes, I'm saying the harassment isn't okay. I'm well aware what the internet is like but this is a community. Granted, you do have a point: less people now so you're more likely to be seen sh**posting, that's very true. Thing is, surely there should be a time to stop? Jokes are jokes until they go too far and that's how it looks in Doot's case.
I find it a tad unfair that the majority should curb their behaviour in order to satisfy the few, even if the few are interacting with the game more. I don't think it is so hard to ignore a large part of the sh**posting and build bots/host tournaments instead, but I guess I wouldnt know as I'm part of the 'problem'

we're a very welcoming community with a lot of the sh**posting being just old memes from the site, the discord server is where all the fun is, surely there's no issue if you just aren't a part of the server?
DSL Showcase

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »

Harrassment and jokes are not the same dude.
Things I did & done

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 01:49:50 PM »

I find it a tad unfair that the majority should curb their behaviour in order to satisfy the few, even if the few are interacting with the game more. I don't think it is so hard to ignore a large part of the sh**posting and build bots/host tournaments instead, but I guess I wouldnt know as I'm part of the 'problem'

we're a very welcoming community with a lot of the sh**posting being just old memes from the site, the discord server is where all the fun is, surely there's no issue if you just aren't a part of the server?
If it stayed on the Discord server, then it'd still be not ok. Except you have people like AS and Avalanche (or whatever alt he has that hour) on other Discord groups dragging this sh** up for everyone to see, to the point where those other groups have rules about discussing GTM and it's drama. It's probably a large contributing factor towards how Doot feels atm because what he said was dragged up by AS in a number of other places.
As for the jokes? Meh. The harassment however, unacceptable. An admin joining in just to further the 'joke' at someone's expense (regardless of Apanx's newness to the role and being one of that group of sh**posters)? Absolutely not on. GTM has been like this for ages, you are correct in saying that, but it's evident that there's a lot of people here who are sick of the garbage-tier sh**posting, and tired of seeing the same people like AS and Ava (and plenty more) causing the drama by either actively partaking in it, or egging on others to start it. It's evident that there's a growing section of the userbase here on this site that is now had enough and is willing to call this out, and those who do have every right to do so in trying to get this changed for the better.

Offline ty4er

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »

Harrassment and jokes are not the same dude.
all the ''''harassment'''' I've seen on the forum is done as a joke (mostly at his expense, still a joke tho), nobody legit hates doot as far as I know

unless you think 99% of the internet is harassment

If it stayed on the Discord server, then it'd still be not ok. Except you have people like AS and Avalanche (or whatever alt he has that hour) on other Discord groups dragging this sh** up for everyone to see, to the point where those other groups have rules about discussing GTM and it's drama. It's probably a large contributing factor towards how Doot feels atm because what he said was dragged up by AS in a number of other places.
As for the jokes? Meh. The harassment however, unacceptable. An admin joining in just to further the 'joke' at someone's expense (regardless of Apanx's newness to the role and being one of that group of sh**posters)? Absolutely not on. GTM has been like this for ages, you are correct in saying that, but it's evident that there's a lot of people here who are sick of the garbage-tier sh**posting, and tired of seeing the same people like AS and Ava (and plenty more) causing the drama by either actively partaking in it, or egging on others to start it. It's evident that there's a growing section of the userbase here on this site that is now had enough and is willing to call this out, and those who do have every right to do so in trying to get this changed for the better.
I'd still say those who aren't happy with the sh**posting are the minority, not to mention how elitist gtm is as a whole anyway which I don't think will ever truly change. again, I don't see a huge difference between the jokes and the 'harassment', yall take gtm too seriously and expect us to owe you something for contributing, which hasn't been a thing on gtm atleast since I've been here tbh

although I do agree lra2 is retarded and gets obsessed with drama way too easily, we can't really do much more about what people do elsewhere though
DSL Showcase

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »
Well, if it is a joke, quite a lot of people don't think it is. The only thing we owe each other is to get along in the community. Nothing else, nothing more. Like I said earlier, jokes are jokes until they go too far and this one of those times. People wouldn't be standing up for Doot if they didn't think it'd gone on long enough.

Also I completely agree with DSC about apanx, he's done fantastic work but to be an admin and be on this "joke" is unacceptable. This shouldn't be a thing where everywhere Doot goes, he has to face this same bloody problem again. All Doot is asking for is for this charade to end. It's gone beyond a joke, it isn't funny anymore, please end it.