Author Topic: New Member? Introduce Yourself!  (Read 18916 times)

Offline cephalopod

New Member? Introduce Yourself!
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:00:34 PM »
This is a thread for new members to introduce themselves to the rest of the community.

Older members, please do not use this thread for general discussion, just for replies to introductions.

On behalf of the GTM Staff I'd like to welcome any new members to GTM, and hope you enjoy your time in the community!
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline HavokMcSplosion

• I AM THE KING OF HAVOK EXPLOSIONS!
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • My profile pic is me after school.
    • View Profile
    • Clickbait
    • Awards
Hi. I be n00b.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »
Hi.  My brother found robot arena and showed me it, but my bots always sucked. I want to learn how to build actually good robots for once, and I hope to have a good time here at GTM.

Offline cephalopod

Re: New Member? Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 09:32:42 PM »
Threads merged.
Welcome to GTM :)
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 11:59:36 PM »
I'll only post this once.
Welcome to Gametechmods. You're ours now. Here's what you can expect. You'll stay for a while, see a few threads, learn a bit, and see a few new things. You'll bookmark the place for further reference. This is where it all begins. Before too long, you'll find yourself checking on GTM in increased frequencies. First it'll happen occasionally during the week. Then once every day or so. Then more frequently. You'll find yourself checking on it twice a day. Three times. Once per hour. Before you know it, you'll be browsing it for hours at a time. Slowly, your life will take a back-seat to Gametechmods. You'll find yourself forgetting to call people. You'll be late for work because you'll be reading showcase threads. Slowly, your life will decline into a mindless chaos. As GTM slowly consumes your mind, your humor will be replaced with our humor. You'll become glued to GTM. It'll be the only place you feel accepted. And then, you'll start accepting the robotic combat community. You'll find yourself browsing the Battlebots wiki, the Robot Wars wiki, BuildersDB, and all sorts of odd things you used to find boring. But now it'll all be commonplace for you, as a normal part of your life. Your personality. And then, someday down the road, you'll realize what has happened to you. Your loved ones will have left you. You'll be alone. Unemployed. Struggling to survive. And worst of all, you'll be hooked. You won't be able to fight it, because we will be all you know, and all you remember. You'll slowly dissolve into madness, or mindless stupidity. Whichever comes first. And then, one day, you will snap, and all remains of your former self will be crushed under our weight. Welcome, my friend. Welcome, my brother. Welcome to your new home. Welcome to Gametechmods.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline CMDR Melander

• Professional Shitposter
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 08:57:36 AM »
Do I need to ****ing repeat myself? My issue with Craig was the repeated incidents between us, such as him forcibly changing my name to LRA2, switching Jamied's name to baconus, deciding to give us sh** for sh**talking baconus despite others doing it repeatedly and never getting any punishment , the fact he decided to block me from speaking and setting me at Super Roboteer. These aren't even all the problems. Also, the fact this keeps happening is that people keep deciding to bring it up, take the piss, continue to sh**talk me at every opportunity, and that nobody steps in to stop it till I respond in kind and then I am the one ****ing blamed for it all, and then that doesn't help anything (and often gets turned into a meme which sure solves these problems, right guys!?!?) and the situation is made worse.
Do I need to ****ing repeat myself? My issue with Craig was the repeated incidents between us, such as him forcibly changing my name to LRA2, switching Jamied's name to baconus, deciding to give us sh** for sh**talking baconus despite others doing it repeatedly and never getting any punishment , the fact he decided to block me from speaking and setting me at Super Roboteer. These aren't even all the problems. Also, the fact this keeps happening is that people keep deciding to bring it up, take the piss, continue to sh**talk me at every opportunity, and that nobody steps in to stop it till I respond in kind and then I am the one ****ing blamed for it all, and then that doesn't help anything (and often gets turned into a meme which sure solves these problems, right guys!?!?) and the situation is made worse.

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »
what did you say?
Didn't Win Anything Award GTM 2K17
Notable Tournament Entrees:
Bacon Emergency: 2nd Place in Emergency exit.
Spinner From the North: 2nd Place in SFTW Showdown
Abominable: 1st place in the MW division of The Cybernetic Colosseum

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »
who's alt is this

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 09:49:30 AM »
who's alt is this
Judging by context, and experience, and by the GTM Discord thread, probably Avalanche.

Avalanche, I know these people want to annoy you, and it makes you mad. The best way to stop it is to ignore it.

Offline CMDR Melander

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 09:50:47 AM »
nah not an alt fam, just a clairvoyant sh**poster

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
Avalanche... Making an alt and complaining will literally only make things worse, you know.

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 10:18:01 AM »
nah not an alt fam, just a clairvoyant sh**poster
CMDR, it is REALLY had to believe that you are not an alt when you are complaining about the same things that happened to Avalanche.
Do I need to ****ing repeat myself?
Why do you need to repeat yourself? This is your first post.

My issue with Craig was the repeated incidents between us, such as him forcibly changing my name to LRA2, switching Jamied's name to baconus, deciding to give us sh** for sh**talking baconus despite others doing it repeatedly and never getting any punishment , the fact he decided to block me from speaking and setting me at Super Roboteer.
Things that have happened to avalanche.

These aren't even all the problems. Also, the fact this keeps happening is that people keep deciding to bring it up, take the piss, continue to sh**talk me at every opportunity, and that nobody steps in to stop it till I respond in kind and then I am the one ****ing blamed for it all, and then that doesn't help anything
That's not true and you know it.

(and often gets turned into a meme which sure solves these problems, right guys!?!?) and the situation is made worse.
It has only memeizd once.
I will underline parts that make you seem like an alt, then bold comments.

Offline CMDR Melander

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 10:47:01 AM »
you got me, i'm actually avalanche.

:^)

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »
That's literally a rant Avalanche made in Discord today. Someone else is memeing it.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »
grow up kiddo
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 10:55:04 AM »
cmdr is actually my gf  :mrgreen:
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Jammy Dodger

• The welsh idiot you probably dislike
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 02:04:38 PM »
cmdr is actually my gf  :mrgreen:
ahahahahha  :claping

Offline J-LGames

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 08:09:01 AM »
Hello! My name is Jon-luke, J-L for short. I have a YouTube account where I post videos of RA2 as well as other robot related games. I joined to be more involved in the RA2 community and hopefully learn some tips and tricks to get the best out of the game.  :mrgreen:

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 08:11:27 AM »
Howdy!  Welcome to GTM!

Offline J-LGames

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards