Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

IDEA: RA2 2020 Tournament Season

<< < (2/5) > >>

Hoppin:
I gave this some thought after talking with Orc about it.

I think it might be a good idea to have a ranking system, in which tournament placments award X amount of points, the higher you place, the better. at the end of the season, you could take the top 8/16/32 or w/e and use that as your tournament entries.

The issues I have with my current thought is maintaining the ranking system, originally I was looking at having all forum contributions awarding you points, but that was probably too much to handle

CodeSilver23:

--- Quote from: Hoppin on September 17, 2019, 09:55:36 AM ---I gave this some thought after talking with Orc about it.

I think it might be a good idea to have a ranking system, in which tournament placments award X amount of points, the higher you place, the better. at the end of the season, you could take the top 8/16/32 or w/e and use that as your tournament entries.

The issues I have with my current thought is maintaining the ranking system, originally I was looking at having all forum contributions awarding you points, but that was probably too much to handle

--- End quote ---
Will the rankings be for the builder, the bot, or both?

Nightraven Shade:
Points bases on how many entries in the tournament would be a better idea, (16 entries = semi gives points, 32= quarters and so on). Then you can have a more average ranking not a case of who got lucky that particular tournament and have maybe top 14 at end of year compete with first and second getting a first round bye.

I'd be fine hosting IF tournament if people were actually interest in them but most people only play IRL and struggle to get 4 entries at times for IF.

Hoppin:

--- Quote from: CodeSilver23 on September 17, 2019, 10:20:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hoppin on September 17, 2019, 09:55:36 AM ---I gave this some thought after talking with Orc about it.

--- End quote ---
Will the rankings be for the builder, the bot, or both?

--- End quote ---

Builder

TheOrcCorp:
I am liking the sounds of a points system depending on where builders placed in a tournament! Thank you Hop/Nightraven for your suggestions, think this could make it a lot better.

CHANGES LISTED IN BOLD.

The RA2 2020 TOURNAMENT SEASON (name WIP)
- To try and encourage people to host/take part in tournaments, this Season would be a topic of some sort showing a list/calender of official tournaments.
- Hosts would have to sign their tournament up to be added to the official list/calender. New/unreliable hosts would probably have to commit to finishing a tournament first before having tournaments accepted.
- Builders will get points depending on where they finish in these tournaments. Around the Top 16 or so compete to be the champion of their respective metas. (with a custom award for added "ooooooh" factor!)
- I'm also thinking of adding BOTM and Challenge Belt into this somehow. BOTM is a lot easier of an idea (The 11/12 BOTM winners would be voted on, robot with the most votes wins Bot Of The Year). Challenge Belt could be top 8 or so builders that held the belt for the longest? Still unsure for this.

Thanks for the help so far, all criticism/ideas are still welcome as this is a big idea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version