Author Topic: ROBOT COMBAT WEBCOMIC PARODY SERIES WIP  (Read 4568 times)

Offline J

• I don’t give a dimmadamn
  • Rep: 4
  • I sexually identify as a tall hat
    • I don’t care
    • I don’t care
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I don’t care
Re: ROBOT COMBAT WEBCOMIC PARODY SERIES WIP
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 10:50:01 PM »
NOT-Vlad should be renamed to Glad to Meet You, and the word “Loosfit” should be written on his side.

And “Math Deduction” works better for Hex- include that he makes dad-level math puns while he fights.

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 10:46:42 AM »
NOT-Vlad should be renamed to Glad to Meet You, and the word “Loosfit” should be written on his side.

And “Math Deduction” works better for Hex- include that he makes dad-level math puns while he fights.

Nice ideas! I'd like to keep the Ivan name, but Loosefit is brilliant. Sounds like a clothing brand.

Dad level math-puns sound game too.

Anyway, on to the next parody, this time featuring a bot that fought in both Battlebots AND Robot Wars.

Parody Bots #9: Maniac

Maniac 1.jpg

Parody of: Frenzy
This bot’s commentary on the original is pretty spot-on: It spazzes out like crazy whenever it uses its weapon. However, to further exaggerate the crazy undertones of this bot, Maniac is painted in an acid-trip color scheme and has googly eyes on springs that wiggle around hilariously when the robot swings around. This bot spends as much time on the floor as my previous bot parody Gravestone (AKA, he barely stays on the floor)
This bot’s schtick of being a crazy over-head swinger would soon be competed with by a British axe-bot with a similar spazzy movement pattern, and it’s based of a real-life British axebot that also pummeled Panic Attack at some point, just like frenzy, the bot Maniac takes after…

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »
Parody Bots #10: Provectus

Provectus 1.jpg

Parody of: Mortis

Mortis.png

Going 2-for-2 with robots that competed in both Battlebots and Robot Wars, here we have Provectus:
There’s two different interpretations on this robot, it’s team, it’s traits, and other stuff: There’s the producers’ list of “factual” information on this robot used for TV, and then there’s what’s really going on behind the scenes.
I’ll start with what the Producers wanted to convey as reality with this robot overview for Provectus used for TV:
“Made by the most prestigious technological education institution IN THE WORLD, and costing the US equivalent of over a MILLION dollars, it’s the most advanced and powerful combat robot EVER: Provectus!
Built over the course of 5 YEARS, this robot is named rather quite cleverly and intellectually after a word from a now long lost ancient language that translates to “advanced”, which is a true understatement!  Armored in a high-end industrial titanium alloy coated with a top-secret material that makes the robot as hard as a DIAMOND, this machine of destruction is practically ENTITLED to the championship due to it’s objective greatness!
This robot also possesses the finest military-grade robot combat weaponry on the PLANET, with a ancient knife-blade axe weapon based off an ancient, long lost mystical Asian country, created by the last sword-smith of that region high up on asia’s tallest mountain, and with the ability to hit 60 times a SECOND, and with the force of a tank gun at point blank range, DESTROYING any opponent! Also, it’s lifting arm can lift a SCHOOL BUS, and is literally indestructible! Powered by a cold-fusion cell and using a new futuristic type of motor never before seen until now, this bot is power incarnate!
Needless to say, the brilliant professor who created this machine along with his two prodigious students totally think they can win this tournament, and rightfully so! Intellectual elites, this team isn’t afraid to say they’re BETTER than EVERYONE else, and that nothing can stop them from winning EVERY tournament we’ll ever have from here on out! And will most CERTAINLY look down upon you and your pitiful entry into Bot Wars.
Love them or hate them, these guys are so ahead of everyone else, they even made a state-of-the-art hands-free operating device they can mount their controller to, amplifying controlling abilities so much that even an amateur can drive an RC Car to victory using it!”
Phew, what a load of bullsh**. Ok, here’s the reality of this bot, inspired HEAVILY by the reality of it’s inspiration Mortis hidden by early Robot Wars producers as per their producer shenanigans at the time:
The robot (named after the latin word for “Advanced”) was built in 3 months by a regular English technical college professor and some students using mainly donated second-hand parts and scrap, only costing around 500 British pounds ($616), The robot ran on electric brushless motors (the first bot to use them, but not the first thing brushless motors were used on), its armored in regular aerospace materials including silicon carbide (which may allegedly be like being diamond-coated, but diamonds actually make for sh** armor from what I’ve heard), has a pickaxe inspired by a Japanese tanto blade that can hit 3 times a second and can do decent damage to opponents, roughly the same as a point-blank gunshot from a .38 Magnum Rifle, a lifter made of salvaged scrap-metal that can’t hoist even a car, but still works as a sri-mech and on fellow heavyweights, and overall a decent but exaggerated bot with an average level of performance and ALL the producer bias for its first few years.
As for the hands-free device, they built that out of spare parts and it only can help lower the stress on a person’s thumbs when operating the controls. You can’t turn into Gary Gin however. Sorry. At least your thumbs will appreciate it.
Perhaps the worst, most toxic exaggeration by the producers about Provectus was its team. Sure, they were smart, but they weren’t the snobby elitists that producers made them out to be. They were confident in their bot surely, maybe a little conceited, but they weren’t total assholes about it. In the end, their reputations were nearly ruined by the TV producers as these so-called “facts” stained their reputations until the original team quit and the robot exchanged hands with some other people.
In the end, this robot is a case of producer meddling, from trying to rig fights to spreading false facts, early televised Bot Wars was like the earlier days of televised robot combat. The basis of this parody is the exaggeration of the sheer level of misinformation and bias the producers had when discussing this bot and presenting it on TV, along with its unfortunate team.
And, much like how the music industry takes promising young musical talent, milks them for all the music and merch they’re worth, throws them away and go on to the next big teen heart-throb, so did Provectus, being the producer’s favorite bot to win tournaments…
…but then came along a certain new shell spinner…

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 05:21:08 PM »
Typhoon?
Accomplishments:

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 05:41:41 PM »
Typhoon?

No wtf, its spawn again
Things I did & done

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 06:07:18 PM »
Accomplishments:

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 06:10:16 PM »
Things I did & done

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »
Accomplishments:

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Accomplishments:

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2019, 02:59:41 PM »
Parody Bots #11, Fighting C*ck

Fighting Cock 1.jpg

Parody of: Killerhurtz

Killerhurtz.png

And here we have yet ANOTHER parody of a robot that competed in both Battlebots and Robot Wars. That’s the third time in a row.
Here we have Fighting C*ck, it’s name being a parody of the phrase “Fighting Talk” (also, it's a chicken). It’s basically Killerhurtz, but painted to look like a chicken, exaggerating the chicken-like axe-head used for Battlebots. But that’s not the only exaggerated trait this bot has that makes it legally count as a parody: It’s hyper aggressive and proud to be British. And yes, like any good axe-bot or hammer-bot, he will ALWAYS wait for a good hit.
Expect more John Reid jokes in my eventual parodies of Beta and Terrorhurtz.
(The fun thing is that while Killerhurtz, Terrorhurtz, Beta, and Tanshe are all built be John Reid IRL, in Bot Wars their respective parodies will be built by different people and different competing teams. That means the possibility of fights like Killerhurtz VS Terrorhurtz or Terrorhurtz VS Beta are very likely to be represented by these parodies. (I always try to make the parodies perform EXACTLY like their IRL counterparts, and the fights being the only real serious aspect of the series.)

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Interior crocodile alligator 🤔
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:35 PM »
Nice Hanky Pancky
Achievements and tournament placings

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »
Doesnt a comic need... a story?
Things I did & done

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 10:38:02 PM »
Doesnt a comic need... a story?

Indeed, and I am in fact working on a story. First I'm collecting bots that are worth parodying/can be parodied, and then I'll come up with the best fight combinations and figure out the tournament bracket. The story of the series plays out like a television show, with occasional stuff going on behind the scenes. I'll build the story around the tournament brackets I come up with for each weight class of each story.

All the while, crude sh** and inside jokes will be rampant. Commentary on the various aspects of Robot Combat being on TV and how show business can both damage and sustain a robot combat tournament, producer bull-sh**tery and silly teams which are occasionally based on real-life ones.

It'll be lots of fun.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 03:27:38 PM »
Parody Bots #12: Anxiety Attack

Anxiety Attack (2003).jpg

Parody of: Panic Attack

PanicAttack.jpg

Yet ANOTHER robot that’s competed in both Battlebots and Robot Wars, here we have a Welsh machine known for the perpetually terrified look on its face. Although comical, make no mistake: This bot is a fearsome machine…who also fears some competitors.
While Panic Attack is designed to look like something that would CAUSE a panic attack (spooky spider and angry face), Anxiety Attack looks like he’s HAVING a case of what he’s named after: An anxiety attack. Whilst panic attacks leave you motionless and frozen in fear, from my own personal experience anxiety attacks make you restlessly pursue a solution to the problem at hand causing you to have an anxiety attack in the first place, at all costs. In the case of Anxiety Attack the robot, he pursues a solution by killing his robot opponents.
The commentary of the robot that makes it a legal parody is kinda mundane: It has an embarrassingly sh**ty scrimech. Everything else works fine, but it almost never self-rights. On top of that, this robot has a well-known rivalry with a certain front-hinged flipper with a shnazzy paint-job…

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2019, 07:24:15 PM »
Parody Bots #13: Muhammad Alu

Muhammed Alu 1.jpg

Parody of: Cassius

Cassius_II.png

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let’s get ready for a roooooboooooot ruuuuummmmbllleeee!
In the red square, weighing at 81.3 kilos, this British-born competitor with a middle-eastern fighting name and based off an African-American boxing legend is armed with a pneumatic rear spike and it’s iconic “flip-up paddle” which doubles as a srimech! Ready to kick ass and take names, here’s-oh, there he goes again, attacking the house robots. Yup, he did it again…go figure…”
-Your typical intro for Muhammad Alu.
Yeah, in case you couldn’t tell, this bot is a parody of classic Robot Wars legend Cassius, and based off the same guy, but to a much more extreme degree, even having props like a towel, boxing gloves, and the same haircut. Based off the boxing legend called “Muhammad Ali”, as well as being based off a robot based off the SAME person…

Like…bruh….

The “Alu” in Muhammad Alu stands for “Aluminum”, which ironically wasn’t really used in it’s original form.
The basis of this bot’s parody factor is two-fold: in case the boxing undertones and Cassius Clay themes weren’t exaggerated enough, there’s also the fact that this competitor, Muhammad Alu, tends to attack house robots constantly. Ram em’, tip em’, poke em’, even flip em’. This bot gives no ****s, even as it’s being thrown into the pit by his mortal enemy, the boss of the house robots, “Mr.Massacre” (who I’ll show off some day).

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
Parody Bots #14: Death Dish Pizza Series.

Death Dish Pizze (Cutter).jpg

Parody of: Backlash

backlashv2large.jpg

Backlash2015.jpg

This one took a while to make, after failing at 3 separate attempts. (I blame the medication I was given after my oral surgery.)
Anyway, Mike Stropovic I believe made the joke about Backlash being a pissed off pizza cutter. I was initially gonna go with that, but decided to do something slightly different.
There’s been many versions of Backlash, from 1999 to 2004, with 6 total versions. Although only 2 of them are directly parodied in this pic, I can assure you individual version of Backlash will be represented throughout the series.
Anyway, what’s the story with this bot? Well, it started off as a joke entry with an experimental weapon at the time, based off a heavyweight named Big Black Disk (which will be revealed eventually). Initially named “Death Dish Pizza” and with a flywheel decorated to look like one, (Known as the “Death Disc Pizza”), and an Italian chef’s hat to boot (to make the producers like the robot even more than before, guaranteeing it’s multiple televised appearances and crowd approval.). After 3 events and 3 versions under this guise, it became clear Death Dish Pizza was no longer a silly joke bot, but a serious competitor.
Thus, starting in Bot Wars Season 3, 2001, Death Dish Pizza was rebranded as Death Dish Pizza Cutter, now with a flashier, edgier design. It had a new disc, paint-job, and theme. This version also had it’s revisions, eventually leaving the boxy design for a sleek contemporary invertible design (pictured above). The audience was split between whether or not they liked this new version. Some felt like it was needed, as this robot was clearly no joke, but others felt like it should’ve stayed with the original silly them, being a rarity amongst silly robot designs as one that actually works.
Ironically, it had less success under this edgy, more competitive guise, never winning another championship. Rip.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2019, 10:12:12 PM »
Ok, so INITIALLY I was going to show off my parody of Diotoir, called Shamrock Rabbit. It would be Diotoir, but colored plain green and designed to look like a derpy bunny based on the lepidae species known as the Irish Hare. I wasn't sure if that would be ok since the commentary would be an exaggerated caricature of Doitoir's Irish heritage...

...what I knew WASN'T ok was having Shamrock Rabbit dress up as a leprechuan, complete with a ginger beard and eyebrows, a smoking pipe, and a giant green hat with a clover and belt buckle on it.

Thaaaaat...might be kinda racist. Sure, I'm white and a 1/4 Irish, but I'm still an American-born yank. I don't think I have the credibility for that kind of joke. It's a shame too, since the design is arguably more iconic looking than Diotoir. It's absurdity is just...the stuff of legends IMO.

(I'm better off sticking with special ed jokes.)

With that said, I WILL be tackling Inertia Labs flipper bots, with a corporation-consumerist twist made just for the sake of one stupid meme based off one of the robots.

See ya then!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 05:59:43 PM »
Parody Bots #15: Demon Cow

Demon Cow 1.jpg

Parody of: Toro

Toro.jpg

“INTRODUCING DEMON COW JERKY!
IT’S THE TOUGHEST, CHEWIEST, GREATEST JERKY IN THE WORLD, brought to you STRAIGHT FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL!
If you wanna be a REAL MAN, you BETTER ****ING EAT THIS!
Packed with an incredible 30 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER BAG! IT’S THE BIGGEST, BADDEST JERKY YOU’LL EVER FIND!
And, in an effort to keep up with modern times, we’ve ventured into the new fighting sport of robot combat to bring you the mascot of our jerky, the SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT KILLING MACHINE DEMON COW!
Watch him in action at Bot Wars, 9:00-10:00 PM on Humor Central!”
Ok, so that was a little script for a TV commercial that you could only find approved in the world Bot Wars takes place in. ECB, or Extreme Consumer Brands, was a new brand of various foods and beverages with over-the-top themes and commercials. The most popular ones ended up getting metallic fighting mascots that would compete in Bot Wars, all of them flippers, as a means of representing the kick-ass attitude they had.
Their first mascot competitor: The 325 pound Demon Cow, the Bot Wars parody/equivalent to Classic Battlebots SuperHeavyWeight champion Toro.
Unlike Toro, Demon Cow was not the flipper pioneer of his respective series. I’m not even sure yet if he won any championships. What I DO know is that the robot was a heavy-hitter and favorite to win even during it’s debut (initially it was for financial and promotional reasons, but after his first season it became clear he was a top-notch competitor.)
The parody basis of Demon Cow that makes him a proper, legitimate parody of Toro is the exaggerated bovine behavior. Toro fought like an actual raging bull, box-rushing the opponent, flipping them, and going ack to his square. Simple. Brutal. Efficient.
Demon Cow has the same strategy, but he (she?) also had some other traits: Kicking up dust with it’s rear drive in preparation for charging, aggressively exhaling at the same time like an angry bull (through one of the holes in the flipper. It would always be a different hole each fight.) and some…other things…
This wasn’t actually a built-in feature or intended act though. The robot wasn’t built to exhale through it’s flipper and had no mechanism for it either. The driver doesn’t control the dust kicking either. And to top it all off, not only does it make raging bull noises in battle despite having no means to do so, but…
…the robot can make milk. I’m dead serious. They don’t even how it's created, but it leaks from the bottom wheel slots of the robot when it's in the pits sometimes. As weird as this is, it’s just one of the MANY strange things that happen casually in the world of Bot Wars. Since 1983, the universe took an odd turn. But that’s a whole other story...
Expect more Inertia Labs robot parodies in the future. I’ve already got a few waiting to be colored in…