Author Topic: I'm retiring  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Serge

• Rep: 13
    • View Profile
    • http://www.q3k.org/
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« on: November 30, 2008, 03:18:02 PM »
Hello gametechmodders,

Unfortunately, I decided to retire from the RA2 scene, at least for now. Due to a recent motherboard failure, I cannot access my SATA disk (I do not have any other motherboard that supports it), so in fact everything I was working on (it was meant to be a christmas gift for you guys, I had an almost completed 3d gmf editor) is inaccessible. I cannot afford myself a new motherboard, so I'm stuck on a '98 computer barely running Windows 2k, not even RA2.

Also, due to recent personal problems, I wouldn't be able to keep the development speed I had earlier.

If you want to inherit my projects, go on, drop me an email, and I'll make you an admin on the googlecode page do that you can commit source code to the SVN.

I'm sorry if I gave you up and let you down, I really thought I'd never gonna run around and desert you, but this time I'm going to say goodbye.

So, until I can afford myself new hardware, farewell, and I hope to see more revolutionary stuff from you.

Sergiusz Bazański
http://www.q3k.org/
home | twitter | yt | gmf de/compiler | component freedom | xmpp: q3k@q3k.org | email: q3k@q3k.org

Offline Urjak

• Rep: 6
  • Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »
Well... good luck with your hardrive. I, as well as most gametechmodders wish you luck, and appreicate all you have done for the community. You will be missed.
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline 70 CUDA

• Rep: 2
  • Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »
sry to hear that man but i know what your going throughman. you will be missed. thanks again for all that you have done.
Holy crap they do exist!!!! :Rob2

Offline WhamettNuht

• Rep: 12
  • Robot Building Drag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: WhamettNuht #1457
I'm retiring
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
Wow, im sorry.
What about that Turb flipper?
Without that, im ed!
Sorry youre leaving.
Damn I should probably put something fancy in this bit huh?

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »
Ugh, use the earthquaqe motor from the Firebeetle components pack.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Madiaba

I'm retiring
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
Serge, What do you need for a motherboard? Specs?
Would it be better to get a whole new comp and add your present sata?
Have you checked places like TigerDirect? I do business with them quite a bit.
Let me/us know if I/we can help...

Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline SpyGuy

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »
Serge, sorry to hear that.  You've been a leading force for RA2 while I've been around (and NOT been around), and you will be missed.

Hang in there, buddy ,,, and rememebr that we'll be here waiting for your return.

Offline TleeC11B

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »
Quote from: Serge;23153
Hello gametechmodders,

Unfortunately, I decided to retire from the RA2 scene, at least for now. Due to a recent motherboard failure, I cannot access my SATA disk (I do not have any other motherboard that supports it), so in fact everything I was working on (it was meant to be a christmas gift for you guys, I had an almost completed 3d gmf editor) is inaccessible. I cannot afford myself a new motherboard, so I'm stuck on a '98 computer barely running Windows 2k, not even RA2.

Also, due to recent personal problems, I wouldn't be able to keep the development speed I had earlier.

If you want to inherit my projects, go on, drop me an email, and I'll make you an admin on the googlecode page do that you can commit source code to the SVN.

I'm sorry if I gave you up and let you down, I really thought I'd never gonna run around and desert you, but this time I'm going to say goodbye.

So, until I can afford myself new hardware, farewell, and I hope to see more revolutionary stuff from you.

Sergiusz Bazański
http://www.q3k.org/

I feel your pain, my comps motherboard got fried somehow or another.. I'm stuck on a win98 compy too its got xp-pro on it now I got just enough room on it for RA2 the sims (for my gf) and have about 2 gigs left after that... lol.
if I try to fight a SHW on RA2 the comp goes into slideshow mode...

I\'m so happy I\'ll stab your ass and lay down next to you dead in the grass.

Offline SpyGuy

• View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »
Mad, shoot Serge an email ......... save those projects if you can.

Keep 'em safe until he comes back......

Offline Somebody

• CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 06:24:28 PM »
Wow, that, sucks. You have already done alot for the community anyway. You created the ball and socket component, which is brand new for us. I don't think that you let anybody down.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline kill343gs

I'm retiring
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »
Serge: "I'm sorry if I gave you up and let you down, I really thought I'd never gonna run around and desert you, but this time I'm going to say goodbye."
=
Rick Astley: "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye..."

I seriously hope this is your idea of a rick roll. If not, I'm sorry to hear it.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Somebody

• CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »
Whoah, didn't even notice that. I sure hope it is an attempt at a rickroll.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Serge;23153
I had an almost completed 3d gmf editor

*suicides*

Wow... That sucks. Good luck with the motherboard.
Avoid the beam and you won't get hit!

Clash Cubes 2 Grand Champion--Xenophobik Resurrektion
Winner of the RAW favorite bot award--Humdrums

Offline Serge

• View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 01:57:01 AM »
Unfortunately, the retirement is real, and the rickroll was just a joke.
Oh, and kill, great you've found it - I knew someone would.

Anyway, I'm on the bus right now, I'll post more when I get back home.
home | twitter | yt | gmf de/compiler | component freedom | xmpp: q3k@q3k.org | email: q3k@q3k.org

Offline Scrap Daddy

I'm retiring
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 02:59:51 PM »
That sucks man. I know what its like to be on a sh**ty comp.

Offline Barbie

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »
Group Hug!

Offline Gigafrost

• You'll never know what I'll think of next.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »
Agreed with Spy. He deserves his hard work saved somewhere safe until he gets a stable system.

And Serge hang in there, I feel your pain as well. Same thing happened to me twice and had to work on my old Compaq Presario for a whole year(Loved it to death though before I got my laptop). Be sure to write often, if you can; we will miss you...

Offline Serge

• View Profile
    • Awards
I'm retiring
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »
Update.

Well, I went through a crapload of computers these days. First, I managed to stitch together a couple of components into a semi-usable computer, Celeron 500Mhz and 128 RAM, made it run Windows 2k (Linux for some reason didn't like it), but one day the mobo seemed to fry (again?), and I switched over to a 10-year laptop.
Unfortunately, this afternoon my GF stepped over it (silly me leaving it on the floor next to bed), and the screen cracked.
I then went inspecting further the broken computer I stitched together before, apparently only some parts of the mobo fried, net is broken (fortunately I have one of those wifi usb cards), audio is broken, only one memory slot works and floppy works bad (strange sounds, probably some pins are disconnected, I'll deactivate it in the bios later), it runs very hot,  but it boots Windows just fine. Well, I'll stay on Frankencomputer for a while, even if it crashes every two hours or so.
I'll try to install some development tools (I used to run VC++ on a '98 computer when I was a kid) tomorrow and see if I can get to work on anything.

My main mobo still lies in it's box, waiting to be serviced (however I seem to have lost the warranty, which is bad). Let's hope It'll get fixed or replaced soon.

Anyway, until next time.
Serge.

Offline Madiaba

I'm retiring
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 05:17:49 PM »
Sorry for the bad luck there, Serge.

I'll catch you on MSN.
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...