Author Topic: GTM Discord - The issue.  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTM Discord - The issue.
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 10:03:11 PM »
If only we had a semi-private, opt-in section designed to contain all the sh**posting. A ground for playing, so to speak.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 10:48:08 PM »
If only we had a semi-private, opt-in section designed to contain all the sh**posting. A ground for playing, so to speak.

You know dang well people who should not opt-in would do so, eventually said people would get offended, and then they'd run off and blame GTM for everything that went wrong.

Good maymays/10

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 01:20:13 AM »
if only there where a million other websites you can do your sh**posting

Offline doot

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 10:38:28 AM »
To say that GTM is dying is blatantly wrong, as we have had more users come into the forums over time and the activity has increased, which I think is pretty damn good considering we're dedicated to a niche game. I will say, though, that attitudes seriously need to change if we are to make ourselves likeable in the eyes of other forums, which is not helped when there are a select few people  calling GTM "toxic" and "altright hatesite" and whatever. That doesn't help, even if it's for a quick laugh or whatever.

Kill has hit the nail on the head, though. The forum board as a whole, just isn't thriving as well anymore. The discord is one of our main avenues for chatting to people who have relations to robot combat, and getting people in. People driving away others is not going to help whatsoever.

(I know I was taking a period of inactivity due to my personal life, but I feel this has to be said IMHO.)

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • guys terraria 1.4 is out
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »
To say that GTM is dying is blatantly wrong, as we have had more users come into the forums over time and the activity has increased, which I think is pretty damn good considering we're dedicated to a niche game. I will say, though, that attitudes seriously need to change if we are to make ourselves likeable in the eyes of other forums, which is not helped when there are a select few people  calling GTM "toxic" and "altright hatesite" and whatever. That doesn't help, even if it's for a quick laugh or whatever.

Kill has hit the nail on the head, though. The forum board as a whole, just isn't thriving as well anymore. The discord is one of our main avenues for chatting to people who have relations to robot combat, and getting people in. People driving away others is not going to help whatsoever.

(I know I was taking a period of inactivity due to my personal life, but I feel this has to be said IMHO.)

Like SOME PEOPLE saying “delete this site”
the heavy is dead

Offline freeziez

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • He's Mr. White Christmas, he's Mr. Snow...
    • youtube.com/freeziezGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 10:56:52 AM »
I really don't understand why there can't be a playground section. like is it too much to ask to have an area of an internet community can just mess around, sh**post, and say whatever they want (minus racism, harassment, etc). like are we really gonna pretend that gtm as a community is "above" sh**posting just because it's centered around robot combat? because it's definitely not. this is a group of young adult (almost entirely) males having fun, I really don't see why we have to be a bunch of control freaks and push a "culture" that doesn't exist just to inevitably have the playground stuff spill over into other communities.

(edit): I was referring to a playground section in the discord, not the forum

(edit2): why would we delete the site that's stupid
obligatory battlebots 5 comment

GTM Awards 2011

Best Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)
Best New Tournament Host: freeziez
Most Suprising Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
  • guys terraria 1.4 is out
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
I really don't understand why there can't be a playground section. like is it too much to ask to have an area of an internet community can just mess around, sh**post, and say whatever they want (minus racism, harassment, etc). like are we really gonna pretend that gtm as a community is "above" sh**posting just because it's centered around robot combat? because it's definitely not. this is a group of young adult (almost entirely) males having fun, I really don't see why we have to be a bunch of control freaks and push a "culture" that doesn't exist just to inevitably have the playground stuff spill over into other communities.

Mechadino wants to delete this site.
the heavy is dead

Offline freeziez

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • He's Mr. White Christmas, he's Mr. Snow...
    • youtube.com/freeziezGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 11:17:14 AM »

Mechadino wants to delete this site.

that's stupid
obligatory battlebots 5 comment

GTM Awards 2011

Best Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)
Best New Tournament Host: freeziez
Most Suprising Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Interior crocodile alligator 🤔
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 02:04:17 PM »
TBH Im not going to express my views in detail becuase I have only been here a for a year and so I shouldn't really be the one to talk about the state of GTM nor do I think other younger members should this is sorta just one for the older members. I will however say that GTM shouldn't just be deleted or be replaced by discord because honestly GTM is still a site that has at least benefited me over the past year with my RA2 experience and I feel like its a nice place for younger member to learn and grow in a better way than discord.
Achievements and tournament placings

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 02:44:07 PM »
so i'll throw my two cents in since i've been following what's been happening with the discord since its inception and i find it pretty interesting to observe what's been going on the past 4 or so months since, and i've discussed this with various staff members and other people and i tihnk they feel the same way i do. so if you can't see that the i'd say almost literally every other robot community ****ing hates gtm. and yeah, it may be a meme that gtm is toxic and is altright hate site which is stupid as hell but still i think quite humorous, you either can't see the forest for the trees, or you just dont pay attention to what happens outside of the forum. the reason why gtm isn't getting very many new members isn't because people who know about or have an interest in robot combat don't know about ra2 or gtm, they do, the problem is that they'll either go somewhere else like ahol (even tho tbf that's in shambles from what i've been told), or somewhere similar, or they just won't engage with the community that's here and just play it off and on every now and then. and the reason for that is of how ****ing abysmal gtm's reputation is with the robot combat community at large. now some of that's just because of dummies like lra2 acting as gtm's ambassador and being stupid, but part of it is definitely earned with how you see certain people act to new members both on the forum, and on the discord.
and i know hearing all this is real fukken cute coming from me right, but i've always been honest about how i love to sh**post and i'll always do it, but i won't be too much of an asshole or at least i try not to be, and i definitely don't get on to new users or belittle what they build because that's too dumb even for me.

tldr; life sucks and then you die 
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2