Author Topic: Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder  (Read 1737 times)

Offline frezal

• Pronouns: any
  • Rep: 5
  • I am all eyes
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Oh, she’s on Instagram!
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: shelly.burger#9497
Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder
« on: March 01, 2009, 11:17:11 PM »
Do any of you guys have the latest (and last?) Futurama movie?  It's probably my favorite of the four.
Destroy your lives, on purpose!

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:20:45 AM »
I'm a HUGE futurama fan sadly Australia (were I live) doesn't get it for another 2 days but I'm looking forward to it :-D

great to find fellow futurama fans on this forum

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:12:04 AM »
My local shop just got it in :-D, It is awesome but I would still say Benders Game was the Best

Offline frezal

• I am all eyes
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »
Really?  I consider that one to be the worst.  It was even written by the guy who wrote the two worst episodes ("A Leela of Her Own" and "That's Lobstertainment").  Here's how I rank them:
1) Into the Wild Green Yonder
2)Beast With a Billion Backs
3)Bender's Big Score
4)Bender's Game

Bender's Big Score is only slightly below Beast with a Billion Backs.  I just felt as though BwaBB flowed better as a movie than BBS did.

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 04:24:27 PM »
I can't wait to see it, Alas, I'm a cheap bastard.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »
Jeffery i agree completely with the rankings except benders game a few people told me they don't like it but im not sure why ? do you mind telling me (as you know your futurama:-D) I must admit though it was the one i least looked forward to but they pulled it off great

Offline frezal

• I am all eyes
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:49:28 AM »
Quote from: JoeBlo;30176
Jeffery i agree completely with the rankings except benders game a few people told me they don't like it but im not sure why ? do you mind telling me (as you know your futurama:-D) I must admit though it was the one i least looked forward to but they pulled it off great

Compared to something like Family Guy, Bender's Game was genius.  But compared to the other Futurama movies, it wasn't so great.

The Bad:
The story wasn't all that coherent.  To me, it felt like two different movies.  You had the one movie taking place in the "real" world, and then another taking place in a "What if? Machine" world.  Unfortunately, they didn't actually do it as a "What if? Machine" vision, which made the plot a bit confusing (in the context of the movie).

Leela's newfound pain fetish seemed a bit out of character for her, and was not needed.

Igner being Farnsworth's son wasn't too appealing to me either.

The Good:
Having said that, there were moments of good in that movie.  The latest installment of The Scary Door was absolutely hilarious.  

Zoidberg as that monster thing was also great.  

Tress MacNeille appearing in the commentary was fun to hear.  She's a great voice actress, so I'm always glad to hear her whenever she shows up to the commentaries.

"We're OWL exterminators!"

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 07:41:54 AM »
believe it or not the story of Igner being Farnsworth's son was made up back when the series was on but they never found the time to fit it in. i agree leela lust for killing did seem a little over the top but it was in keeping with the game atmosphere with games being violent,

I must say i love the poker tournament on WGY and when zoidberg is the spray can :-D

Offline frezal

• I am all eyes
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
I'm re-watching Bender's Game right now.  I think it was really good up until the crossover to the fantasy realm.  If the whole movie had been in that realm, I think it would have worked much better.  The sudden crossover is just illogical.