Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

BOTM and Challenge Belt Feedback

<< < (3/4) > >>

Nightraven Shade:

--- Quote from: Hoppin on September 15, 2019, 03:14:38 PM ---
Personally, I think the current way is fine, but it just needs more over sight. Bild has been sat on that belt for ages. Also maybe implement some rule to prevent this kinda of inactivity

From personal experience, doing that mini tournament is pretty time consuming and just exhausting to do, especially at that rate

--- End quote ---

With the inactivity I would still say having the belt defended once a week is easy to so can strip the current holder if it's not defended after maybe missing 3 weeks (non consecutive) miss one week it's a warning miss a second week at any time during current reign a second warning miss a third week your stripped of title. This also means only those that can be active will hold the title.

If the mini tournament is to time consuming would a challenge leaderboard be an option?
You can challenge anyone ( each person a max of once per month officially) if they accept once result is added to board the winner gets points. Use this for all challenges you can effectively always have someone top of the leaderboard so they can jump the queue every three months.
It will get people.more active when testing or building bots rather then just waiting for a tournament, it allows to fix issues before submitting bots for tournament and it will give people a chance to learn hosting in a more relaxed manner.

Reier:
i never paid much attention to the challenge belt before but I do like the idea. I was talking to 8bean a little bit ago and he had the great idea of making it a Parsec-based MP thing or at least a companion belt which uses parsec, which I think is fantastic. Not only would it give people an incentive to build and drive (and push the meta forward), but it would probably be big enough to reach all of the ra2 subgroups to some capacity if it was hosted here which would help the schism. PVP matches are so much better than AI matches, seriously. it's not even close. They're not even really harder to host. i really hope this is considered.

8bean:

--- Quote from: Reier on September 15, 2019, 11:09:47 PM ---i never paid much attention to the challenge belt before but I do like the idea. I was talking to 8bean a little bit ago and he had the great idea of making it a Parsec-based MP thing or at least a companion belt which uses parsec, which I think is fantastic. Not only would it give people an incentive to build and drive (and push the meta forward), but it would probably be big enough to reach all of the ra2 subgroups to some capacity if it was hosted here which would help the schism. PVP matches are so much better than AI matches, seriously. it's not even close. They're not even really harder to host. i really hope this is considered.

--- End quote ---
what this dude said

fr tho all the other metas have virtually become wastelands but something like this could help bring them back. Since it is parsec based it would make the playing field a little more even due to most highly optimized designs for competitive bots being highly focused on AI up until this point. This would make a good starting point for any players who haven't tried out one of the standard metas and would provide a different challenge to more experienced veterans.

kix:

--- Quote from: Plerco on September 15, 2019, 11:39:46 PM ---Just gonna say I liked the FOTEPEX botm (makes people actually want to post on showcases)

And a Parsec companion belt for metas other than irl would be sweet

--- End quote ---
That would mean that other people would need to play other metas, and i remember some challenge belts where only one person entered because it was something something unrealistic

Reier:

--- Quote from: kix on September 15, 2019, 11:46:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Plerco on September 15, 2019, 11:39:46 PM ---Just gonna say I liked the FOTEPEX botm (makes people actually want to post on showcases)

And a Parsec companion belt for metas other than irl would be sweet

--- End quote ---
That would mean that other people would need to play other metas, and i remember some challenge belts where only one person entered because it was something something unrealistic

--- End quote ---

see, this shallow fatalistic attitude is the exact stuff we are trying to avoid. no one is forcing you to do anything. stop taking a dump on other people trying to improve the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version