Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Apologies
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:33:51 PM »
Hi everyone, I posted on the Games of 2017 thread to get a few things off my chest:

but the rest that I didn't say keeps bothering me so I feel as though I need to say this. Now a lot of you won't care, I wouldn't either because I know to a lot of people this is just a message board but it means more than that to me and the way things are looking right now I think I'll be here for a while. Over the past I've done things here that I regret massively so please read this and hopefully I can make some things right. Okay...

Starting out:
So when I got here I was a cringe worthy n00b and didn't know how to build or improve (building skills and behaviour). I used to build sh** and think it was good then take any criticism as an insult. I get now I should've taken it as criticism but I was very immature at the time.

Telling Sage to "shut up"
Yeah, this wasn't supposed to be as serious as it was taken. I didn't mean it to be an insult but then again it was still retarded of me anyway. I can't apologise enough to Sage for this and I was so stupid at the time. From here I just went on a downward spiral on GTM and constantly pestered people for robots, mainly Rob Collins and Mazakari and again I'm so sorry for causing any trouble if you read this, for entries into JD Wars but also because I wanted to mess around with them too.
About JD Wars, if I get the chance which I am working on, it'll be my robots only lol. As well, I seemed to request robots to be put into the RWRA2 Official Mod which was also a waste of time but it only seemed like I was, I really just wanted to see cool robots remade and was giving ideas. People took this the wrong way, and it's easy to see why, but whatever I want to think it's over and done with... Also, massive thank you to Scrap Daddy for being one of the only ones to help me out when you really didn't need to.

2015:
In January, life took a dark turn for me when I believe I started getting better at modding RA2 and getting a bit better with my building. It didn't put me off RA2 fully, however I lost some enthusiasm and got bored. I think I was depressed at the time and did whatever I could to be happy but after a while I was happier, but after a few months I lost interest in RA2 and looked towards another interest of mine, Pro Wrestling. Now, I had always loved it but got more involved and got into the behind the scenes side. I still peruse this hobby and I'm currently in training. This doesn't matter except it's my life outside of GTM and from time to time I'll be more interested in that. Another thing that put me off RA2 is how I tried making a Sonny Resetti AI after volunteering. Now I know a DSL version was released and that's cool, but now and again I fix a few bots for the mod I'm working on which involves a lot more of his older robots and some new ones too which after a lot if work will be released with Sonny's permission. As time went by working on it, my laptop started to fail a bit and didn't work too well but hopefully all will be fine now so I'll try getting back to work.
At the same time though, I would drop in to GTM and tried doing stuff which worked until...

MEISTER!!!!:
Well... sh**. All the credibility I tried building up from my first year instantly was destroyed. I can't remember exactly what happened, but here's my opinion.
I do remember sending my friend a screenshot of something on GTM (note, we live two sides of town but we go to the same school, it's a small town), then he creates a troll account and starts bashing random threads which he found funny and I didn't tbh. I also remember telling him to stop which he ignored. A day or so later, we sit next to each other (we're sat like this in a few lessons where we're on computers) and I think I checked something on GTM that was going on at the time and he sees it, then remembers the meister stupid sh** and starts doing it again. As we're at the same location it looks like I'm doing a Reier, which I promise I wasn't! After that I didn't see the point in coming back to GTM fully and instead turned to wrestling and Idubbbz, and also finishing GCSE's. I barely used GTM until late 2017 where I have recently gained interest again.

Sorry:
So, all in all, I'm sorry for being such a n00b and I realise how much a turd I was. And I know, I'm not a big deal on here but hopefully I begin contributing to the community :)

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »
You've seemed to make a great change already with new builds, better a change later than never.  :thumbup
Things I did & done

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »
Speaking as "The 2011-2013 noob", it's nothing that hasn't been done before and hasn't been done worse. Hell, look at Avalanche! He still hasn't grown up!

...All joking aside though, yeah, we all do stupid sh**. It's just part of being human. It's cool dawg.  :thumbup

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 05:44:57 PM »
Thank you both :)
There's something different though, I used to come here as a guest and it was just like nasa to me and I wanted to be a part of it and well respected too like many guys here, but failed lol. So yeah, future is bright hopefully :)

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:47:16 PM »
Yeah, just make an effort to not be autistic and you'll be fine. So long as you try to fit in, you'll fit in. We've had some real weirdos over the years and they slotted in just right, so... It's gravy.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 05:48:37 PM »
Yeah, just make an effort to not be autistic and you'll be fine. So long as you try to fit in, you'll fit in. We've had some real weirdos over the years and they slotted in just right, so... It's gravy.

Like this guy  :really_makes_you_think:
Things I did & done

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 05:48:47 PM »
Hahaha, I still remember people saying I seemed to be autistic  :dumb)  meh I'll try not to be lol  :thumbup

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »

Like this guy  :really_makes_you_think:

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:32 PM »
Wasn't around during all of this I don't think as I only joined GTM...early last year (?) but hey, you seem like a maturer and cool guy now! :mrgreen: I look forward to seeing what you do in the future and hope to see you join more tournaments and stuff too!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 06:20:46 PM »
Thanks man :)
Can't wait  to see your entries too!

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »
well if it makes you feel better I don't remember any of that
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 07:18:45 PM »
if it makes you feel better i barely come on gtm
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 11:22:20 PM »
if it makes you feel better you're going to get banned anyway  :gawe:

jk

Offline BDBlu

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I just got shocked.That means it's working, right?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 11:51:11 PM »
If it makes you feel better.... I was in the exact same situation.  Remember the Noob of the Year, MasterTech (maybe not if you didn't go that far back)?  I'm him.  I've done some stupid sh** and didn't take criticism well.  I thought my bots are were godly and undefeated until Starcore was introduced.  It shut me up and I tried to change, but the damage was done.  People don't take me seriously, and I left.  I came back as a completely different person and it was like my whole idiotic behavior is in the past.  You'll be fine.  This will pass.

Builder of Razor Guy and ROLFcopter

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 12:49:18 AM »
If it makes you feel better you don't know the way.
everywen

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 02:23:43 AM »
Cheers everyone :)

If it makes you feel better you don't know the way.
everywen
YOU HAVE TO HAVE EBOLA TO KNOW DA WAE

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 03:13:52 AM »
That's okay. There are times when we all act in an immature way on anywhere on the internet and not just this fourmboard. But it's good to hear that you're moving from the times that you consider your lowest and learning from your mistakes. So how about you just start out with a fresh new start, start a new attitude and don't repeat the same mistakes again.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 03:43:53 AM »
I'm not around here much these days but it's good to see you. Hope all is well.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »
That's okay. There are times when we all act in an immature way on anywhere on the internet and not just this fourmboard. But it's good to hear that you're moving from the times that you consider your lowest and learning from your mistakes. So how about you just start out with a fresh new start, start a new attitude and don't repeat the same mistakes again.
Yeah man, just tryna leave the past behind and wipe the slate clean :)
I'm not around here much these days but it's good to see you. Hope all is well.
You too my man

Offline Asbestosstar

• Most Bizzare of 2017. Also2nd Best new host of 2017
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
    • Asbestosstar Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Asbestosstar.com
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 09:58:31 AM »
Youre always OK homie! I am immature all the time.
Everyone here is occasionally.