Author Topic: RoboGauntlet - Signups (Closed)  (Read 4801 times)

Offline doot

RoboGauntlet - Signups (Closed)
« on: November 18, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »

If I don't explain stuff that well, then I apologise for that.

Main Rules:
DSL 2.2 - Strict IRL
CruiserWeights (399.1-600.0KGs)
I am giving 1 month for signups. This will either increase or decrease depending on signup numbers.
24 entrants are allowed in, with one entrant per person. This will increase to 2 entrants per person after 1 week into signups.
I am capable of AI'ing your own robots, but I am not that good at AI'ing, so I would highly suggest that you do it yourself.
I reserve the right to disqualify your robot for any reason, including if it is seen to be tryhard or if it is not IRL enough.
If your robot is rejected, then you will not get a spot reserved. You can, however, attempt to enter as many robots as you can until you are accepted.
In the case your robot is first accepted, then your robot can only be modified or changed once, so be careful with your entry.

Building Rules:
All robots can have either wheels, treads or shuffling pods for locomotion. They must, however, show controlled movement.
--Wheels and treads provide no weight cushion, but shufflers gain an extra 100 KGs for use.
----Shufflers can not use weaponry on their locomotion and at least 200KGs must be used on the shuffling mechanism.
The nature of the tournament means that SnS'es (both standard and MeltyBrain) are banned.
Clusterbots/Distraction Robots/Drones are banned this time around.
Your robot can utilise modular weaponry and setups, but they must not deviate that far from the original design of the robots.
--Be warned that I will give you a certain time limit for you to make your choices. If not, then I will decide your robot's setup, so be careful.
Both versions of the DSC IRL pack are allowed.
Cheatbot2 is completely banned.
BFE and CF are allowed for aesthetic purposes.
All of the in-game glitches are allowed.

Battle Rules:
Each of the 24 robots will be randomly split into 6 heats of 4, where they will then be drawn into 2 groups of 2 where the robots battle each other.
The winner of each set of 2 goes on to the Heat Final, where the 2 robots have to battle until someone reaches the Grand Final.
The 6 robots then fight in the Grand final, where the robots will compete against each other in 3 groups of 2. The top 3 robots from each group will advance to the True Grand Final, where the robot who wins the battle wins the tournament.
I am not disqualifying robots for havoking. In the case of a havok, the match will be restarted until there is a match with minimal havok explosions.

The Scoring System:
Points will be gained based on the overall prowess of robots and how well the robots do in the events.
Whoever gains the most points at the end of the 4 rounds will go through to the Heat Final/Grand Final.

Points System For All 4 Rounds:

Round 1: Dummy Destruction

Round 2: King Of The Hill

Round 3: Sumo Basho

Round 4: Duel

Heat/Grand Final: Final Fight

Extra Battles:
Grudge Matches between robots can be requested inside the arenas that are used. You can fight whoever you want to, but there will be one grudge match per person.
An end-tournament rumble will be hosted, where all of the competitors fight to see who is the rumble champion.
--Each match lasts for 3 minutes in the Ring Arena.
Finally, awards will be hosted once the tournament finishes. The awards will be revealed once we get to them.

Green: Ready
Amber: Received and accepted, but not ready
Red: Rejected (PM will be sent regarding what is wrong)
Italics - Update has been used

(As of 27th November, 00:00 (British Timezone or w/e you call it), second entries are now allowed in.)

Entrant List:
01: Guldenflame - Antimony
02: Badger - Bargain Bin Shovel
03: F1Krazy - Minor Discord 2
04: Jamied666 - Hit 'N' Miss
05: Rob Collins - Reading Steiner
06: dragonsteincole - Queen Lance-A-Frog
07: firestorm999 - Unusual Trapezium
08: HavokMcSplosion - Titanium Hide
09: Baconus_Yum - Broken Tuna Can
10: Avalanche - Onslaught Evolution
11: Thrackerzod - Waluigi Time Hammer
12: Tashic - Fangs
13: Sylandro - Scorpius
14: botomatic1000 - Bloodwing
15: Badnik96 - Short Stack
16: Guldenflame - The Absolute Best Flipper Out There (T.A.B.F.O.T)
17: Badger - Mechawhore
18: Baconus_Yum - Cyclone
19: Kurt - Scorpion
20: firestorm999 - Bullet Bot's Revenge
21: 090901 - Gronk, The Tight End
22: Avalanche - Anti Gravity Evo
23: 090901 - The Big E
24: Jamied666 - Not PP3D*
25: botomatic1000 - Blue Marlin*
26: Rob Collins - Spinneroo, Mate*
27: Craaig - Sliceberg-C*

*The bottom 4 entries got entered at the same time, so to decide who takes spot 24, the 4 entries will fight in the Ring Arena.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:44:21 PM by DemonOfTomorrow »

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: RoboGauntlet - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 02:16:31 PM »
I'd enter the heck out of this. Probably not with Deathstalker - I think it's seen enough action for now - but I'm sure I can throw something together.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »
Joining this, No Joke.
Didn't Win Anything Award GTM 2K17
Notable Tournament Entrees:
Bacon Emergency: 2nd Place in Emergency exit.
Spinner From the North: 2nd Place in SFTW Showdown
Abominable: 1st place in the MW division of The Cybernetic Colosseum

Offline Jammy Dodger

• The welsh idiot you probably dislike
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
This (if I'm lucky) will be my 4th tournament. DSL 2.2 sign me UP!

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 06:17:04 PM »
IRL... 13 black IRL?

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 08:51:53 PM »
If two go through from the Heat, won't that screw with the Grand Final bracket?

Offline doot

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 04:13:14 AM »
If two go through from the Heat, won't that screw with the Grand Final bracket?
If 2 robots tie in the heats, then they both go through to the heat final. The final fight still has the robots battling it out until one robot remains, however.

In the case of both robots tying in the grand final, both robots have to fight in the duel again, where the winner goes through.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 01:39:29 PM »
Why cruiserweight? It's a stupid weightclass, waste of time. Do HW or MW.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline doot

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 01:53:34 PM »
Why cruiserweight? It's a stupid weightclass, waste of time. Do HW or MW.
If it was middleweight, the robots would struggle in rounds 1 and 3, while heavyweights would get through those rounds too easy. I went for the cruiserweight class in the end. That, and I already did a HW tournament prior, so I am going for another weightclass.

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »
Badger complaining about "muh meta"? It must be [Instert any day of the week here].

Voted yes, just because the format is a good break from the excess of single/double elimination tournaments right now, as well as hopefully proving people to build more versatile bots.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RoboGauntlet - Signups
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 06:49:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

If I don't explain stuff that well, then I apologise for that.

Main Rules:
DSL 2.2 - Strict IRL
CruiserWeights (399.1-600.0KGs)
I am giving 1 month for signups. This will either increase or decrease depending on signup numbers.
24 entrants are allowed in, with one entrant per person. This will increase to 2 entrants per person after 1 week into signups.
I am capable of AI'ing your own robots, but I am not that good at AI'ing, so I would highly suggest that you do it yourself.
I reserve the right to disqualify your robot for any reason, including if it is seen to be tryhard or if it is not IRL enough.
If your robot is rejected, then you will not get a spot reserved. You can, however, attempt to enter as many robots as you can until you are accepted.
In the case your robot is first accepted, then your robot can only be modified or changed once, so be careful with your entry.

Building Rules:
All robots can have either wheels, treads or shuffling pods for locomotion. They must, however, show controlled movement.
--Wheels and treads provide no weight cushion, but shufflers gain an extra 100 KGs for use.
----Shufflers can not use weaponry on their locomotion and at least 200KGs must be used on the shuffling mechanism.
The nature of the tournament means that SnS'es (both standard and MeltyBrain) are banned.
Clusterbots/Distraction Robots/Drones are banned this time around.
Your robot can utilise modular weaponry and setups, but they must not deviate that far from the original design of the robots.
--Be warned that I will give you a certain time limit for you to make your choices. If not, then I will decide your robot's setup, so be careful.
Both versions of the DSC IRL pack are allowed.
Cheatbot2 is completely banned.
BFE and CF are allowed for aesthetic purposes.
All of the in-game glitches are allowed.

Battle Rules:
Each of the 24 robots will be randomly split into 6 heats of 4, where they will then be drawn into 2 groups of 2 where the robots battle each other.
The winner of each set of 2 goes on to the Heat Final, where the 2 robots have to battle until someone reaches the Grand Final.
The 6 robots then fight in the Grand final, where the robots will compete against each other in 3 groups of 2. The top 3 robots from each group will advance to the True Grand Final, where the robot who wins the battle wins the tournament.
I am not disqualifying robots for havoking. In the case of a havok, the match will be restarted until there is a match with minimal havok explosions.

The Scoring System:
Points will be gained based on the overall prowess of robots and how well the robots do in the events.
Whoever gains the most points at the end of the 4 rounds will go through to the Heat Final/Grand Final.

Points System For All 4 Rounds:

Round 1: Dummy Destruction

Round 2: King Of The Hill

Round 3: Sumo Basho

Round 4: Duel

Heat/Grand Final: Final Fight

Extra Battles:
Grudge Matches between robots can be requested inside the arenas that are used. You can fight whoever you want to, but there will be one grudge match per person.
An end-tournament rumble will be hosted, where all of the competitors fight to see who is the rumble champion.
--Each match lasts for 3 minutes in the Ring Arena.
Finally, awards will be hosted once the tournament finishes. The awards will be revealed once we get to them.

Entrant List:
01:
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:

Rejected Entrant List:
--None ATM
This is now a signups topic and the rules quoted may not change. Have fun, you've got 3 months.

Offline doot

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 06:52:01 PM »
As per usual, 1 month for signups. After 1 week, you can send your second 'bot, so choose your first one wisely. ;)

EDIT: We have our first entry received, but not fully AI'ed: Guldenflame

Offline doot

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 06:10:52 AM »
Entry accepted: Badger

Entry Received: F1Krazy

Offline doot

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »
Entries Received: Jamied666 and Rob Collins

Offline doot

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 02:27:59 PM »
Entry Accepted: dragonsteincole

Entries Received: SpaceManiac888 firestorm999 and HavokMcSplosion

Offline Jammy Dodger

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 02:33:12 PM »
I regret putting in Hit'N'Miss in as a axe as that version was meant for the Not Just Another DSL 2.2 Tournament. Can I make a remake?

Offline doot

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 02:51:01 PM »
I regret putting in Hit'N'Miss in as a axe as that version was meant for the Not Just Another DSL 2.2 Tournament. Can I make a remake?

Yes. If you feel like you need to update an entry, then do so, but be warned as you can only modify or change your entry(ies) once and once only.

Offline Jammy Dodger

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 03:10:47 PM »
Thanks!

Offline doot

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 03:34:04 PM »
Entry Rejected: Baconus_Yum

EDIT: Entry Received and Accepted for use: Baconus_Yum
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:04:57 PM by DemonOfTomorrow »

Offline doot

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 12:13:54 PM »
DP:

C'mon, guys, send me your 'bots. I currently have 15 spaces left, so get your 'bots in as quick as you can, especially as there are over 4 days left until second entries are allowed.