Author Topic: Bizarro World - Signups  (Read 3028 times)

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bizarro World - Signups
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:16:42 PM »

Building rules:
DSL 2.2 - Unrealistic/Stock rules
Weight - HW (up to 800.0kg)
No BFE or any other kind of editing outside of the bot lab, however, as mentioned above, in-game glitches are fine
No cheatbot2
No multibots
There are no limits to how much or how many times you can update your bot after you have submitted one but be wary that the version you send in could be the one I use, if you don't update your robot in time. So, please, be vigilant when making and sending off your bot
Serge's rule of 7 breaker is allowed but no other component freedom

Other rules:
Electric Arena 2 - Hazards off
Swiss layout
3 minute matches
Havok rule - 1 strike results in a restart, 2 strikes and you're out. These havoks have to be game effecting (such as touching the opposing bot whilst havoking or a bot causing damage to itself via havoking) *
Maximum of 8 entries
Feel free to AI your own bot if you wish but I'll AI for you if you can't or won't. If you bot has any specifications in terms of their .py, please attempt to AI it yourself but I will do my best to apply the correct .py.

*If a bot havoks when the outcome of the match is near certain, that will be at my discretion, I will not restart the match and I will award the win to the bot that was about to win.

Entrants:
1. RedAce
2. Thrackerzod
3. DeadGenocide
4. battledutchman
5. Badger
6. Jet-speed
7. playzooki
8. TBD Devastator

Black - Received
Green - Accepted and AI'ed
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:47:51 AM by yugitom »

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bizzaro World
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 12:22:50 PM »
I'll enter!

What's the ruling on the Component Freedom stuff?  Is any of it legal?

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:25:23 PM »
I assume you're talking about the rule of 7. I forgot about that because I worked off the template which didn't know of it's existence back then :P I think I'll ban it, for now. Perhaps I'll allow it, if enough people want it that badly.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 12:36:42 PM »
I feel that the RA2T#2 is too small for DSL HW. Not really a fan of single elimination coupled woth BO1s.

I assume you're talking about the rule of 7. I forgot about that because I worked off the template which didn't know of it's existence back then :P I think I'll ban it, for now. Perhaps I'll allow it, if enough people want it that badly.
There's also two more parts to component freedom now. One disables component collison entirely, and the other let's you attach whatever you want to anything. I'd probably ban those two and let the RO7 bypass in.

Aside from that, I'd probably join. Haven't seen a unrealistic dsl tournament in awhile.
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
I thought it was something to enter new and strange designs, not DSL unrealistic.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 12:43:32 PM »
I thought it was something to enter new and strange designs, not DSL unrealistic.
I'm not sure of his intention but I know that's what he said the premise for Bizzaro World is. Unless you're talking about your first impressions on the name.

I feel that the RA2T#2 is too small for DSL HW. Not really a fan of single elimination coupled woth BO1s.

There's also two more parts to component freedom now. One disables component collison entirely, and the other let's you attach whatever you want to anything. I'd probably ban those two and let the RO7 bypass in.

Aside from that, I'd probably join. Haven't seen a unrealistic dsl tournament in awhile.
I see. Yeah, component freedom is completely barred but, considering the name and what Nary said, I may let the RO7 breaker slide. As for the arena, I'll do some test fights and I'll see what I think of it. If I still think it's suitable, you won't hear anything from me. And, as for single elimination BO1, I may change that to double elimination but still BO1 because my attention span wavers in bot matches. Thracker's most recent tournament has been the only one in which I watch the whole matches all the way through :P I really do prefer fast paced games. I, sometimes, feel that matches can drag on.

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 01:45:02 PM »
I get to build stock stuff in dsl? I am so in...
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Hi5er

• GTM Member Since 2010
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Where creativity meets low expectations.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »
Wahey, Hi5 is back and a stock rules tourney appears (as if by magic).

I'm in.

Guess I'll have to download DSL 2.2 and get playing with some of the new parts...!

On second thought I think I'll just sit this one out and follow it.

To enter a DSL tournament at this stage would be suicidal I feel haha, I'll wait for a stock tourney!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:06:16 AM by Hi5er »
Tournament History:

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 06:24:53 AM »
I am in.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »
Considering the interest, I'm going to make this a nice and quaint 8-man tournament. However, how do people want me to do the tournament? I really like the idea of a Swiss format (like Round Robin but will end when there is a definite winner) or I could do double elimination. I rather dislike the double elimination format but, if an overwhelming amount of people would prefer double elim, I'll do that instead.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »
Considering the interest, I'm going to make this a nice and quaint 8-man tournament. However, how do people want me to do the tournament? I really like the idea of a Swiss format (like Round Robin but will end when there is a definite winner) or I could do double elimination. I rather dislike the double elimination format but, if an overwhelming amount of people would prefer double elim, I'll do that instead.
Swiss sounds great
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 04:44:13 PM »

Doesn't matter to me; I'll enter either way.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »
Whatever works for you.  If you're willing to put yourself through a Swiss tournament, that's cool with me.

And yeah, sure I'll enter.  Unrealistic DSL sounds interesting.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 04:49:49 PM »
I've decided to change the arena to Electric Arena 2. With that, I'm happy with the tournament rules and layout. So... I haven't done this for myself yet.

The tournament mod has been on a bit of a hosting hiatus and that's not a good precedent! I said that I'd like to take over Yoda's tournament idea after he gave people the right to do so, so here it is. I didn't want to keep the name but I couldn't think of anything better :P  I don't need the poll but I'd like to gauge interest.

(Image removed from quote.)

Building rules:
DSL 2.2 - Unrealistic/Stock rules
Weight - HW (up to 800.0kg)
No BFE or any other kind of editing outside of the bot lab, however, as mentioned above, in-game glitches are fine
No cheatbot2
No multibots
There are no limits to how much or how many times you can update your bot after you have submitted one but be wary that the version you send in could be the one I use, if you don't update your robot in time. So, please, be vigilant when making and sending off your bot
Serge's rule of 7 breaker is allowed but no other component freedom

Other rules:
Electric Arena 2 - Hazards off
Swiss layout
3 minute matches
Havok rule - 1 strike results in a restart, 2 strikes and you're out. These havoks have to be game effecting (such as touching the opposing bot whilst havoking or a bot causing damage to itself via havoking) *
Maximum of 8 entries
Feel free to AI your own bot if you wish but I'll AI for you if you can't or won't. If you bot has any specifications in terms of their .py, please attempt to AI it yourself but I will do my best to apply the correct .py.

*If a bot havoks when the outcome of the match is near certain, that will be at my discretion, I will not restart the match and I will award the win to the bot that was about to win.
This is now a signups topic and I can't change these rules. I have 9 months :P

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bizzaro World - Signups
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 05:38:16 PM »
Received RedAce's entry.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »
Oh good, this is in signups!  Sent somethin'

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 12:49:06 AM »
This seems interesting. Probably won't enter but i might.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 11:55:28 AM »
RedAce, Thrackerzod, DG and battledutchman all accepted and AI'ed. 4 spots left.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 06:23:29 PM »
Badger accepted and AI'ed. 3 spots left.

Offline Jet-speed

• The Transient
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Over 10 years and still can't build HWs.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Andle#5961
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
Expect something from me in a little bit, just gotta bust out the bindings, refamiliarize myself with AI'ing and throw a skin on it before sending. ^^