Author Topic: [DSL IRL - All Weightclasses] ADOT IRL Tournament - SIGNUPS (CLOSED)  (Read 12822 times)

Offline doot

[splashcomingsoon.png]

Main Rules:
DSL 2.2 - IRL
All Weightclasses are allowed apart from UHW and GHW.
Weight Limits for each class:
1 entry per person per weightclass, for a total of 7 entries.
--You do not have to enter every weightclass, but I highly recommend that you do.
There are no entry limits in this tournament.
The signups will have a deadline in place when each weightclass has over 16 entries available.
Although I can AI your robots, I am not reliable at doing so. I highly suggest you do so yourself.
I can reject a robot for any reason, whether it be tryhard robots or blatant re-entries with no change whatsoever.
If any of your robots get rejected, you do not get a reserved spot. You are able to enter as many times as required until your robot gets accepted.
Any of your robots can be updated once and once only when they are first accepted. This can include either a change to the base robot or a new robot entirely. The update is removed once I get a robot that is acceptable.

Building Rules:
Your robots can have any kind of locomotion, including weaponed wheels. They must show controlled movement.
--Wheels and treads do not get any extra weight.
--Wheels that act as weaponry (such as Ginsu) are ineligible for a weight bonus.
--Shufflers have an extra 50% of weight to use. The bonus has to be used on the locomotion and Shufflers cannot have weapons on its wheels as it would fall under the weaponed wheels category.
--Pure Walkers have a 100% weight bonus. They have to use proper legs and the weight bonus has to be used on the walking mechanism at minimum.
Generally, all robot types are allowed.
--Thwackers and SnS'es are allowed, but can only have a small range of attack to use.
--Meltybrain Spinners cannot have any moving weaponry whatsoever. The robot must also have LED's to signify a Melty robot.
Any robots using Defensive Offense will be rejected.
--It is up to me to judge if your robot offends this rule. Chisels are fine, but sledgehammer defense isn't, for example.
--The ruling is more lenient on rammers, but obvious weapon spam is banned.
Burst Motor spam will cause your robot to be rejected.
--This is to avoid the BS circulating around robots like Badger's Paladin and my own Aether Paradise.
This time around, clusterbots and distraction robots can be built as the nature of the tournament allows it.
--Clusterbots have to total up to the weight limits of their weightclasses.
--If 60% of the weight of the robot goes out, the entire robot is eliminated.
Drones return to the scene this time around.
--The robot has to weigh a maximum of 150KGs and require an exposed chassis to avoid what happened with robots last time. The drones can use BFE, but the chassis cannot be any lower than 0.1 in the notepad++ file.
--Exclusively for this tournament, the hover engine weighs only 0.1KGS and is now completely invisible. However, you have to make faux-rotors for the drones. This means your drones will have to weigh 189.9KGs maximum before you send them to me if you do not have the self-made hovercraft.
--Drones are not allowed in weightclasses below CW, however. Any attempt to enter drones below CW will get rejected automatically.
Modular units are allowed. Only 3 options are allowed for a single robot and 2 per half of a clusterbot.
--You have to give me a list of what attachment goes to what robot when the SBV hits the screen. You have a week to do this, and if you do not answer for all robots, then I will choose for you.
DSC IRL packs are allowed and are highly encouraged for this pack, along with skinned components.
Cheatbot2 components allowed are the MOE Motor, Flatmotor, Stock Flamethrower, Nightmare E-Tek, Hworf Blade, TDD Gear and Overkill Servo Motor.
I am allowing Component Freedom and BFE for this tournament so you can make your robots look more... awesomer.
OBJ RA2 is allowed. If the robot crashes the game when damaged, though, it'll get rejected.
Any entries that are terrible will get rejected straight away. Put some bloody effort in.
I will also ask you to rename/reskin robots with inappropriate nameschemes and skins. They will be rejected if the name isn't changed within 24 hours.

Battle Rules:
The battles take place in... well, its a complete bloody secret. The arena will be revealed once I get to the end of signups.
Each match will last for 3 minutes and all fights will be a 1V1.
All of the brackets will be double elimination.
If your robot cannot show controlled movement for about 30 seconds, then it'll be eliminated.
In the event that the match hits a judges' decision, then I will be deciding, based on the criteria of Aggression, Control and Damage.
--Damage and Aggression are worth 2 points while Control is 1 point.
--In order to avoid obvious bias, I will not enter my tournament in any way possible.
Matches will be re-recorded until I have a match with minimal havoking.

Entry Lists:
Green: Accepted and AI'ed.
Amber: Received and Accepted
Blue: Received
Red: Rejected
Italics: Update Used

SIGNUPS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OVER. NO FURTHER ENTRIES CAN BE SENT IN.

AW:
BW:
LW:
MW:
CW:
HW:
SHW:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:29:46 PM by DemonOfTomorrow »

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
Re: Another DemonOfTomorrow IRL Tournament - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »
ENTERING.

Quick couple of questions: Are drones really a good idea? How are you going to make them easy to kill if the bottom is invincible? Will the arena have area for OOTA's?

I voted no on drones for now.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »
> burst motor spam
> paladin

boi someone is still salty.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline doot

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 07:12:35 PM »
> burst motor spam
> paladin

So apparently balancing out flippers so that they're not overpowered is equivalent to me being salty...

all right then (also i mentioned my own robot because I know you're not the only one guilty of this lul)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »
> burst motor spam
> paladin

So apparently balancing out flippers so that they're not overpowered is equivalent to me being salty...

all right then (also i mentioned my own robot because I know you're not the only one guilty of this lul)
I thought you were just being salty about muh 3 bursts, rather than trying to balance flippers. I agree, flippers are retarded broken in DSL, not only in IRL.

But it's not a great method of balancing, because 2 long VDMAs are literally more powerful than the 3 mediums I used on Paladin, for similar weight (I can't remember if they're heavier/lighter in total).

A better method of balancing would be having a maximum total weight spent on bursts per weight class.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 12:04:09 AM »
I am down

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 04:07:31 AM »
Multiple weight-classes you say?
I'll be happy to enter this tournament seeing it's sounds similar to other tournaments like Swords of Glory when you can build any bot for any weight division without having to enter them all.But seriously, I don't know how difficult is it to build a realistic Ant-weight in a game full of top heavy parts and from someone who can't build Ant-weights (If anyone can give me an example, please PM me), it might be possible but I'll probably give those weight-classes a pass. Apart from that, I'll give the other weight classes a good attempt, even when I don't win. Overall, I'm up for it.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 05:35:07 AM »
Because everyone was so civil last time we had drones...

Offline Merrick

• Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 07:10:56 AM »
Will definitely be entering.

Pretty impartial about the drone subject.

Offline doot

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
The results of the vote is IN!

With 13 yes votes to 10 no votes, this means that Drones are going to be allowed into the tournaments! Only the ones at CW class and above, though. I'm currently working on making a collision-less hover engine so that it does not give the drones Narmour.

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 12:59:25 AM »
is it gonna be an enclosed arena (combat arena, containment cube) or open air (battlebox, RW arena, Parking Lot Arena)?
beep beep

Offline doot

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
The poll is up for you guys to see if you want this tournament to proceed!

is it gonna be an enclosed arena (combat arena, containment cube) or open air (battlebox, RW arena, Parking Lot Arena)?
The arena may have OotA zones. Its up to you to decide if it is or not :3

Offline doot

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 03:02:18 PM »
A double post is a bit blegh, but I have managed to create the collisionless Hovercraft engine! It works the exact same as the standard one, but it no longer blocks the base of the robot. This will mean that drones are more vulnerable to attack from vertical spinners.

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »
A double post is a bit blegh, but I have managed to create the collisionless Hovercraft engine! It works the exact same as the standard one, but it no longer blocks the base of the robot. This will mean that drones are more vulnerable to attack from vertical spinners.
/hammers/rakes/Red Barons
I have several opinions.

Offline doot

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 12:27:15 PM »
Another Update:
The Hovercraft engine is now invisible and weighs only 0.1KGs for better drone building. The BFE ruling is gone, but the drones cannot be lower than 0.1 in the botlab. They must also have faux-rotors to signify an IRL dronebot.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »
Nice! Is there a download link for it? I might throw together a SHW entry with a drone.
My DSL Showcase

Offline doot

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 02:48:01 PM »
You don't need to download it. Just make sure that the drone weighs a maximum of 189.9KGs and you should be good.

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
I'm with F1. I've got my 4 lower weight bots done, maybe drones will help me be creative with the larger 3.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 03:35:35 PM »
Even with the weight bonus, is anyone actually gonna build a walker?
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
Even with the weight bonus, is anyone actually gonna build a walker?
hi