Author Topic: [DSL IRL - All Weightclasses] ADOT IRL Tournament - SIGNUPS (CLOSED)  (Read 12951 times)

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • *insert dank memes here*
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: [DSL IRL - All Weightclasses] ADOT IRL Tournament - SIGNUPS
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »
Hate saying this Herpaderp, but please refrain from double posting.

oh woops lol, i will merge them

(sorry when your listening to some dank ass music and hyped for your first tournament you forget basic things lol)
That guy that listens to your opinion about how to improve his bot but half the time doesn't change anything anyway.

Offline doot

« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2017, 03:54:49 AM »
Holy robot dump, Batman!
Accepted:
Kurt (All Weightclasses)
Avalanche (LW, MW, CW, HW and SHW)
Mr. AS (AW, BW, LW, MW, CW and HW)
PrimevalMamba (MW and HW)
Tashic (HW Only)

Rejected:
Enigma (HW does not currently conform fully to IRL rules)
Herpaderp64 (SHW is not IRL)
Mr. AS (SHW has way too many problems right now)

ONLY 11 HOURS ARE LEFT!!!!

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
sorry but how the hell is it not irl exactly? i'd like to know exactly why so i can fix it
hurry up and tell me, i still got 5 hours to rebuild it from scratch if i bloody have to, im entering this tournament even if it kills me
(im new to this irl thing so the least you could do is explain how im supposed to build it "irl")
its the 2 perm motrs outside the chassis isn't it? i'll tweak them to be inside then resend again and to be clear this is a remake of a bot i saw on a little youtube series that was hosted after robot wars was taken off the air called lego robot wars (they built little radio controlled lego bots and made them fight) and whiplash was one of the most destructive and amusing bots on there, so from what i've hear irl is about a good show and let me tell you this thing is great for that aspect lol. i will keep sending as many times as it takes to get it in because i want mayhem
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:17:28 AM by Herpaderp64 »
That guy that listens to your opinion about how to improve his bot but half the time doesn't change anything anyway.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2017, 10:46:03 AM »
sorry but how the hell is it not irl exactly? i'd like to know exactly why so i can fix it
hurry up and tell me, i still got 5 hours to rebuild it from scratch if i bloody have to, im entering this tournament even if it kills me
(im new to this irl thing so the least you could do is explain how im supposed to build it "irl")
its the 2 perm motrs outside the chassis isn't it? i'll tweak them to be inside then resend again and to be clear this is a remake of a bot i saw on a little youtube series that was hosted after robot wars was taken off the air called lego robot wars (they built little radio controlled lego bots and made them fight) and whiplash was one of the most destructive and amusing bots on there, so from what i've hear irl is about a good show and let me tell you this thing is great for that aspect lol. i will keep sending as many times as it takes to get it in because i want mayhem
My advice would be to create a showcase and post screenshots of your robots there, so people can give you feedback on them and help you improve. Take a look at other people's DSL showcases as well and see what they're doing, it'll help you understand what DSL-IRL robots are meant to look like.

Having your motors outside of the chassis isn't necessarily un-IRL, but it's really not recommended either because it makes them vulnerable to getting damaged or knocked off. So try and move them inside the chassis if you can, and also make sure that the weapon itself is supported and doesn't just look like it's floating in mid-air.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »
My advice would be to create a showcase and post screenshots of your robots there, so people can give you feedback on them and help you improve. Take a look at other people's DSL showcases as well and see what they're doing, it'll help you understand what DSL-IRL robots are meant to look like.

Having your motors outside of the chassis isn't necessarily un-IRL, but it's really not recommended either because it makes them vulnerable to getting damaged or knocked off. So try and move them inside the chassis if you can, and also make sure that the weapon itself is supported and doesn't just look like it's floating in mid-air.
well i rebuilt whiplash from scratch its slower but it should fit irl standards now (i hope) i'll post a quick screenshot here for you to judge (will delete it once you let me know whether its ready or not)

EDIT: thanks krazy for the help, just hope its enough now

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:53:55 AM by Herpaderp64 »

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »

well i rebuilt whiplash from scratch its slower but it should fit irl standards now (i hope) i'll post a quick screenshot here for you to judge (will delete it once you let me know whether its ready or not)
So I got this picture from Demon of Tomorrow (or Doot for short) and here's the issues I see:

1: The bars on the inside of the axles facing inwards towards the middle will cut straight through the perm, which is unrealistic and not IRL.

2: You only have the reinforced perm metal holding the axle. That wouldn't be enough in real life. Put a couple of extenders jsut next to the other side of the bar to give it support.

3: There's not enough support for the external perm. Either use armor panels to make a sort of box around them or use the chassis to keep them internal, kind of like Heavy Metal Noise: http://battlebots.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Metal_Noise
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2017, 12:22:30 PM »
yeah i've rebuilt whiplash completely from scratch heres what it looks like now
sent it off to demon, just have to wait and see if its enough

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »
Look, I know you are asking for help on making your bot more IRL Herp. But shouldn't you be making a showcase topic for your bots instead of posting them on an tournament board? There's no harm in asking for help Herpderp, but like when you posted in the tournament discussion board, this isn't really the thread to post in Herp like if you make one bad post in a chat room that's on a different topic. So just listen to F1Krazy and please try and use the showcase section to post your bot and asking for help in the future. You're getting the help here but not only you can get more help from people, it stays on topic of asking for advice about your builds.
Edit: Oh wait, you did make a showcase.

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2017, 12:36:52 PM »
Look, I know you are asking for help on making your bot more IRL Herp. But shouldn't you be making a showcase topic for your bots instead of posting them on an tournament board? There's no harm in asking for help Herpderp, but like when you posted in the tournament discussion board, this isn't really the thread to post in Herp like if you make one bad post in a chat room that's on a different topic. So just listen to F1Krazy and please try and use the showcase section to post your bot and asking for help in the future. You're getting the help here but not only you can get more help from people, it stays on topic of asking for advice about your builds.
i already did, don't think anyone's noticed yet
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=20105.msg729998#msg729998

Offline doot

Re: [DSL IRL - All Weightclasses] ADOT IRL Tournament - SIGNUPS (CLOSED???)
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2017, 03:03:30 PM »
Supermassive Bot Dump baby
Accepted:
TheRoboteer (AW Update)
TheOrcCorp (AW Update)
NeonCalypso (AW Update and MW Update)
PrimevalMamba (AW Only)
Doodle2411 (SHW Only)
Enigma (MW, HW and SHW)
Herpaderp64 (SHW Only)
WenXiangLee (LW Only)
Geice (LW, MW, HW and SHW)
playzooki (AW, LW, MW and CW)

And with that, the signups...

Are not officially over yet!!!

That's right, I am handing out a further 3 days of extension for people to fix their robots or update them before the signups fully close off for good! The new date for signups is Wednesday the 14th of June, same time! If ya aven't already, get building! ;)

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »
And thus doot's ra2 Ponzi scheme continues.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2017, 01:55:08 PM »
Are you trying to get >68 builders to sign up so that you can break the old record?

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »
Are you trying to get >68 builders to sign up so that you can break the old record?
nah he wants exactly 69 builders for the meme

Offline doot

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »
HNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Accepted:
Jamied666 (CW Update)
botomatic1000 (MW Update and SHW)
PrimevalMamba (LW Only)
playzooki (HW Only)
090901 (BW, LW, MW, CW, HW and SHW)
Scrap Daddy (AW, BW, LW, MW and HW)

Rejected:
Scrap Daddy (SHW uses illegal cheatbot2 components)

Only 2 days of the extension remain! Also, big news while I'm updating here...

This tournament is the first IRL tournament ever to hit 200 ENTRIES!!! I cannot thank all of you guys enough for getting this tournament up to an absurd number of robots!

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2017, 03:02:27 PM »
How many builders at this point?

Offline Merrick

• Rep: 3
  • Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2017, 06:18:44 AM »
post-tournament ai pack says what

Offline doot

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2017, 06:23:52 PM »
post-tournament ai pack says what
:really_makes_you_think:

Anyways, robbots.
Accepted:
Herpaderp64 (HW and SHW Update)
Avalanche (BW Only)
battledutchman (MW Only)
Badnik96 (HW Only)

Rejected:
Herpaderp64 (MW does not conform to IRL rules)

20 Final Hours Remain...

Offline Merrick

• Rep: 3
  • Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »
I might replace everything I've entered with stuff that I've drunk-built

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2017, 07:42:24 PM »
I might replace everything I've entered with stuff that I've drunk-built
do it

Offline doot

Re: [DSL IRL - All Weightclasses] ADOT IRL Tournament - SIGNUPS (CLOSED)
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2017, 03:25:39 PM »
Final load of robots, mate! :3
Accepted:
Thyrus (AW, BW, LW, MW and SHW)
cephalopod (AW, BW, LW, MW, CW and SHW)
Asbestosstar (MW Only)
Herpaderp64 (HW Only)
Mr. AS (SHW Only)

Rejected:
Herpaderp64 (MW is still not IRL)

And as of this message, the signups have now CLOSED.

Two hundred and twenty three entries.

I never thought it was even possible to get that amount of robots into a single IRL tournament, but the wonderful people of GTM have clearly proven me wrong here. I owe my thanks to all of you for making this as massive a tournament as it can be.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am off to AI all of these robots myself. Should be a hellaton of fun!