Author Topic: [DSL HW-IRL] Light vs Dark: Rematch - Signups  (Read 8418 times)

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
[DSL HW-IRL] Light vs Dark: Rematch - Signups
« on: July 17, 2017, 04:44:17 PM »
Once again, I'm putting no copyright on this thing. Feel free to rip off, copy, ect.

So... Where'd I mess up?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:40:50 AM by Guldenflame »
I have several opinions.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
Re: [DSL HW-IRL] Light vs Dark: Rematch
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 05:24:37 PM »
BADGER. YOU KNOW WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN.

I would appreciate instead of doing a "entrant chooses their team" system, you did a draft system, maybe with one person picking a member at a time?

Also, it would be cool if instead of using your robots as spare robots, you used entrants from the original LvD. Just to remove literally all bias possible.

Oh, and I don't think the Robogames arena is good for flippers unless there is no roof, because the gap between the wall and plexiglass won't allow robots to fall in.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:45:03 PM by Avalanche »
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »
Please don't prompt him to do it again Ava...especially since you were the one that started the "thREEEEE bursts" flame war in the first place. Apologies for what seems like I'm blaming you, but it's the truth.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and re enter Grindr for this. Or a variant thereof.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »
I would appreciate instead of doing a "entrant chooses their team" system, you did a draft system, maybe with one person picking a member at a time?
There are other tournaments.  My format is choose your own adventure.  Mr As and Thracker did it as you requested in their LvDs.
Also, it would be cool if instead of using your robots as spare robots, you used entrants from the original LvD. Just to remove literally all bias possible.
Then who wouldn't choose Paladin?  And if people just re-enter their robots, we'd have doubles.
Oh, and I don't think the Robogames arena is good for flippers unless there is no roof, because the gap between the wall and plexiglass won't allow robots to fall in.
On the contrary, you can see in the preview that Flipster had OOTAed BBS.
I'm gonna go ahead and re enter Grindr for this. Or a variant thereof.
I have no Objections unless I decide to conform to Avalanche's will.
I have several opinions.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Please don't prompt him to do it again Ava...especially since you were the one that started the "thREEEEE bursts" flame war in the first place. Apologies for what seems like I'm blaming you, but it's the truth.

I need my vengeance.

There are other tournaments.  My format is choose your own adventure.  Mr As and Thracker did it as you requested in their LvDs.
Then who wouldn't choose Paladin?  And if people just re-enter their robots, we'd have doubles.

A: Just because somebody did it that way, doesn't mean you can't do it that way. Also the method you have right now is quite frankly sh** as by sheer luck one team can be blessed with all the 3 burst / ridiculously powerful flippers of any amount of bursts (if you allow them) and the other team can be left with none. A draft at least allows the captains to tactically split apart OP robots and replaces luck with strategic choice.

B: Ban re-entries and choose a small pool of robots that do not have sequels entered in the tournament, maybe?
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »
Sure, I'm up for this
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 06:18:48 PM »
"I'll have 1 Havok Restart per match.  If a second occurs, the culprit of the explosion will be DQed."

Problem:

Robot A rips off an flail from Robot B. Robot B havoks.
Single Havok Restart used up.
Robot B rips off a flail from Robot A. Robot A is the culprit. Robot A is DQ'd despite having the same number of Havoks as Robot B.

Replacement rule: If a robot havoks twice (and both times it is certainyl its fault) in a match, they will be disqualified.

Also, I'm going to request a limit on flipper power. I just don't think it's fair for a flipper to be able to send people into the ceiling or flip people OOTA from the middle of the arena. I'm all for competition, but it's just not fun or fair to have a robot able to ****ing curbstomp opponents like that, and it's arguably not very realistic either: but even if it was, it's a game that will never be a perfect simulation of real life.

If this rule isn't implemented, I'll probably be sending in a BS flipper because it's either that or getting sh**canned by a BS flipper.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 06:34:57 PM »
Flippers wouldn't be a problem if you used an arena with high walls (like I did for LvD2) or allowed SNS.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 06:37:02 PM »
"I'll have 1 Havok Restart per match.  If a second occurs, the culprit of the explosion will be DQed."

Problem:

Robot B rips off a flail from Robot A. Robot A is the culprit. Robot A is DQ'd despite having the same number of Havoks as Robot B.

Replacement rule: If a robot havoks twice (and both times it is certainyl its fault) in a match, they will be disqualified.
Good point.

Also, I'm going to request a limit on flipper power. I just don't think it's fair for a flipper to be able to send people into the ceiling or flip people OOTA from the middle of the arena. I'm all for competition, but it's just not fun or fair to have a robot able to ****ing curbstomp opponents like that, and it's arguably not very realistic either: but even if it was, it's a game that will never be a perfect simulation of real life.

If this rule isn't implemented, I'll probably be sending in a BS flipper because it's either that or getting sh**canned by a BS flipper.
You're trying to what Robot Wars are doing to spinners, but with flippers.
Besides, If Wheely Big Cheese could toss a robot halfway across the arena, anyone can.

P.S.  Why are you only doing this to me and not in other tournaments?  :ermm:
It's really easy for me to snap under pressure...

A: Just because somebody did it that way, doesn't mean you can't do it that way. Also the method you have right now is quite frankly sh** as by sheer luck one team can be blessed with all the 3 burst / ridiculously powerful flippers of any amount of bursts (if you allow them) and the other team can be left with none. A draft at least allows the captains to tactically split apart OP robots and replaces luck with strategic choice.
Can't stop what I enjoy.
B: Ban re-entries and choose a small pool of robots that do not have sequels entered in the tournament, maybe?
As cool as it is, it would bring up a lot of problems.  Such as if someone clones of Lost Cause.  Do I count it as a Grindr ripoff?
Besides... You act like we're gonna need Spare robots...
I have several opinions.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 07:07:05 PM »

Problem:

Good point.

You're trying to what Robot Wars are doing to spinners, but with flippers.
Besides, If Wheely Big Cheese could toss a robot halfway across the arena, anyone can.

P.S.  Why are you only doing this to me and not in other tournaments?  :ermm:
It's really easy for me to snap under pressure...

Can't stop what I enjoy.
As cool as it is, it would bring up a lot of problems.  Such as if someone clones of Lost Cause.  Do I count it as a Grindr ripoff?
Besides... You act like we're gonna need Spare robots...

Firstly, WBC only did that with illegal pre-filled bottles with nitrogen at higher pressure than allowed. They only ever did it once.

And actually RW stacked the deck in favor of spinners by retaining an active weapon rule, plus putting a sh**load of spinners in, and not really having any spinner killers outside of Foxic and Wyrm. I mean, did you even watch S9?

Finally, do you want half the field to be overpowered flippers that send robots into the ceiling with every flip? Because that's what you are going to get unless you prevent Paladin/Aether Paradise/Delta levels of power from being accepted.

Also, you're sticking to a sh** team system that is going to make the tournament worse. Why? You're making a sequel to a tournament, why not improve what was clearly bad about the tournament?
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 07:20:42 PM »
Hey good thing I "less-suckified" BBS into Bloody Big Saw. Guess I'll do some more testing to decide if he should enter or not.  Orherwise Loggerhead gets a revamp.

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 07:27:59 PM »
Can't wait for some more drama over a 14-year old game about fighting robots.
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 07:29:15 PM »
I prefer the 'pick a team' system to the drafting system. The drafting system used on LvD2 just turned the tournament into britbongs vs amerifats only sh**tier.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 07:31:14 PM »
Removing the giant quote thing
Firstly, WBC only did that with illegal pre-filled bottles with nitrogen at higher pressure than allowed. They only ever did it once.
Hm... learn something new every day...
And actually RW stacked the deck in favor of spinners by retaining an active weapon rule, plus putting a sh**load of spinners in, and not really having any spinner killers outside of Foxic and Wyrm. I mean, did you even watch S9?
Check section 14.2
Finally, do you want half the field to be overpowered flippers that send robots into the ceiling with every flip? Because that's what you are going to get unless you prevent Paladin/Aether Paradise/Delta levels of power from being accepted.
Half the field last time were lackluster Hammers...  I'm open for a change...  Besides, you don't decide what bots people make.  I'm half expecting a couple of drum bots, tbh.
Also, you're sticking to a sh** team system that is going to make the tournament worse. Why? You're making a sequel to a tournament, why not improve what was clearly bad about the tournament?
Cus This moment was adorable.
I have several opinions.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »
The thing about WBC using nitrogen is nothing but a rumour. A believable one, and one that could potentially be true, but there's zero evidence for it other than people taking somewhat educated guesses.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 08:16:01 AM »
Either Flipster (teh red one, not the one i hate) , or Duke 2

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 11:28:39 AM »
Removing the giant quote thing
Hm... learn something new every day...
Check section 14.2
Half the field last time were lackluster Hammers...  I'm open for a change...  Besides, you don't decide what bots people make.  I'm half expecting a couple of drum bots, tbh.
Cus This moment was adorable.

Sigh.

A: That's for S10. I referred to S9. And "All robots must incorporate an active offensive weapon which is designed to damage, immobilise or seriously affect the operation of the opponent’s robot. Weapon specifications must be included on your application form for approval. No additional or major changes to weaponry will be allowed during the event." Also entanglement is not a proven way of beating a spinner, but a spinner killer wedge is: but the active weapon rule prevents this.

B: "Half the field last time were lackluster Hammers...  I'm open for a change...  Besides, you don't decide what bots people make.  I'm half expecting a couple of drum bots, tbh." No. 5/16 were hammers: Mecha Hitler, Hammerhead, Axe Questions Later, Dragoon and Killshot. Mecha was actually a hybrid, as well. And, to be honest, the only lackluster robots were AQL and Killshot. We ended up having 4 Horizontal spinners, 2 sawblades, 1 eggbeater, 2 flipper and 1 rammer. That's not half the field being hammers.

C: That's not a good reason. Team Dark ended up with no flipper and no robot that could efficiently take on Paladin. If it was a draft system, I/Demon could have taken Flipster, Solaris and other invertible robots etc. to take on Paladin.

I prefer the 'pick a team' system to the drafting system. The drafting system used on LvD2 just turned the tournament into britbongs vs amerifats only sh**tier.

A draft allows for tactical decisions that would not be possible under the pick a team system and in theory prevents unbalanced teams: and even if it doesn't fully prevent them, it does work to at least limit the likelihood of unbalancing teams. It's either pure luck or strategy.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
Idea: Ban Avalanche from the tournament so he'll finally shut the **** up?

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »
Idea: Ban Avalanche from the tournament so he'll finally shut the **** up?

I'm trying to improve the tournament by pointing out rules and systems that don't make sense. You are just flaming.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.