Author Topic: Resetti's Replicas AI Mod (Version 4 Released)  (Read 35473 times)

Offline RTC

• Antweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Owen Wilson on Ritalin and 'Roids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Resetti's Replicas AI Mod (Version 4 Released)
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2020, 01:34:07 PM »
I'm not altering any components as I'm going off of what Resetti used, if you want to make a balance patch please keep it private

I respect that, but I think some of these are things Resetti himself has changed that for some reason got lost in translation. Infinity (UK) I think fought recently in one of Resetti's videos and didn't perform amazingly, whereas in this patch it can tear Carbide's bar spinner off with ease without nerfs. It also seems Crushtacean got a fair buff with its pincers by Resetti himself, as the ones in the build do next to no damage.

I'm not saying you should change that, but it's something that I think got lost in translation between different game builds and I'm trying to make the bots perform as they did in their most recent iterations in Resetti's videos. DSL2 reps of Paul Bunyan and Mean Streak should not be kicking the asses of DSL3 reps like Tombstone and Witch Doctor. Obviously there's some degree of leniency because RA2 is a game, and I've made my own personal changes to the files, but the damage some of these earlier replicas do are profoundly insane, especially when compared to their IRL counterparts.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2020, 01:46:01 PM »
Again, I haven't changed the values of any components, these robots perform as Resetti built them. If you want balance the mod please keep it to yourself.

Offline Yoloskater224

• Mr Stealyogirl
  • Antweight
  • Rep: -1
  • I'm just sayin, granny's revenge is HOT
    • Insert_Name_Here224
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Stolen_Kryptic#0782
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2021, 09:23:16 PM »
shoot me a dm with the balanced components tho lmao

it's ok resetti isn't gonna find out  :thumbup
pepsi max

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2021, 12:01:03 AM »
Why the **** is this almost 8gbs? Is this a ****ing virus? Are you trying to brick my PC
Guess who's back

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • why does code get a pink name and not me :o(
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: moziet#6338
« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2021, 01:51:25 AM »
Why the **** is this almost 8gbs? Is this a ****ing virus? Are you trying to brick my PC
calm down samuel downloading isnt mandatory
jump jump jump jump

Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/dsl-tc-showcases/moz-fails-at-dsl/
Tournaments:

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2021, 07:56:59 AM »
As it is a complete works type collection, are you surprised at how large it is?
As moziet said, you don't have to download it. Quit whining.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2021, 02:52:26 AM »
As it is a complete works type collection, are you surprised at how large it is?
I just downloaded it because people have been memeing about it and there's so much random sh** in the folder that is making the file size bigger for literally no reason. This "collection" is over 15gb uncompressed which is absolutely ridiculous. It is a complete and utter mess and I'm going to unapprove it from the downloads section until you fix it.

Here's a list of things I've found so far:
-Over 700 screenshots in the screenshot folder all of which are .bmp. That is almost 2gbs of screenshots that serve no purpose at all.
-A random "Tools" folder (Almost 3gbs of sh**) that has an installer for paint.net, random Paint.net plugin .rars, .rars for GMF comp/decomp programs, two AI pack .rars hidden in there
-In that same tools folder there are two .rars named May15 and June20, both of which are FULL COPIES OF RA2 filled with the same random files as listed above. (For example: the May20 one has the same screenshot folder with 2gb of pointless screenshots that nobody downloading this is going to want)
-Oh wait, but there's still hidden more in the Tools folder! There's another copy of RA2 for some reason, then 2 random AI packs!
-The robot designs folder contains two .rars for the Stock AI bots (????), .rars for random reps
-The components folder contains .rars and .exes for parts that are already installed in the copy, so thats even more bloat to the file size. Hell, there's even more programs nobody downloading the pack is going to want.
-The Custom Textures has files in it for some reason, which is adding almost another GB of bloat.
-UI Folder has a 2gb .rar file full of various UIs.
-Arenas folder has a "Resiwarz" folder which is literally just another Arenas folder filled up with a bunch of random arenas.
-The teams has robots in every team, and then within each Team folder (Team0, Team1, etc) there's copies of bot files that the game can't even read.
-There's a literally MLP fanfiction .txt file in the Team1 folder. No, I'm not joking
-Within in the styles folder I found some random .txt files one of which looks like someones account login for some website. Oh, and theres whatever the **** this is:
-In this "collection" there is literally OVER A THOUSAND copies of .bmps/.tgas/.gmfs/.pdns/.bot files that serve no purpose at all. This is literally just counting ones that have "Copy" in the file name.

At this point I gave up since there seems to just be a never ending list of useless files that are adding bloat to the size of the download and added up all the files above and you know what I got?

Over 10 GB

Yes, you are reading that right, in the uncompressed file that is 15.5 GB is total size, 10 GB of what you just downloaded is completely irrelevant, that is over 60%. That is absolutely insane and I almost feel bad for those kids who had to wait 3x as long to download it and for whoever went over their data cap to download it just because Jaydee didn't bother to clean out 10gbs of garbage before uploading it.

TL;DR If you are going to upload a Copy of RA2 at least clear out the screenshot folder and don't have like 3 backups of the same RA2 game in the same folder you are uploading, the file size could easily be cut in half just by removing the screenshots and the extra copies of RA2 and other programs. Jaydee I'm unapproving the download and I will reapprove once you go ahead and remove the 10GB of bloat that's in the download and reupload it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:57:50 AM by 090901 »

Offline draker585

• 585th Battalion
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: draker585 #2791
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2021, 03:18:55 PM »
we did it guys, we hit peak zoomer
That guy

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »
nice to see you're still a faggot
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline RoboticCombatUk

• Antweight
  • Shut up, bitch
    • Who cares?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2021, 03:50:40 PM »
Shut the hell up! If you don't like it, then why are you still here?

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2021, 06:37:30 PM »
I don't know man, looks like I was right about this being an oversized virus
Guess who's back

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2021, 06:58:46 PM »
Man this whole thread from start to finish has to be a high level thread of sh**posts

I applaud

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2021, 01:09:56 PM »
Before reading the bunch of horsesh** posts to this thread, I had no intention of coming back here. Reading this post has changed that:
A ton of moaning

I think you have missed the point with this pack, and I think you misunderstand a lot too. I did not make every single component in here, I did not alter or delete a lot of files here too. I included a lot of things Resetti has made and tools he has used. My main job was to separate and swap out components the robots use so everything is compatible (as well as AI and a few other jobs too). With no beta testers there are bound to be a few issues.
So here goes:

-Over 700 screenshots in the screenshot folder all of which are .bmp. That is almost 2gbs of screenshots that serve no purpose at all.
I'll give you that, I forgot to delete that.
-A random "Tools" folder (Almost 3gbs of sh**) that has an installer for paint.net, random Paint.net plugin .rars, .rars for GMF comp/decomp programs, two AI pack .rars hidden in there
Those are tools used by Resetti that are to be used in future.
-In that same tools folder there are two .rars named May15 and June20, both of which are FULL COPIES OF RA2 filled with the same random files as listed above. (For example: the May20 one has the same screenshot folder with 2gb of pointless screenshots that nobody downloading this is going to want)
Yes, those are unaltered copies of Resetti's game, I used them to make sure the robots worked and were compatable. Very boring stuff but whatever complain as much as you want.
-Oh wait, but there's still hidden more in the Tools folder! There's another copy of RA2 for some reason, then 2 random AI packs!
I believe I've explained this before but anyway, those are other Resetti appearances, not exaclty RANDOM AI PAKCS!!! Again, this is a collection, just delete them if you want.
-The robot designs folder contains two .rars for the Stock AI bots (????), .rars for random reps
Other replicas made by Resetti... what is your problem?
-The components folder contains .rars and .exes for parts that are already installed in the copy, so thats even more bloat to the file size. Hell, there's even more programs nobody downloading the pack is going to want.
I don't think I added these.
Just looked at them and they take up barely any size so at this point you are nitpicking.
-The Custom Textures has files in it for some reason, which is adding almost another GB of bloat.
A couple of those are alternate skins that I found in Resetti's game pack. Not sure why it's almost 1gb but okay.
-UI Folder has a 2gb .rar file full of various UIs.
Some UIs I added were used by Resetti at some point. Deleted the 2gb file.
-Arenas folder has a "Resiwarz" folder which is literally just another Arenas folder filled up with a bunch of random arenas.
I'll give you that, I forgot to delete that.
-The teams has robots in every team, and then within each Team folder (Team0, Team1, etc) there's copies of bot files that the game can't even read.
I haven't looked into those folders, I'll check now.
-There's a literally MLP fanfiction .txt file in the Team1 folder. No, I'm not joking
What?. Again I haven't looked into those folders, I think that needs deleting.
EDIT: I think those need deleting, I'm going through the Teams folder now.
-Within in the styles folder I found some random .txt files one of which looks like someones account login for some website. Oh, and theres whatever the **** this is:
I don't know what that is either.
Christ, you went through everything in the styles folder? You may have to contact me about the login because I cannot find what you are talking about.
-In this "collection" there is literally OVER A THOUSAND copies of .bmps/.tgas/.gmfs/.pdns/.bot files that serve no purpose at all. This is literally just counting ones that have "Copy" in the file name.
Again, I was not going to delete or tamper with pre-existing files. I didn't make them, maybe they are useful to Sonny in some way.

As for everything else in this thread (that is on topic):
I don't know man, looks like I was right about this being an oversized virus
There are no viruses (to my knowledge), no one has complained about a virus so why are you saying this?

If you aren't interested in this mod please leave. As for now I will fix what I can and upload V4.2.

Offline NickyDustyOwl

• Rep: 3
  • The Scum Of The Earth
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: KermitNicky
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2021, 01:32:11 PM »
What the hell man? Thats toxic
Things I done did:

Offline helloface

• 090901's cumslave
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2021, 02:00:07 PM »
Before reading the bunch of horsesh** posts to this thread, I had no intention of coming back here. Reading this post has changed that:
A ton of moaning

blah blah blah

tldr

i don't care man please i have a final project due tomorrow man just give me the de-encryption key you ****ing loser

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2021, 03:19:26 PM »
A ton of moaning

blah blah blah

tldr

i don't care man please i have a final project due tomorrow man just give me the de-encryption key you ****ing loser
Get off GTM then, your final project is not my problem.

Offline helloface

• 090901's cumslave
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: January 24, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »
A ton of moaning

blah blah blah

tldr

Get off GTM then, your final project is not my problem.
i can't you douchebag this sh** gave me a virus and now it's encrypted give me my computer back bitch

Offline NickyDustyOwl

• Rep: 3
  • The Scum Of The Earth
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: KermitNicky
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2021, 04:16:51 PM »
Jaydee just clean the folder up damn. Thats legit all we're asking. It shouldnt be 15GB.
Things I done did:

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2021, 06:04:39 PM »
Real talk, theres so much sh** in this thing that people wont use.

Youre leaving tools because Resetti will use it in future. He will, people that will play it wont. Frankly, they wint give a sh** about most stuff thats left there, they'll just download the pack and use the bots in it

Clean the stuff that people wont give a sh** about

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2021, 09:01:29 PM »
Honestly you should really just delete the Tools folder, pretty much everything in there a program you can DL online somewhere and the reasoning that "Resetti might need them later" seems kinda odd to me unless he PC randomly bricks and he has to redownload everything off of you.  :dumb) Plus the old copies of the game in that folder aren't really needed in any download as you said you already tested bots in them. (It's mainly that May20 one, that one is huuuuuge in file size itself).  At the end of the day this mainly comes down to having every single person download an extra 10gb of stuff that have no impact on playability simpley because "Resetti touched it/breathed on it" seems pretty odd to me,  and you got to remember some people still have awful internet speeds/data caps/don't wanna waste space on hard drives so having to download that extra amount just really blows when they are just downloading something for an Replica AI pack. If you are worried about Resetti needing files in the future it would make way more sense to make a private backup than posting the full unedited file for public download.

also guys if this post gets 10 likes i'll ban helloface, no cap