Author Topic: Resetti's Replicas AI Mod (Version 4 Released)  (Read 35484 times)

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Sonny Resetti AI Mod (Released!)
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2018, 10:12:40 AM »
DP
Added an update, it's on the op

Offline Robotfan99

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2018, 02:32:32 AM »
What’s the Mega link for?

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2018, 03:01:09 AM »
What’s the Mega link for?
For people who think Dropbox is slow
But I need a decryption key to download it, so... (MEGA)

Offline Robotfan99

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2018, 06:43:11 PM »
Where is the fix?

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2018, 03:00:34 AM »
Where is the fix?
Jaydee already explained error point-outs/demanding questions in this quote from the Chatbox last month, stop demanding things.
Quote from: Jaydee99
Sorry to be harsh, but there are many components for all the robots and arenas, of course it's going to be large
EDIT: Jaydee please correct me if I’m wrong.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2018, 03:04:13 AM »
Where is the fix?

DP
Added an update, it's on the op
Please look through chats before posting. The mega link is the fix, however I'm about to post another so the fix is combined with the original.

Where is the fix?
Jaydee already explained error point-outs/demanding questions in this quote from the Chatbox last month, stop demanding things.
Quote from: Jaydee99
Sorry to be harsh, but there are many components for all the robots and arenas, of course it's going to be large
EDIT: Jaydee please correct me if I’m wrong.
Nope you're right :)

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2018, 03:51:22 AM »
https://mega.nz/#!3bIkSKAQ
This edit has two more robots to mess around with, and some more tools too.

EDIT: Link with key:
https://mega.nz/#!3bIkSKAQ!VUQYnCMwR4g-yTxZo3atXvBu6Z1Mz6IgppYWKWsjeDo

Offline Robotfan99

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »
What is the key?

Offline Danangoo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2018, 06:24:01 PM »
Out of nowhere all of the DSL3 bots have had their chassis changed. I've not been messing around with any files, nor have I downloaded the patch recently posted. I turned the game off, came back five minutes later and all of the DSL 3 bots with irregular chassis (Inshredable, ToeCutter, Herbinator and Colossus to name a few) have changed.

20180917002031_2.jpg

20180917001912_2.jpg

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 06:38:15 PM »
Turn graphics to low.
Problem solved.

Offline Danangoo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 06:43:24 PM »
Turn graphics to low.
Problem solved.

The absolute madman only went and fixed it, I was wondering what the reasoning behind running on low was.

Offline Robotfan99

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 09:21:34 PM »
V2 has a virus on it. :(

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2018, 09:22:57 PM »
V2 has a virus on it. :(
Why are you scanning RA2 with antiviruses.
Ignore it.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2018, 02:27:33 AM »
Turn graphics to low.
Problem solved.

The absolute madman only went and fixed it, I was wondering what the reasoning behind running on low was.
I don't have the pack, but you have to generally use low when there is a very thin chassis part, that will happen when you use the Trov Glitch or model the thin part intentionally on CAD and then importing the CAD to OBJRA2. Same case with the 2.2 BioHazard rep

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2018, 02:41:38 AM »
It's because the BFE'd chassis will revert back to normal with any graphics setting that isn't low.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
I think the pack looks promising, but I REALLY want every single AI bot to be in the Robot Designs folder too.

Another thing that comes in my mind that the pack is currently a bit messy. Is everything here totally necessary?

Oh and one more thing. Any chance we could use our DSL 2.2 robots in the pack too?

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2018, 11:49:18 AM »
I think the pack looks promising, but I REALLY want every single AI bot to be in the Robot Designs folder too.

Another thing that comes in my mind that the pack is currently a bit messy. Is everything here totally necessary?

Oh and one more thing. Any chance we could use our DSL 2.2 robots in the pack too?
It's totally fair what you're saying, first of all yes you can use your dsl2.2 bots in this. The components are there for that reason.
Second of all, some of those files are extra tools to use for everyone. If you don't find them useful then delete them, but some people will. Other files hmm, I extracted versions of Sonny's game and I didn't delete any of them just in case. May seem silly but I wasn't going to risk it as there are some issues with files not working.
Third, if you want them in your robot designs folder you could always extract them from the AI. I know that might be a pain. In the next release I'll add them to a zip file in the Robot Designs folder.

About components and other files, even though this is a mod for Sonny Resetti's replicas I wanted to include as much as I possibly could in one mod. This may include random components from other mods, but at least you can use robots that have those components in this mod. There are tutorials on extra modding for inexperienced players and other tools to use too just in case you're bored of the game as it is.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2018, 06:04:25 AM »

It's totally fair what you're saying, first of all yes you can use your dsl2.2 bots in this. The components are there for that reason.
Second of all, some of those files are extra tools to use for everyone. If you don't find them useful then delete them, but some people will. Other files hmm, I extracted versions of Sonny's game and I didn't delete any of them just in case. May seem silly but I wasn't going to risk it as there are some issues with files not working.
Third, if you want them in your robot designs folder you could always extract them from the AI. I know that might be a pain. In the next release I'll add them to a zip file in the Robot Designs folder.

About components and other files, even though this is a mod for Sonny Resetti's replicas I wanted to include as much as I possibly could in one mod. This may include random components from other mods, but at least you can use robots that have those components in this mod. There are tutorials on extra modding for inexperienced players and other tools to use too just in case you're bored of the game as it is.
I think it would be nicer to have a cleaner version of the AI Mod. Mainly because I even found some .bot Files from the Components folder so yeah, hoping to see some kind of improvement for the next update. Any plans when that might be?

And yes, I'm aware that you can export bots from the AI folder but it's a big job to do. Would be fair if anyone who downloads the mod gets to play with any bot at any time.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2018, 06:36:11 AM »
That would again because of merging files from everywhere so that's fair.

No idea yet, I'm awaiting another list of robots from Sonny Resetti. Once they get to me I'll start immediately.
Scorpion also messaged me a few days ago saying:
[/size]
Hi Scorpion,About 8 years ago, Sonny Resetti posted an AI pack with some of his work in it and I believe you downloaded it I know it was ages ago but do you still have it?
Hello there, just noticed this while clearing out my emails. I think I should stil have that AI pack on my old laptop, I'm guessing the original source has gone missing?Assuming nobody else has found and uploaded a copy, I can have a look on that laptop for you guys?

If he does find it, or anyone else for that matter, I'll work on fixing those too.
Until then, there's nothing else I can do.