Robot Arena > Modifications

RWRA2: The Ultimate Remix

(1/5) > >>

IceCreamRulez:
So I've been working on something for the RWRA2 mod that I have named RWRA2: The Ultimate Remix. It started off with me wanting to AI some of the replicas from the 2013 AI Pack so I could battle against them instead of just playing as them. I didn't want to remove any other robots in the mod, so I've created new teams and added the bots in those teams. It started as something of an experiment to see if any of this could be done and after working on this for quite a few weeks now, I got the idea that I could possibly release this to others. However it is RWRA2 and it is somebody else's work and I thought it would be unfair to reupload something I hadn't created. And I was also thinking about whether or not I would get in trouble for including robots that did not have permission to be used. So I have a question for the RWRA2 mod makers, would it be OK for me to put this up for download when it is finished or am I not allowed to do so? And does anybody else want me to release this?

Squirrel_Monkey:
Should be possible to release it as a patch that you copy over the base RWRA2. That way you're not reuploading the base mod.

pokebro14:
It sounds like a great Idea and I've actually been trying to get new robots for it my self

cephalopod:
We 0% approve of stuff like this and would prefer the mod left as it's own entity for the pure reasoning we're happy with it. Adding any other work may not be to the same standards we set ourselves.
That said, at the end of the day, we can't stop you doing anything. We've always adopted the viewpoint above and would kindly suggest you don't call it an Ultimate Remix. In our view, the original is the ultimate. :)

kix:
Maybe just name it classic addons?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version